NFA and the many states.

PDA

lilguy
April 14, 2013, 11:16 AM
How have the new state laws impacted NFA items.? They are working overtime in Illinois to ban semi auto, high cap everything. I don't want to go to the trouble of building a SBR or two and loose them in a gun ban.

If you enjoyed reading about "NFA and the many states." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mo_dingo
April 17, 2013, 09:20 PM
I don't think any of the states are messing with NFA items, they are trying to ban new firearms. They are too stupid to know the difference anyway.

AZ just passed a law stating that all firearms turned in at gun buybacks must be auctioned to the public (I should say, firearms that are legal to own). Nice!

pjlaw1
April 20, 2013, 08:18 PM
NC removed the sheriff sign off on the forms.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
April 21, 2013, 09:24 AM
I wasn't aware of the change in NC.

wally
April 21, 2013, 04:03 PM
NC removed the sheriff sign off on the forms.

The chief LEO sign off is currently a federal requirement, there is talk it will be removed to then hassle the Trust folks with fingerprint and photo requirements.

But as far as I know its not actually happened yet.

So unless NC had an extra requirement of their own, nothing they can do about the federal rules. Although a state law to force their chief LEOs to sign unless good reason not to is produced, would be a big positive!

If you enjoyed reading about "NFA and the many states." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!