Needing a front sight screw for Ruger Mark II

PDA

Orion8472
April 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
I have a low profile front sight that I need a screw for. Yes, I could get one from Ruger, but their shipping options are $6 Priority.

Does anyone have an extra they aren't using?

If you enjoyed reading about "Needing a front sight screw for Ruger Mark II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mbopp
April 17, 2013, 07:21 PM
You might try posting this on the Ruger forum over at rimfirecentral.

MR2Aaron
April 18, 2013, 10:11 AM
There's a place here in Austin called "Austin Bolt Company" that would most certainly have that, for like $.02.

Maybe look for a business that just sells fasteners, and take the receiver/barrel in there, and see if they can find one for you?

Orion8472
April 18, 2013, 10:36 AM
I wonder if I can take my current screw in to Lowes to see if there's something with the same thread pattern [it's for the high profile front sight, but too tall for the low]. I went to Bass Pro Shops gunsmith, but they didn't have one for me to use.

Pilot
April 18, 2013, 10:47 AM
Call Ruger. When I've lost screws or small parts, they've sent them to me for free. No shipping cost either.

Orion8472
April 18, 2013, 12:52 PM
Excellent help, Pilot. I will call them and see if I can get lucky on that!

Update: Okay, I called them. They took my address info and said it would be shipped soon. Thanks again, Pilot! :-)

I got fixed low profile sights for a bull barrel from Ruger and the front sight really should have been sent with a screw. Anyway, the front site is technically on my Mark II now, but is taller than it needs to be. But I tested it out at the range and the sights are right on. I never changed my adjustable sights so figured I could make it more streamlined with lower sights. Looks great now!

highlander 5
April 18, 2013, 01:04 PM
I have to comment here on Ruger MK II pistols,for whatever reason Ruger doesn't believe in Loctite. I've seen more than 1 MK II front sight go bye bye because of this. The last 2 MK IIs I bought the first thing I did was to use some blue Loctite or nail polish to anchor the front sight screw.

Orion8472
April 18, 2013, 01:08 PM
Thanks highlander. I will have to do that after my gunsmith is done with the Cerekote.

If you enjoyed reading about "Needing a front sight screw for Ruger Mark II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!