Recommended gun shop in Polk County, FL?

PDA

honkeoki
April 11, 2013, 07:52 PM
I have a free afternoon in Lakeland, Polk County, FL. I would LOVE to go gun shopping while I'm here, but I'm really not familiar with the area.

The kinds of stores I like:

Lots of used guns
Stocks handguns as well as long guns
The more disorganized, the better!
Inexpensive, or at least reasonably priced

Here are my options according to the hotel's Yellow Pages:

VIP pawn and gun
Addison's gun shop
Double Tap Tactical Weapons
Hal's gun shop
Anvil Arms
Bartow jewelry and pawn
Guns Galore
Lake Miriam Pawn
Shoot Straight Lakeland
Tim's Gun and Range
Ultimate Arms
Vets army navy surplus store

Please recommend the shop with the best selection of used weapons and/or best pricing.

Thanks for your help!

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommended gun shop in Polk County, FL?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ed N.
April 11, 2013, 11:02 PM
Addison's is probably your best bet, but it's a long way from Lakeland. It's closer to Kissimmee than it is to Lakeland. Guns Galore would be closer, but when I've been in there the used selection was a bit limited, and their prices seemed high. (Of course, right now everything is high.)

You might also try the Gun Shed (1704 E. Edgewood Dr., Lakeland). They had a few nice SxS shotguns the last time I was in there, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

PCFlorida
April 12, 2013, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Arms at 610 North Combee Rd.

C5rider
April 13, 2013, 04:44 PM
I've had good luck at Tim's. They've got a stash of grips that i usually go through to find a cheapo pair for whatever. CAN be iffy, but always something interesting to look at.

Also, just down the road in Fort Meade, there's MC's Gun shop. Fort Meade is a cool little town right on 98, south of Bartow. When 98 makes a left at the light, you make a right. MC's is right on the right hand side. ALWAYS something interesting to look at. Although their prices might seem high on some stuff, they may work with you on it. They also have done a bunch of gunsmithing and still may do a lot of that. I usually plan on stopping by MC's each time i go into town.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommended gun shop in Polk County, FL?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!