Lost THR Access on Galaxy S3

PDA

rangerphil
April 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
This is a good one:

As of 2 days ago, can no longer access THR on either my or my wife's S3 phone. Message says site cannot be found. Co-worker's S3 works fine. Also installed Google Chrome and same result. AT&T is stumped as well. No settings have been changed and I have deleted cache, data, etc. Moderator on one of the Android forums on the net is also stumped.....HELP !!!

AT&T just nofitied me that this appears to be a network problem and included other sites such as EBAY. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Lost THR Access on Galaxy S3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
April 15, 2013, 02:18 PM
AT&T just nofitied me that this appears to be a network problem and included other sites such as EBAY. Thanks
Well, that makes me feel better. Was afraid it was something on this end and I was coming up empty.

Just so I can check, though: go to www.whatismyip.com and take a note of your IP address, then PM me with it. I'll make sure the intrusion detection system didn't incorrectly flag you for being naughty or something.

WardenWolf
April 15, 2013, 02:56 PM
The massive storm that hit the Midwest last week did a real number on cross-country data links. It's still not back to normal. I'm not sure where THR is hosted, but as of this moment I'm still getting wildly varying ping times between 100 and 600 ms to Yahoo.com with some packet loss. I'm in Virginia, for the record, in an area primarily supported by Cox. One of the customers I support was complaining of problems getting to sites. I troubleshooted alongside Cox tech support and we determined the problem occurred after it left Cox's network. AT&T and other major Internet backbone providers seem to be at fault. They have failed to properly route around the failure points.

Here's where the traceroute to yahoo.com runs into trouble:
11 46 ms 74 ms 45 ms po-13.bas2-7-prd.ne1.yahoo.com [98.138.240.28]
12 402 ms 74 ms 75 ms po-12.bas2-7-prd.ne1.yahoo.com [98.138.240.26]
13 455 ms 498 ms 675 ms ir1.fp.vip.ne1.yahoo.com [98.138.253.109]

If you enjoyed reading about "Lost THR Access on Galaxy S3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!