do/would you wear gun related apparel?

PDA

Ridgeway
March 15, 2004, 11:50 PM
I usually buy t-shirts according to what my hobby is @ the time(ie cars, flying etc), and of course now its firearms...so I do have a couple non-infamatory gun related shirts that I wear...example: one depicts ~6 glocks, different models/generations, another with sigs, another shirt that just says glock, another for sig etc...

I'm a college student so of course I'm usually surrounded by liberal teachers and students.
I wouldn't mind wearing something like this:
http://www.jpfo.org/jpfo1.htm (this is about the most infamatory shirt I could find)
or one of the shirts with olegs great pieces of work on them, but am not sure how good of an idea that would be for general wear @ college(btw I'm not shy re: advertising I shoot, and have invited a number of students to join me @ the range- I spent most of my spring break last week @ the range).
Bad or good idea to wear? I'd hate to just look like the gun-toting redneck that everyone thinks is going to go postal b/c of a pro-gun shirt, yet I get constantly irked at all of the left-wing staffers, with very few individuals being anywere near conservative like myself.

Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "do/would you wear gun related apparel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Parker Dean
March 16, 2004, 12:17 AM
Personally, I've never been one to advertise and pointing out that I'm into firearms would make me feel a bit too much like a target for theft, etc.

OTOH, there IS appeal in throwing it into the anti's faces...

About the only thing I would consider would be one of the MOLON LABE hats and that would just be because only those in the know would understand.

Nightcrawler
March 16, 2004, 12:18 AM
I've got a T-shirt. Has about 20 different makes of handguns on the back. Says "CELEBRATE DIVERSITY".

Tamara
March 16, 2004, 12:20 AM
do/would you wear gun related apparel?

Almost every day.

Untactical? Yes. But I'm sick of cowering. :scrutiny:

Dienekes
March 16, 2004, 12:52 AM
Hard to think of a more intolerant place than a college campus anymore. So much for intellectual honesty.

To paraphrase Thoreau in "Walden" (in regards to my college years) "What demon made me behave so well?"

If the truth bothers them, tough.

Preacherman
March 16, 2004, 12:58 AM
IMHO, I would suggest picking your battles carefully. You really can't win on a liberal campus: your grades might suffer, you might make yourself subject to searches of your car and campus accommodation (if any), and you might get a reputation for being a "whacko". Do you really want to add these aggravations to your studies?

I think you should get your degree, then use your status as a graduate to reinforce the RKBA viewpoint from a position of strength.

Night Guy
March 16, 2004, 12:58 AM
I wear an HK hat often. The other day I was at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and a gentleman acknowledged me by saying, "Nice hat." I felt like a member of a special club because only he and I knew what that logo stood for. So yes, I enjoy wearing some apparel. I like being discreet, though. I don't need the attention of a bunch of anti morons.

Travis McGee
March 16, 2004, 01:09 AM
I love wearing gun shirts! I've got them for many firearms companies, military-related shirts, etc. Plus, AK-47.net makes and sells shirts with my own book cover on the back:

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/bookcover.jpg

We've got to stop "hiding in the gun safe" and come out, and proudly show our colors, and our numbers!

Matt

JShirley
March 16, 2004, 01:18 AM
I wear either a Molon Labe or a 1-5 INF shirt about 2x a week.

John

Brigrat
March 16, 2004, 01:20 AM
I CCW carry in a fanny pack!!! What is more pro gun than that!!!

Seriously though, I attend classes at a local university at night, and proudly display my G.W. Bush, USMC, and NRA Bumper Stickers on my vehicle, and binders. Every night after class, I check my truck for dents and scratches...I am that unpopular. It is sad, but you will destroy everything I own, before I stop standing for what I believe in!!!

Black92LX
March 16, 2004, 01:28 AM
i am in college and i wear the Molon Labe shirt from Oleg's site almost once a week. i have definatly got some good looks and lots of questions.:evil:

i also have an HK shirt i wear too.

That says "when lives are at stake leave nothing to chance"

with an UMP on the front. i get lots of questions about that one!

Viking6
March 16, 2004, 07:24 AM
Not really. I'm more of a plain color t-shirt, polo, flannel shirt with jeans or khakis type guy. I don't do vanity plates either. I don't like to project an image, but that's just me. I have requisite Department of Defense stickers on my car for work. I do have a South Carolina state flag sticker on the rear windshield of my pickup because I love the state of my birth. No NRA or gun club stickers. I have seen the "Celebrate Diversity" t-shirt; it's pretty cool but not something I would wear. In my youth I did have a t-shirt that said " Old Truckers Never Die, They Just Get a New Peterbilt"

bpisler
March 16, 2004, 07:29 AM
A remington baseball cap.

Kharn
March 16, 2004, 07:29 AM
I've got four TFL shirts, a "Shooting is not a crime" Tshirt and an "I *heart* my AR15" sweatshirt (that I wear on my morning jog).

Kharn

Citadel99
March 16, 2004, 07:36 AM
I wear gun apparel quite often between my hats and tshirts.

Mark

tiberius
March 16, 2004, 07:40 AM
Does a gunbelt and holster count? :)

DMK
March 16, 2004, 07:57 AM
I wear my TFL Alumni/Molon Labe stuff all the time.

Unless you have something immediately recognizable by the layman such as Colt or Beretta, most folks have no idea what these logos and slogans mean. I get asked all the time.

Knives
March 16, 2004, 08:04 AM
"I've got a T-shirt. Has about 20 different makes of handguns on the back. Says "CELEBRATE DIVERSITY"."

I've got that shirt as well.

SapperLeader
March 16, 2004, 08:04 AM
I usually avoid gun apperal since I spend so much time on school, but I am ordering one of the molon labe hats.

Brian Williams
March 16, 2004, 08:10 AM
I wear my Molon Labe hat all the time and I have a S&W t shirt with the exploded diagram of a revolver quite often. The folks at church really question me on my shirt and how can I work with the teenagers with "that shirt on". I say "it's no problem they keep asking if they can borrow it."

Tango Sierra
March 16, 2004, 08:25 AM
>>I wear gun apparel quite often between my hats and tshirts<<

Would that be a necklace or a ski mask?

azrael
March 16, 2004, 08:29 AM
funny that this question came up...yesterday I was talking to a lady about having some shirts done up for my site...Problem is...most of them are fairly plain, and if any of you have looked at my site then you know I hate plain!! :D

Thinking normal logo on the front over a pocket with a grim reaper on the back...

Other than that I dont own a "gun" shirt...never have...Although the Molon Labe hats and t-shirts are tempting:D

OEF_VET
March 16, 2004, 08:31 AM
Perfessr, I've got the same T-shirt. I wore it to the VA hospital once, the nurse noticed it and asked if it was a 586 on the back (it is). I was impressed that he actually knew what it was by just looking at it for about 2 seconds.

I've got another S&W t-shirt that I wear frequently. I was wearing it in the grocery store once when an older gent walked by and asked if I supported gun control. Before I was able to answer, he said something to the effect of gun control meant being able to hit your target. You gotta love running into kindred spirits in unusual places.

cracked butt
March 16, 2004, 08:35 AM
I wear what I would call more "politically correct" gun apparrel. I often wear Remington or Browning logo button up or polo shirts and occasionally hats. In the cooler months, I often times wear a variety of surplus military jackets with european alpenflage or flectar patterns on them, not because I have to, but just for fun.

GigaBuist
March 16, 2004, 10:27 AM
NRA sticker on the car, NRA hat, GOA hat, NRA shirt, GOA shirt, and a couple from over at liberty tree (or something like that -- where Oleg sells his stuff). One with Ghandi's quote on gun control and one that has a drawing that looks like a kid did it -- with the "good people" dead and the "bad guy" living... and only the bad guy has a gun, so guns are bad.

I was pretty docile for the first 16 years of my life, pretty mild for the next 6, and now.. if you don't agree with me fine, but I'm not giving an inch on my beleifs to make you feel more cozy... so, I "fly my colors" when I feel like it.

smith934
March 16, 2004, 10:43 AM
A tan Sniper's Hide T Shirt. Got a longsleeve one on the way.

Smoke
March 16, 2004, 10:44 AM
A couple of years ago, I pointed out a pullover shooters shirt in a Cabela's catalog to the wife. That year for Christmas I got over a dozen of different styles and colors of "Shooter's shirts". I wear them a lot....mainly because that is a big part of what's in my closet. :uhoh:

I have several hats, with Gun Company logos.

Then I have my hats and shirts from gun schools.

Smoke

MissileCop
March 16, 2004, 10:53 AM
Well, I didn't buy the stuff just to have them sit in the dresser! :neener:

Have a small collection, whether it be TFL/Molon Labe shirts, AR-15.com shirts, and the Dillon Aero GE MiniGun shirt. I don't think twice about usually wearing them. If I'm working at the hospital, I stick to the TFL/Molon Labe shirts.

After my 4th day at the hospital, they called our Data Center looking for blood donors. I happily agreed to donate, since they were in short supply.
However, in order to take blood, I had to take off my sweatshirt.

What was I wearing underneath? An AR-15.com shirt with a big yellow AR-15 on the back. :what: Initially, I was a little leery about what someone might say, but then I figured, who's gonna question a guy about a gun shirt when he's all bandaged up from giving blood? ;) Got back to the Data Center, and quickly found out that three of my new co-workers were into firearms as well. :D

Declaration Day
March 16, 2004, 11:13 AM
I have mostly Springfield Armory advertisement shirts. The one exception is the NRA shirt that says "The Second Amendment: America's original homeland security." I wear them in public all the time because I like them, not to stir up controversy. I have not received any comments, positive or negative. When I am working however, I leave them at home because I don't want to lose any customers who might be on the other side of the issue. Their money is as good as anyone else's. Besides, there is no sense in screaming my beliefs when all it does is threaten the income that I bring home to my family. I spend plenty of time talking to people and persuading them to join our side. I also donate generously to pro-gun organizations. In most cases, what you do is often more important and productive than what you say.

techmike
March 16, 2004, 11:23 AM
Almost every day.

Untactical? Yes. But I'm sick of cowering.

I wear an HK polo (different one) a couple times a week, on other days a Colt Lapel Pin, they go Nicely with my M-16 coffee cup that sits on my desk. I too refuse to cower. I figure by being in the technology industry and dressing well and getting my pro gun ideology across, I can help bust the Bubba stereotype that the antis promote.

williamcrane
March 16, 2004, 11:36 AM
I have a a couple of ball caps, one with the S&W Logo plus the words Smith & Wesson on it; and another from Henry Repeating arms. I also own a Smith & Wesson T-shirt which has crossed Schofields and the words Smith & Wesson, 150th Anniversary, An American Tradition.:what:

tcdrennen
March 16, 2004, 11:41 AM
I'm back in school full time (after 18 months unemployment as "over-qualified but under-credentialed", it's time to finish the BSEE :what: ) and wear a "Liberty Belles - Putting The Second Amendment First" t-shirt under my Hawaiian cover shirt about half the time (not the SAME shirt :barf: , I have a half dozen of them :D )

My Tundra has an NRA Life Member decal, NRA front license plate frame, a custom plate frame on the back that says "My Other Auto Is A .45 ACP", and a West End Gun Club trailer hitch cover.

I occasionally spice things up with a red or black Gun Owners of California T shirt, or one of several other T's from GOA, Springfield (M1A), Front Sight, local gun shops. etc. etc.

Or my Sluggy Freelance "Time To Die, Nerd-boy!" shirt. I do love a homicidal mini-lop bunny ... :evil:

ThreadKiller
March 16, 2004, 11:52 AM
I like to sport my "Nuke Berkeley" hat whenver I must enter into enemy territory.

Got it from FlashBunny.org (http://www.flashbunny.org). Pretty neat site.

Tim

12-34hom
March 16, 2004, 12:13 PM
Yes i do.

12-34hom.

bogie
March 16, 2004, 12:24 PM
I tend to wear Browning or Woolrich shirts, or benchrest or Knob Creek t-shirts... when I'm not wearing tie-dyes...

Very few folks have commented unfavorably, and very many favorably. Management here would be startled at the number of colleagues who have not "come out of the gun safe."

When asked about the Knob Creek stuff, I generally reply "Hey, it's down at Ft. Knox, and they blow up junk cars and stuff - it's better than sitting in the front row at a Schwarzenegger flick!"

BTW, Wally World has had NICE Woolrich shooting shirts on sale for $12 each lately...

noname1
March 16, 2004, 12:52 PM
Where can I order a Molon Labe hat?
Thanks

Typhoon
March 16, 2004, 01:05 PM
I typically do not wear gun related apparel, but last winter I was on a business trip to Washington D.C. and had to stay longer than I intended. All I had left that was warm and clean was a sweat shirt from a shooting school.

Anyway, I was wandering around the Museum of Natural History when this distinguished elderly gent came up to me and questioned me about the shirt and shooting. He ended up recommending Grossman's "On Killing" book, which I checked out of the library and read after returning home. Interesting book (even if I don't agree with everything Grossman said...)

Still can't figure out if the gent was pro or anti....

Rockrivr1
March 16, 2004, 01:22 PM
In the summer months I wear a TFL Molon Labe T shirt along with a shirt I picked up at a Machine Gun Shoot a few years ago.

I can't wear them to work, so I proudly display a 50 BMG round, 45 cal shrapnel and a NRA Charlton Heston picture thanking me for my years of faithful service.

Everyone I deal with at work knows I'm into guns.

jojosdad
March 16, 2004, 01:40 PM
Where can I get Oleg's stuff - shirts, posters, etc.?

modifiedbrowning
March 16, 2004, 01:43 PM
I have the NRA "The 2nd Amendment. America's original Homeland Security" hat, which I wear often. I also have a baseball hat from The Gun Trader in Reno, NV (where I bought my first gun.) Now, I am anxiously awaiting my Molon Labe hat. Also, I have NRA stickers on my car and snowboard.

Bridger
March 16, 2004, 02:35 PM
Right now I just have a "Peace Through Superior Firepower" tshirt from lifelibertyetc.com.

I'd like some of the other ones around, but I just don't like wearing white or charcoal shirts. When more of them come in black I'll be sure to stock up.

I go to school in New York City though. Nobody has said anything about that shirt. Come to think of it, nobody says anything, period, to me, when I wear that shirt :D

P95Carry
March 16, 2004, 02:36 PM
I have the NRA "The 2nd Amendment. America's original Homeland Security" hat I too wear mine quite a bit .... but it is a fairly discrete legend on it. As for t-shirts, no ..... I have become more ''lo-pro'' these days.

Much of that is being less keen to advertize that I might be carrying (which I do) ... and for similar reasons I have ceased having any ''gunny'' stickers etc on the truck. Pity because I would prefer to be ''in your face'' from an RKBA POV.

P95Carry
March 16, 2004, 02:38 PM
Near forgot ... a new member asked about where to get one .... dude (sorry didn't memorize your handle) .... be quick and go to this thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=70094)

Someone else asked re Oleg's stuff .. I am not sure, other than PM Oleg direct.

Dr. Nick
March 16, 2004, 03:03 PM
I like to wear my FN hat . It has the FN logo on the front and on the back it says "The world's finest machineguns" or something close to that. I also have a couple of FN t-shirts with pictures of their machineguns on them.

Rob

Standing Wolf
March 16, 2004, 03:07 PM
I wear T shirts under regular shirts and can't stand baseball caps. If firearms manufacturers I respect were to make outer shirts, I'd wear them, but the few I've seen were grossly overpriced. I have tea mugs from a few specialty manufacturers.

AZLibertarian
March 16, 2004, 10:35 PM
Well, I guess I'm one of the few here still mostly in the closet--gun-wise, that is. I have a NRA 2 Amendment hat that I wear at home while I'm working in the yard, and I just bought a IDPA shirt that I'll wear to either of two sorts of places: Somewhere where everybody is carrying/shooting (the range or a gun-show), or where nobody is likely to be interested in my choice of shirts.

Otherwise, as a CCW holder, I try to go very lo-pro. No hats, t-shirts, Royal Robbins, bumper stickers, fanny packs, photographer vests, etc. for me.

Speaking of lo-pro, here's a site that has a couple pieces of low profile, yet pro-gun apparel...
http://thewilderness.com/

Doc
March 16, 2004, 11:36 PM
i wear my Thunder Ranch Polo's and monogrammed sweatshirts, ALOT!

i was in line for security at airport and guy behind me sees the shirt
"Thunder Ranch? Hmmm, that must be fast cars or guns."

and just sunday on my way home from church, a guy motions for me to
roll down my window at a red light. "Have you been to Thunder Ranch?"

(i figure he must have read my license plate holder.) "Yep!"

"How did you like it?"
(how can you possibly answer that question as the light turns green?)

Ala Dan
March 17, 2004, 01:06 AM
Yes sir, I very proudly wear gun related hats and T-shirts;
with my favorite hat being from my favorite gun maker,

SIGARMS

I must admit, its a good looking hat and it draws a
lot of comments; mostly from the positive side! :cool: :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Skunkabilly
March 17, 2004, 12:20 PM
I don't wear anything that has writing on it.

Archie
March 17, 2004, 12:31 PM
doesn't like baseball caps or tee shirts as external wear.

I wear a uniform to work and often wear my GOA tee shirt underneath. I have an old "S&W" logo belt buckle and a "Colt" (script) buckle that I wear from time to time.

NRA and other organization lapel pins on my blazers/jackets.

5ptdeerhunter
March 17, 2004, 06:43 PM
I have worn my Molonlabe golf shirt to school a couple times, and I wear my Molonlabe hats everywhere, as a matter of fact I am going to wear my black one to my school's talent show tonight. Everyone asks but they never really listen to the answer.

Dr.Rob
March 17, 2004, 06:57 PM
I was lobbying like hell to get my music column published with me in a Tyranny Response Team t-shirt, the editor thought it was a pretty funny idea. (and he even knew what the TRT was.)

I bought a Kalshnikitty t-shirt for a wisp of a bass player who has since taken her music to Vancouver.

I still have a TFL staff shirt someplace, that usually raises a nod of recognition or two.

I once attended a "gun nut gathering" where I was REQUIRED to wear gun influenced bit of attire. I bought a denim shirt with a Colt logo. My GF at the time wore some really strange stretch pants printed with handguns, I think they were Moschino..

I once owned a Hawaiian shirt emblazoned with grenades instead of pineapples.. I have no idea who made it I got it at a thrift store.

And as a mis-guided punk rock youth I had a t-shirt eblazoned with the phrase "Front Towards Enemy".

But then I also wore a belt made of dummy rounds too. Hey, it was the 80's.

:rolleyes: :uhoh: :scrutiny:

MeekandMild
March 17, 2004, 07:55 PM
I would if I looked like Tamara. But looking like me, I usually wear dull solid colors. :rolleyes:

MrMurphy
March 17, 2004, 11:03 PM
I came up with my Sheepdog t-shirt and later Check Six,Inc. polo shirt ideas for the times when wearing a shirt proclaming "I'm ARMED! (Or highly likely to be)" is a bad thing, such as at work, or at school on an airplane. Those in the know, understand, those who aren't are completely clueless. Typical for the sheep.

http://home.swbell.net/o1ooo1o/sheepdog/sheepdog.htm if you all are interested. There's about 400 of them across the US now.

But I've worn my Peace Through Superior Firepower and HK shirts many times....... :)

Skunkabilly
March 18, 2004, 12:25 AM
I used to have an HK polo shirt but gave it to charity.

"What's HK?"

"It's a German engineering firm. They make industrial products. I'm a shareholder." :o

modifiedbrowning
March 18, 2004, 01:14 AM
I forgot my HK hat that has "HK No Compromise" on the front and an MP-5 on the back. I need to start wearing that one more.

Heraclitus
March 18, 2004, 08:49 AM
My Bratwear Bratari speaks for itself.

JohnBT
March 18, 2004, 11:47 AM
I wear my TFL hats and shirts from time to time and my Molon Labe hats, but recently, the few warm days we've had, I've mostly been wearing my new Cooper Arms tee shirt.

JT

Guy B. Meredith
March 20, 2004, 12:59 AM
I would really like people to begin seeing firearms as a recreational tool like a baseball bat rather than something sinister and related to fear and killing, whether SD or criminal. That is reflected in my gun related apparel.

Sometimes, though, I do wear one of the several polo shirts and T-shirts to get in some obnoxious individuals' faces. Some of my favorite attire where the liberals hang out or around crowds that have their egos wrapped up in some symbol of "in" or "power".

One of my favorites is the attached. I have worn it on the airlines pre 9-11-2001 and received favorable comment. Don't know what the policy is now.

A couple of others are at the following links:

www.outdoorsunlimited.net/~jhm-cmt/BB1.jpg
www.outdoorsunlimited.net/~jhm-cmt/BB2.jpg
www.outdoorsunlimited.net/~jhm-cmt/LowProfile.jpg

The first two must really cause antis and super liberals some consternation. The last is the low profile outfit.

artherd
March 20, 2004, 02:16 AM
Molon Labe hat.

I'd wear in-your-face stuff to the range or to friend's houses also into guns. But I'm a wussie and bring a jacket so I can cover up if need be.

Don't want to advertise what I've got sometimes.

Russ
March 20, 2004, 09:40 AM
I don't like advertising products on my clothes. I don't get paid so why should I pay money for a shirt or jacket that advertises someone's wares? Pay me and I will wear what ever they want.

I have seen some joke shirts I would wear. One was a Preparation H T shirt. Satire and very funny.

3screw357
March 20, 2004, 11:51 PM
In the past I've worn shirts with gun co. logos. Especially last semester in my poli sci class. I loved ticking off the prof. She didn't see the need for private ownership. Anyway walked in wearing a HK tshirt that said always on duty. A couple of the guys got the meaning, but the one that surprised me was a freshman, this girl was probably 18 or 19 and goes "I just love their UMP's" It's nice to see that some women have great taste.

If you enjoyed reading about "do/would you wear gun related apparel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!