EUSSR - a word of warning to those across the pond

PDA

lykoris
April 12, 2013, 02:31 PM
In this EU country, we have seen new firearms legislation introduced just over the last 1.5 years (as ever more restrictions) and now the current minister of Justice wants a new national debate on firearms following that US incident to introduce more measures :scrutiny:

and now a friend has sent me this link courtesy of the EUSSR and their obsession with centralizing control over every aspect of national state this pertains to firearms legislation...take the time to read the questions. I would be interested to hear your feedback.

http://ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/ipm/forms/dispatch?form=ReduceFirearmsRisk&lang=ang

Personally, I think this is the point where I start looking for work in Switzerland.

If you enjoyed reading about "EUSSR - a word of warning to those across the pond" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MtnCreek
April 12, 2013, 02:54 PM
'Henry Eighth' from UK took the survey and he was appreciative of the open commentary sections. ;)

jstein650
April 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
How many pages of silly firearm rules and regulations do you already have?? Do the authors of this survey actually think the people taking it know them? I didn't see any links to what I'm sure is already a burdensome volume of laws.
Like here in the US, the laws really are never meant to work. That is why in the highest crime and murder areas of the country, most firearm related offenses aren't even enforced. Look at Chicago. This always makes for the "need" for more restrictive gun laws, since the last round didn't "work". The end game for the left is disarming the populace and confiscation, plain and simple. Everyone knows, and even those promoting the latest round of bills on more gun control in DC, that none of it would have any effect whatsoever in the last two big murder rampages. DOESN'T MATTER... It sounds good, and then we'll have a reason for more laws... This *excrement* never ends.

Kiln
April 13, 2013, 12:35 AM
I don't really give a damn about what Europe thinks. They've been letting their rights be taken away for too long to even remember.

Molon Labe, long live the USA.

CmdrSlander
April 13, 2013, 12:46 AM
I took the survey as an American; all you have to do choose "other" for your country. Do it and skew their results toward firearms freedom.

jstein650
April 13, 2013, 01:13 AM
That's what I did, of course...

Twiki357
April 13, 2013, 03:30 AM
Me too. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "EUSSR - a word of warning to those across the pond" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!