primers at LGS

PDA

Lennyjoe
April 13, 2013, 03:01 PM
Locals shops in Tucson, Az have primers in stock. Scored s few thousand today. Am happy, happy, happy!

If you enjoyed reading about "primers at LGS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingmt
April 13, 2013, 03:37 PM
There was bullets on the shelf at the local Walmart last night.

45lcshooter
April 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
More and more people are getting happy happy happy, because components are becoming available more. I have been very lucky that about the 100 shops within an hour of me had a little bit and of everything since December. Some have been out of stock, just because they sold out, not because of the panic buying. They also implemented the 2 boxes "rule" for ammo. I still can't believe all the non reloaders out there yet.

ljnowell
April 13, 2013, 04:12 PM
There was bullets on the shelf at the local Walmart last night.

I wish my Wal Mart sold reloading supplies. Ours only sells loaded ammo.

TheSaint
April 13, 2013, 04:29 PM
Agreed, my local walmart here in California only sells loaded ammo as well. What walmart did you go to in IL? I split time out that way, and have noticed that most them of don't sell individual components either.

tightgroup tiger
April 13, 2013, 04:42 PM
My LGS is populating there shelves again too. I was in there last week, they had over 300 lbs of powder and lots of bullets like Hornady XTPs and Sierra rifle bullets.

Primers are still an issue but I had 15,000 of them already before this crap all started.

I think things are getting better slowly.

Reefinmike
April 13, 2013, 04:59 PM
A lgs near me has had primers this whole time. Dont like the owners so I try not to support them. anyways $38/k is a bit steep for me anyways.

Lennyjoe
April 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
$34 per thousand here. I also got an FNS-40 at the law enforcement price of $425. The local gunshop gives LE prices to retired military.

rromeo
April 13, 2013, 07:47 PM
Walmart didn't have any powder or primers, but they had 55gr .224 bullets.

FROGO207
April 13, 2013, 08:30 PM
LGS near me had a fair selection of 223, 7.62X39, and 9MM on the shelf this afternoon. Like about 10K of ammo in each of these.:D Prices are up there compared to before the election but only about 10-12 percent more so far on these boxes. He had Wolf, Tula, WWB, and some Remington of the various calibers. Still waiting for .22 though.:mad:

KansasSasquatch
April 13, 2013, 08:41 PM
If my local Wal Marts carried reloading supplies like some people keep talking about, I'd probably be one of those people lined up everyday waiting to see what came off the truck. I'm not sure if I'm glad or disappointed that my Wal Marts don't carry that stuff. I don't like going there for the stuff they do carry but another option for reloading supplies might be nice.

gamestalker
April 13, 2013, 08:48 PM
Was that at Murphy's? Cash Box also has components, but that place has really high priced goods. I've been getting mine from Murphy's for $3.49 ever since this craze started. He also usually has plenty of powder too, but many don't know he does, cause he keeps it in back. I haven't been needing any, but when I see them I grab them just because. I occasionally see them in SWH also, but that place is a zoo on Fridays, no thanks.
GS

Lennyjoe
April 13, 2013, 09:03 PM
Cash ox has CCI primers @$34.95 per thousand. I usually get my primers and powder from there due to a back up location from SWH. But, like u said, SWH is out of a lot lately and I'm not about to go up there from SV at 0 dark thirty to get in line.

mtrmn
April 14, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm jealous of people who have local Walmarts that carry reloading supplies.

But then again, if they did then that would be another area where my LGS would have to compete with them to sell anything. I like my LGS....

rromeo
April 16, 2013, 12:24 PM
In my area, Walmart really doesn't offer much competition for the small stores. They sell Winchester brass, which was priced rather well, but powders and primers were about average for a local store, and everything was cheaper at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Rodfac
April 17, 2013, 09:47 AM
I stopped by Cabelas yesterday and bought 2000 primers...their limit due to the current panic. When I got to the check out counter, I asked if they had an ex-military discount...they did, and I got the primers for $33 + tax. Lately that's about $7 under the going price. Best Regards, Rod

Comrade Mike
April 17, 2013, 10:27 AM
Last time I got SPP at bass pro they charged 50/1000, haven't had them since. The shelves here in Illinois are pretty much bare, no powders, no primers no bullets :/

Josh45
April 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
Glad some of you are getting things on the shelf again.
LGS here just got 10 lbs of Varget and 10 Lbs of IIMR-4350 the other day and is limiting one per customer. Bought one pound of Varget, 1k Federal Match Primers for Large Pistol at 33.95 and some CCI Rifle Primers at 3.50 per 100. Ended up getting 500 of those.

I should call and see if they have anything else....Still hardly any bullets for the .45

Arkansas Paul
April 17, 2013, 02:29 PM
I'm jealous of people who have local Walmarts that carry reloading supplies.

Me too. The nearest one to me that does is over 2 hrs away.
My local stores here wouldn't be able to compete. Their powder is $25/lb across the board and $39.99/1k on primers. I don't know what Wally World charges, but it's got to be cheaper than that.

To the OP, I have noticed things becoming more widely available here as well.

parker51
April 17, 2013, 03:51 PM
When I got to the check out counter, I asked if they had an ex-military discount...they did, and I got the primers for $33 + tax. Lately that's about $7 under the going price. Best Regards, Rod

Which Cabelas offered this discount? Thanks

armoredman
April 17, 2013, 05:00 PM
Would love to find primers...Cash Box Jewelry has reloading stuff? Nice, don't remember that being there before, but it's been about 12 or so years since I was in there. Nice people.

red rick
April 17, 2013, 05:05 PM
I got the last box of 1000 large pistol primers Saturday at my LGS.

kingmt
April 17, 2013, 05:27 PM
Wally World is expensive on everything except bullets.

Lennyjoe
April 17, 2013, 11:26 PM
Yes Cashbox has reloading gear. Powders, primers are decent priced. Bullets are a few pennies more and they also have equipment. The guys there are very nice and hooked me up with 3k in primers last weekend.

Comrade Mike
April 18, 2013, 07:56 AM
Looks like things are actually starting to trickle back in a bit. Hopefully with the political winds dying down a bit things will continue to improve

ArchAngelCD
April 18, 2013, 08:46 AM
My happy, happy, happy is I haven't had to buy anything for the past year so I'm really happy.

I feel bad for the shooters/reloaders who don't shoot a lot and usually buy 1000 primers for the entire year and couldn't find them this year. I have a friend who shoots a box of 9mm maybe every other week 10 months out of the year. I gave him a box (1000) of SPP which will last him for a year. It's just not right! This is all so stupid...

If you enjoyed reading about "primers at LGS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!