Two Trick Questions

PDA

Hurryin' Hoosier
April 14, 2013, 08:37 PM
Having just purchased my first Tokarev (actually a Zastava M57), and being a long-time Pistolet Makarova owner, I've come up with two trick questions for a firearms trivia quiz: how do you install the firing pin spring in a Makarov, and how many grip screws do you need for a Tokarev? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Two Trick Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OilyPablo
April 14, 2013, 08:42 PM
None and none. :D

Hurryin' Hoosier
April 14, 2013, 08:53 PM
And it's Pablo for the win! :D

Of course, a lot of people probably wouldn't know what a Makarov or a Tokarev were, anyway.

OilyPablo
April 14, 2013, 09:22 PM
Fine collector items! I love these things. Glad I just scored some surplus 7.62x25, only 280 rounds, but still.

4season
April 14, 2013, 09:44 PM
How would anyone not know what a Makarov is? It is one of the most common pawn shop guns out there. Of course if you looked at a Mak you probably did a google and got some reference to the Tokarev so I really don't know how someone on a gun site would not know what they are. Although I have never had any interest in the Tokarev, have never handled one nor do I know how many grip screws there are I have at least heard of it.

Hurryin' Hoosier
April 14, 2013, 11:07 PM
Fine collector items! I love these things. Glad I just scored some surplus 7.62x25, only 280 rounds, but still.
You found some 7.62x25? You really should be willing to share! ;)

GBExpat
April 16, 2013, 11:49 AM
Of course, a lot of people probably wouldn't know what a Makarov or a Tokarev were, anyway.

? Out in The World, perhaps, but certainly not In Here. :)

I own 2 Maks and (looking up, counting in my head) 11? Toks ... lessee:

2 Polish
2 Romys
3 Russian (sans add-on Safeties)
4 Yugo M57

Hurryin' Hoosier
April 16, 2013, 12:45 PM
I was referring, of course, to the great unwashed masses. ;)

(But I do think that they would be good questions for a trivia contest.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Two Trick Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!