I need help ID'ing this gun

PDA

landman650
April 13, 2013, 01:21 AM
I've exhausted most of my time and resources searching for what kind of gun this is.

I bought a 1863 Springfield that had been sporterized. Beautiful gun for what it is..that was easy to ID.

The second gun I purchased was missing some pieces, had some pieces replaced with modern stuff that I quickly removed. I am attaching pictures of this gun. There is a serial number on the right side of the barrel that is partially covered up and no other markings. Nice hammer and I like the buttstock, nose piece and trigger guard. Surface rust is plentiful but all mechanisms work. There is a weld and I am curious if it looks original or like it's a later fix...any help/advice/opinions/guesses would help.

Thanks in advance...I'm just getting into antique guns now that I'm tired of the new gun market.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need help ID'ing this gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
landman650
April 13, 2013, 01:22 AM
the serial number, and only visual marking on the gun. I also found an X on the piece of metal behind the trigger,

Ron James
April 13, 2013, 01:38 AM
If I had to make a rush judgement, from the lock and furniture I would say it was a modern firearm.

landman650
April 13, 2013, 02:03 AM
that's not unlikely!

the hammer definitely modern...as I'm trying to learn more, could you tell me why you think so?

swathdiver
April 13, 2013, 02:10 AM
Looks like a CVA kit Kentucky Rifle with a new barrel.

DoubleDeuce 1
April 13, 2013, 02:42 AM
Definitely an old CVA/ Jukar lock, stock and breech plug. Probably from around the late 60's to early 70's.:cool:

mykeal
April 13, 2013, 08:26 AM
Here's another one:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/mykealsm/Guns/CVA%20Kentucky%20Rifle/550.jpg (http://s122.photobucket.com/user/mykealsm/media/Guns/CVA%20Kentucky%20Rifle/550.jpg.html)

landman650
April 13, 2013, 02:53 PM
I totally agree with yall. Thanks for the help...

If you enjoyed reading about "I need help ID'ing this gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!