What do to about customer service?

PDA

Demos
April 18, 2013, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I've been building an AR for about 7 months now and have been waiting on the barrel for 6 of them. I had ordered a RRA barrel, but after 5 months I started looking elsewhere and found a highly rated barrel maker with the exact barrel I wanted listed as in stock, so I called to place my order. They said I would have to mail them a check or money order, and because I wanted a crowned muzzle, not threaded since threaded would make it an "assault rifle," it wasn't in stock, but they would be making a batch of them the next week (this was a friday). I mailed the check and it was cashed a week later. So far so good, but things have been going downhill since.
After a week and a half since the check cashed and I didn't get a barrel, I called to see where it was and they said it would be mailed in the next two days, and it was. I got it a few days later and it had a threaded muzzle so I can't put it on my rifle, and the gas block didn't fit so I took my calipers to it and it was sized .750-.758. When I called them saying this wasn't what I had ordered, the gentleman started complaining to me about how people keep placing custom orders, calling to see where their order is, and something about how gas ports are allowed to be drilled in any of 6 locations and finishes his little rant by saying I can mail him my barrel back, but they might have to cut the threaded part off and re-crown it. This would then be leaving me with a barrel about 3/4" shorter than the 20" I paid $360 for (comes with a matched bolt), or I'm stuck waiting who knows how long to get a replacement.
I'm either stuck with a barrel I can't use, pay an additional $20 to have it mailed down and get something I didn't order back, or send it back and wait an unknown time for what I ordered. What would you do/ suggest I do?

Thanks,
Demos

If you enjoyed reading about "What do to about customer service?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOOfan_1
April 18, 2013, 05:06 PM
I'd call back and keep calling back complaining and keep asking to speak with someone else until you get what you paid for. Or else I would contact a lawyer.

Too bad you didn't pay with credit card...then you could have gotten you money back easily.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do to about customer service?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!