Lube Oops

PDA

TenDriver
April 16, 2013, 11:40 AM
Had a friend using my press and after sizing, he loaded his ammo before cleaning out the lube. Pull 'em or use them? There would have been lube (Lee tube stuff) inside the necks. I'm really not sure what to tell him about it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lube Oops" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MtnCreek
April 16, 2013, 12:03 PM
If they're just plinking ammo, I would shoot them. It's not going to hurt anything (except 'maybe' accuracy).

243winxb
April 16, 2013, 02:04 PM
If a bottle neck like 243 win, the expander has pulled out most all of the lube on sizing. I vote for "use them"

gamestalker
April 16, 2013, 02:09 PM
I have actually done that, using the Lee dry Lube in fact. The only thing I would recommend is don't let them sit around for an extended period of time, or the lube will clump the powder up. So shoot em, and you'll be good to go.
GS

Mike 27
April 16, 2013, 04:22 PM
I would use them. I don't think there is anything to worry about. All I usually do is use a Q tip anyway during trimming.

geist262
April 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
I have actually done that, using the Lee dry Lube in fact. The only thing I would recommend is don't let them sit around for an extended period of time, or the lube will clump the powder up. So shoot em, and you'll be good to go.
GS

I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScratchnDent
April 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
shoot 'em

If you enjoyed reading about "Lube Oops" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!