Where to find (gently) used gear?

PDA

Dryft
April 14, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hey folks,

I've been thinking that, considering firearm preferences and everything change, there's probably (?) a pretty good market out there for competition gear that shooters don't need anymore. Anybody know if there's an online forum for something like that?

I mean, things like CR Speed competition holsters aren't exactly multi-purpose items, you know?

I'm sure a lot of it gets sold at local matches, but there's got to be a lot out there. eBay maybe?

Thanks for whatever suggestions y'all have!

(Obviously this is for a reason - I'd like a full competition setup, rather than what I have, but would prefer not to spend a ton of money.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to find (gently) used gear?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
allaroundhunter
April 14, 2013, 05:16 PM
Most competitive shooters that I know hold onto a lot of their stuff. For example, I have friends that started the 3 gun game with basic gear, but have since upgraded. However, they still use their basic 3 gun gear as their IDPA rig because their new 3 gun gear is not IDPA-legal.

What type of competition gear are you looking for?

MrBorland
April 14, 2013, 05:29 PM
Register on the Brian Enos forum, then check out the classifieds. The BE forum is specifically for competitive shooters, and the classified section is very active. Lots of used gear to be had.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

allaroundhunter
April 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mr. Borland, I am a member over at Brian Enos and I have never seen the classifieds section :confused:

I even went there to check for one after I read the OP :o

MrBorland
April 14, 2013, 06:16 PM
It's way down near the bottom, in "Miscellaneous", just under "BE's Vendor Tents". Pretty sure you have to be signed in to see it, though.

allaroundhunter
April 14, 2013, 06:33 PM
Well, what do you know.... I found it.....

You're right about having to be signed in, I shoulda figured that one out :rolleyes:

Dryft
April 15, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hey folks,

Thanks for the advice - I'll make sure to check out the Enos forum.

AllAround - I'm looking for a CR Speed WSM2 holster and Versa-Pouch mag holsters.

Any further information would be great!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to find (gently) used gear?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!