Citizens Committee for RTKBA

PDA

Arp32
April 15, 2013, 03:21 AM
The Washington Post is reporting a "breakthrough" because the "2nd largest" gun owners group has supported some version of the current background check bill.

I had never heard of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms until I read today's paper.

Anyone here know anything about this group?

If you enjoyed reading about "Citizens Committee for RTKBA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Librarian
April 15, 2013, 04:25 AM
http://ccrkba.org/

An Alan Gottlieb/SAF-related organization.

TheSaint
April 15, 2013, 06:52 AM
I've never heard of this group up until now.

jimmyraythomason
April 15, 2013, 08:33 AM
I was a member in the 1990s. I often got phone calls from them asking for donations which I would send in by mail(I had no internet or credit card at that time). I would receive a notice thanking me for my "generous telephone donation of $____". and a bill for it. The amount always seemed more than I had said but I wasn't sure. The last call I told the caller that I would give $____ but if the bill was for more than that that I would send NO donation. I took the callers name and he assured me that the call was being recorded(for accuracy). When the bill arrived,it was for DOUBLE the amount that I had offered. I waited for the "We haven't received your telephone donation" call. Needless to say,I no longer have anything to do with the CCRTKBA.

hso
April 15, 2013, 08:48 AM
They're a 2A organization focused on legal action. They've been responsible for the McDonald case beating Chicago, the first 2A lawsuit filed after Katrina against New Orleans, Heller, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HCE2DXXxWc

Since we've answered who they are and the thread in General has also answered the question AND we already have a thread in General trying to dissect the Toomey amendment to S.649 we don't need to keep this one open.

If you enjoyed reading about "Citizens Committee for RTKBA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!