How does your significant other take gun buying?

PDA

Mr. Mysterious
March 16, 2004, 01:57 AM
Well...tonight is another night on the couch. She doesn't take buying of guns very well...thinks that it is a waste of money. Oh well...she didn't complain when I bought her a Louis Vutton purse and wallet.

If you enjoyed reading about "How does your significant other take gun buying?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kodiak AK
March 16, 2004, 03:28 AM
I like the couch . Our bed is kind of lumpy .:(

Usualy she reacts like this:rolleyes: . Sometimes it is like this:confused: . I only got:( once , but that was because I spent the money that she was planing on spending . She wasn't mad at me , she just missed spending the money is all . (I think it was for shoes or something.) Thankfully I have never gotten:banghead: ,:cuss: ,or:fire: .

RCL
March 16, 2004, 07:27 AM
My wife has gone to the gun shop, by herself, and bought me firearms for gifts (birthdays, Christmas , etc.) . Not a problem here.
And yes gentlemen, it should work both ways (I spend a lot of time in jewelery stores). ;) :D

gggman
March 16, 2004, 07:37 AM
None of the above. She rarely knows about it. They just mysteriously appear in the gun safe.:scrutiny:

RUT
March 16, 2004, 08:33 AM
Yes, as gggman stated above, I believe in the "don't ask.. don't tell" method. It makes life a lot easier!!

LynnMassGuy
March 16, 2004, 08:33 AM
My wife looks at it like this...at least they are not more guitars and amps because then it is $1000 to $2000 every time I buy one instead of $200 to $600!

WhoKnowsWho
March 16, 2004, 08:59 AM
I brought the Beretta Storm home...

"Oh thanks for getting it for me already! It's not even our anniversary yet!" :D

She said even if she didn't like guns, she would be glad I am spending it on something good, rather than drugs, prostitutes, excessive gambling, etc.

Mr. Mysterious, can't you kick her onto the couch for something she buys that is excessive and unnecessary? Like a purse... ick. Or shoes.

The lady at work asked why I have so many guns (my number answer now is less than I want but more than I need) and I asked her why she has so many shoes since she obviously isn't wearing all 20 pairs of her over $50 shoes. She shut up after that... :D

SapperLeader
March 16, 2004, 09:13 AM
I voted single, but the girl Im trying to go out with this weekend, wears a browning firearms hat, "Even though she doesnt own any of thier fine products" and I quote her exactly on that :).

Renegade
March 16, 2004, 10:39 AM
The way me and my 2nd wife have things, we have 3 checking accounts mine, hers and ours. Has long has I have the money she doesn't say a word. If she does gripe about my gun purchases, they fall on very deaf ears.

Later,

Dave

Rickstir
March 16, 2004, 10:43 AM
She actually tracked down the UPS man last Friday when I was trying to coordinate a trip to town and also pick up my new AK-47 from the FFL.

She just smiles and calls me spoiled. I love that woman.

shooter58
March 16, 2004, 10:45 AM
My wife took me to the gun shop this last Saturday and bought me two new pistols! Several years ago, I was wanting a Browning Belgian-made Auto 5 in the worse way. She took the time and effort to hunt one down, and bought one in primo condition for me for our anniversary. Need I say more? I've got a keeper.

OEF_VET
March 16, 2004, 10:46 AM
My better half (and I truly mean that), figures that since we're not married yet and I pay my bills, then it's my money to do with as I please. After we're married, it'll be similiar to Renegades' set-up - 3 checking accounts, mine, hers, ours - as long as the bills get paid, I can spend my way any way I like. When I told her I was getting ready to spend $3500 - 4000 on guns in the near future, all she said was "Whatever you get, can I shoot it?"

I love that woman! :D

Frank

Eskimo Jim
March 16, 2004, 10:50 AM
My wife doesn't mind me buying a new firearm from time to time as long as there is money in the budget for it. Typically I fill out the paperwork so she can browse the shop or show.

I'd have to say that we usually take turns buying a new firearm. We both pass what we buy back and forth to each other and we're on the same page as far as goals are concerned for our collection. We'd like a collection of firearms that can be used for hunting, protection and enjoyment. Also, we recognize if something is particularly collectible. Our collection is rather modest however it covers a good spectrum of options. We have a couple of rimfires, a couple centerfires, a couple collectibles and a couple shotguns.

One thing that we try to do is to make sure that a new addition enhances the collection and we try to plan a purchase rather than buy something on a whim. So far it has worked for both of us. Neither of us gets annoyed with the other for wasting money.

-Jim

Black92LX
March 16, 2004, 11:05 AM
well when she was my significant other i would get a look much like this:rolleyes: and a what do you need that for? she went shooting with me once but was never really interested.

But now that SHE is NOT my significant other she is excited for me to get my Sig for my birthday and she can't wait to go shooting with me:fire:

i just don't understand it. she asks me to take her shooting all the time now. but when we were dating and i asked her she never wanted to go. so i left the subject alone. but now she is all about it, she even wants to shoot my Saiga too.

Girls will we ever be able to understand these creatures:banghead:

Knives
March 16, 2004, 11:07 AM
I'm single, which is why I have the money to buy guns. ;)

Billmanweh
March 16, 2004, 11:08 AM
the conversation with my girlfriend usually goes like this;

me - "the other day I saw this 1911 that I'm really thinking about getting"

her - "how much is it?"

me - "a thousand dollars, but it's a good deal"

her - "well, why don't you buy it?"

:uhoh:

AJ Dual
March 16, 2004, 11:17 AM
Hmmm...

No real category for me to pick in that poll.

I guess it's a combination of the first and second options. There's been a few purchases when she did know about them. Two guns were birthday presents from her, knowingly paid out of our funds. A Kel-Tec SUB-9 about five years ago. And a Remington 870 two years ago, so I could participate in our company's informal trap leauge without having to rent. Others have been with money when I sold a gun to buy another, and that's "off the books", and only fair.

About a third of my collection was purchased before we were married. In dollars, that third is about half the value of my collection.

The rest is on the "don't ask don't tell basis". I'm sort of stuck in that category as I've no real leverage over her as she has no major collections or hobbies that compare, at least financially to my gun collection. We haven't got the money for his-n-her checking accounts. Her hobby is community theater, and the only major expense there is her time. But since she's gone to the theater for rehearsals so much, I wind up doing the lion's share of the housework, plus remodeling I've been doing for the past few years. So I "pay" myself with a constant slow skim of our pocket money into the "gun envelope", and I've magnanimously produced that stash, setting myself back to zero, on occasion when there's been emergencies we weren't planning on.

So I feel pretty justified in what I do buy. She'd be miffed about the "don't ask don't tell" firearms, if she knew how much, or when they were bought, but I've earned them.

sturmruger
March 16, 2004, 11:17 AM
My wife and I both have full time jobs during the week and a part time job working every couple of weekends. The PT job is extra money that tends to get spend on shoes, clothes, and in my case guns. Luckily we both make enough in our jobs that we are able to put money in savings and pay all the bills. This weekend there is a great gun show in St Paul that I am planning on attending. Luckily this weekend I have a pretty good budget. I might just pick up two guns!!!

We do have an ongoing debate on what is more of a "waste of money" guns or clothes. Granted debating what is a waste is pretty subjective, but her contention is that her $60 sweater is more useful because she can wear it all the time. My argument is that if we had a garge sale and wanted to sell her sweaters she would at the most get $5 a piece. If I were to have a gun sale I would probably get 90% of what I have in to my collection. The sad part is that she has probably more money invested in her closet then I do in my collection!! I must say that since we got married she had turned into quite the bargain shopper. She doesn't buy very many $60 sweaters anymore; she waits until they are in the 75% off rack. I wish you could find guns on the 75% off rack.

M2 Carbine
March 16, 2004, 11:20 AM
Years ago when I was laid off and money was real tight my wife talked me into buying an M1 Garand that I had wanted.

Wonderful woman.

Mr. Mysterious
March 16, 2004, 12:09 PM
I went 4+ years of not buying guns...wanting them, but not having the means to buy them. I finally am able to, and have spent ~1000 on 3 of them since January. Coincidently my drill pay (National Guard) was messed up and I just got paid about 1000. She hates the Army, so no sense I allow that hated money go into our pool. The pool always has enough for all the bills and she is just blowing a big stink. I'm not compromising...and I'll be cleaning my guns in front of her tonight after I throw some lead downrange today.

Her dad has a big collection...I hope that she complains to him. We all know what his answer will be ;)

foghornl
March 16, 2004, 12:10 PM
Mrs. Foggy doesn't shoot, but she does buy me a new firearm every so often.....Last one was the Ruger 50th Year Single Six.

Bruce H
March 16, 2004, 12:12 PM
We always look together. If something strikes our fancy and funds are available get it. Both of us can use it. I kind of wanted a Quigley style Sharps. Bought a Pedersoli replica with a 32 inch barrel. Thirteen some pounds. I like it but Ginny isn't thrilled with the weight. Still shoots it tho:D . She bought a 700 Remington titanium in 260. There is something about a fully loaded rifle with scope weighing 6 and a hair pounds that is great. I shoot it too:D . We have fun.

HiWayMan
March 16, 2004, 12:21 PM
I had to get sneaky. I simply had to tell her about the gun fairy. If you put a bullet under your pillow at night and pray really hard then the gun fairy will visit you. Sometimes you have to go out and buy ammo for a gun you don't have yet but it works. Try it.

If she gets wise though you now have a gun and a single bullet in the bed with you. Guess who she'll use it on.

OEF_VET
March 16, 2004, 12:25 PM
[short thread hijack]

Black92LX,

I doubt she just all of a sudden decided she wants to go shooting for shootings' sake. There's probably some underlying reason. If you broke it off, maybe she thinks showing interest in your hobby is a way to win you back. If she broke it off, maybe she has decided she screwed up and is doing whatever it takes to be around you without openly admitting she made a mistake. Of course, she could also just enjoy your company without the emotional ties that dating involves, and she figures this is a way to still be friends with you and spend tme with a friend. Or I could be totally off-base on a subject I'm not privy to the details about, and she has decided she likes guns, like a bolt of lightning out of the blue and it has nothing to do with your recently ended relationship.

Just some thoughts from a guy who's been around the block many, many times.

Frank

[You are now returned to your regularly scheduled thread.]

Nightfa11
March 16, 2004, 12:29 PM
My wife went with me to pick out our Sig. However, when she shot it for the first time, it made her flinch and she didn't like the recoil (.40 S&W).

We've decided that she needs to pick out a gun for her :D. I am leaning toward a taurus .38 or .357 BUG type revolver (probably ported if it's a .357), but she wants an auto. We may end up with a 9mm of some sort. Neither of us like Glocks, so who knows what it will be. We both know it needs to be cheap, though.

Gee, I get to pick out another gun.

Darn!

TarpleyG
March 16, 2004, 12:33 PM
Let me tell you something about MY wife. She won't hardly buy anything for herself so when I got my bonus check last month, I made her go buy that Coach purse she has been eyeballing since we got married. She also wanted a new set of sheets (I benefit there too) so I went with her to pick them out. She only got upset once about it and that was because I didn't tell her I bought it. Everything after that we have discussed. Sometimes I have to sell off other stuff to make up for it but for the most part I get what I need.

GT

RightIsRight
March 16, 2004, 12:52 PM
When I first started my collection last year, the wife gave me a raised eyebrow when I told her the cost of my new USP.

I then asked her how much her $150 shoes would be worth in a year.

Never a comment on gun cost again. :D

Viking6
March 16, 2004, 01:06 PM
My wife isn't crazy about, mostly because she thinks I don't use them. I don't get to the range often (it's less than a mile and a half from the house) and she thinks (rightly) they mostly stay in the locker. The last gun I bought came out on the MasterCard bill when she was paying bills and she just shook her head.

G1FAL
March 16, 2004, 03:20 PM
If my wife knows there is something I want, she tells me to buy it, even if money is really tight. I wont, because I prefer to pay the bills first, and then make sure she has things she needs. When money isnt so tight, I get things I want but try to always get her something, too. And she's pointed out a rifle and pistol she wanted, and I bought them for her.

I've got an envelope for gun money, too, and have dipped into there before to ensure that we got the bills paid and had $ to put gas in the wifes car so she could get back and forth to work for the week.

lee n. field
March 16, 2004, 03:27 PM
None of the above. She rarely knows about it. They just mysteriously appear in the gun safe.

he he. Ditto.

Guns_and_Labs
March 16, 2004, 03:36 PM
Don't ask, don't tell...and change the safe combo every now and then. Works for me (so far).

P95Carry
March 16, 2004, 03:48 PM
My wife is just the best. I have gotten her out shooting and we are due to repeat some practice for her. She is well capable now with my (HER? :p ) .357 house gun. I am working on pursuading her to go get her CCW too, even if she does not elect to carry 16/7 as I do.

As far as she is concerned, my ''indulgences'' are not too important as long as we are ''heads above water'' financially. Now and again she sees in the safe when it's open but ... I doubt she would have a clue what was there last time - compared to what is there now! It just always looks full! :D

Standing Wolf
March 16, 2004, 04:05 PM
I've been divorced since 1980, so squabbling over money spent on firearms hasn't been an issue in nearly a quarter-century. If I were to settle down and get married again, we'd have separate funds and fewer arguments.

Dave R
March 16, 2004, 04:53 PM
None of the options accurately describe my SO. She has little interest in shooting, herself. But she supports my habit. We agree on purchases. She adds input where she can. She shoots once in a while just so she "knows how they work." And I think she takes pride in my shooting skills.

So I guess that's in between "doesn't care as long as the money's there" and "is in the gunshop seering me towards guns she likes."

Gus Dddysgrl
March 16, 2004, 05:03 PM
Jon watches too much CSI and Law and Order SVU. So he is very excited I carry. He would hate it if something were to happen to me and I couldn't defend myself. He would like to defend me, but isn't always there. He is happy I do, and would be interested in getting his CCW soon too.

I only have one and both of us would like another, but both of us know rent needs paid first. Also we want a Chevy Silverado, but that probably won't happen. As long as bills are paid we would like to get more.

Someday I want to buy him a Ruger 22 like my dad has cause Jon LOVES to shoot it and would like one.

Wouldn't he be surprised if I got him that? heehee. Can't wait till I have the money to that.

Majic
March 16, 2004, 05:45 PM
Mine loves to go gun shopping. She even likes to see what I find on the internet. My biggest problem is trying to pry her fingers off whatever I buy. It seems if you open the safe you will find her guns and my receipts. I do get to shoot the ones which don't fit her very well.

RED-DOG 40
March 16, 2004, 06:28 PM
When there was "one", it was , shall I say ;NOT PLEASANT ! Need I say more? I am happy now. :neener: :neener: :neener:

tc300mag1
March 16, 2004, 06:47 PM
we split the bils and rest is my money her money deal

QuarterBoreGunner
March 16, 2004, 07:13 PM
heh... just check my sig.

Well actually...

The QuarterWife and I have a excellent system; I buy guns, she buys shoes. Here’s how it goes- for every firearm I purchase she gets the similar dollar amount in shoes. Sometimes she gets some really nice shoes (just who is this Jimmy Choo guy anyway?) and sometimes she gets Keds.

It’s sort of funny; we’ll have very comparable conversations trying to convince the other (when we’re really trying to convince ourselves).

Scene 1 Act 1
QuarterBore: ‘Ooooh look! A NIB K-frame .357!’
QuarterWife: ‘Don’t you already have one of those?’
QuarterBore: ‘Yeah but this one is a 3”! (Or pinned and recessed, or square-butt, or…you get the picture.)

Scene 2 Act 1
QuarterWife: ‘Oooooh look! Pretty black shoes!’
QuarterBore: ‘Don’t you already have a pair of black shoes?’
QuarterWife: ‘Yes, but these are 4” heels! (Or flats, or pumps, or patent leather… see what I’m saying?)

It’s all about the give and take. And what I can get away with.

m.i.sanders
March 16, 2004, 08:27 PM
The wife tends to not mind as much since I've gotten my C&R, mostly because the indvidual cost is lower. Of course I've increased the frequency that I purchase 'new' toys :evil:

dairycreek
March 16, 2004, 08:47 PM
and she has never said a word about my gun addiction. I know for a fact that she does not like guns at all. As a nurse she has been involved with more than her share of gun shot wounds up close and personal. She has seen first hand just what a gun can do to a human and this has made her very "anti" gun. Not in the political sense but she just does not like guns. God bless her she has never let that get in the way of my liking/buying guns. Of course I take great care not to shove them in her nose. It has worked out. Good shooting;)

PATH
March 16, 2004, 09:02 PM
Sometimes I get grief but then again I usually don't get caught bringing them in the house. She is getting better though!:D

Dorrin79
March 17, 2004, 01:25 PM
I generally get :rolleyes: as a response.

My wife doesn't mind that I'm into guns, she just doesn't understand why they're so interesting to me.

As long as I don't spend money we had set aside for something else on them, she couldn't care less.

:rolleyes:

BobHAJ
March 17, 2004, 03:28 PM
I let he have what ever she wants, cause she'll never catch up and she knows it.

It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Chuck Jennings
March 17, 2004, 04:10 PM
My wife hadn't shot before we got married. Even though she was surrounded by guns in her family she had only once shot a muzzleloader. She grew up on a couple hundred acres where family would regularly hunt. Additionally, she has an uncle with a gunshop and a 500yd rifle range in his backyard. But they never put a gun in her hand!! She was never turned off to the idea of guns but she wasn’t enthusiastic either. As far as she was concerned, guns are something you were supposed to have in the house “just in case”.

Well, fast-forward a couple years, a number of training classes later, and after becoming an EXCELLENT shot with her favorite guns, (A Colt Python and a SA Mil-Spec) she is a certifiable gun nut. After reading Unintended Consequenses, she said to me, “I want lots of guns!” Now, she expectantly asks, “what gun are we going to get next?” whenever we get some extra money due to a work bonus or tax return.

If her eyes light up because of a specific gun, I forget about whatever I was thinking of getting, and encourage her gun habit! Inevitably, it was a gun on my “list” anyway. :D

1911WB
March 18, 2004, 10:43 AM
Over our 25 years together my wife has been really good about it. However, I'm the kind who would rather take his lumps up front if there are lumps to be taken! My wife is also very supportive of 2nd Amendment rights. :)

MeekandMild
March 18, 2004, 11:15 AM
Biggest problem with Mrs. Meek is she thinks chrome plating, the Kel Tec pastel color range and other new age design factors are 'cute'. So if you see me at the range with a stainless steel zebra striped green stocked rifle you will know the story and won't have to embarrass me by asking. :uhoh:

Luckily she doesn't like bullpups nor black rifles. :D

mcneill
March 18, 2004, 11:36 AM
Used to, when I came in with a new gun she would say, "Don't you have enough guns?" My response was always, "Not yet." Now she just :rolleyes:

Jim

Heraclitus
March 18, 2004, 11:47 AM
Now listen, you... I am the boss in my house!... :mad:

with my wife's permission. :(

Chairman
March 18, 2004, 11:55 AM
I'm in the same boat as RCL (he's got one of the first posts in this thread)--I buy my guns, but she gets her jewelry. I don't suppose we'll ever understand the other's fascination (why are little sparkly rocks so enticing?), but at least my gun habit is tolerated.

Cacique500
March 18, 2004, 01:53 PM
I have a foolproof method...as long as its a full size gov't model in stainless steel I could have 100 of them laying all over the house and she'd never notice since they all look the same.

Now bring home a blued full size gov't model and it could be a problem. ;)

Buying the first model type is the tricky part...I too get the :rolleyes: - after that you can get as many as you want of the same type (i.e. SKS) because they all look the same to her

jefmad
March 18, 2004, 02:22 PM
You forgot the "what she dosen't know won't hurt me" catagory in your poll.

birddog
March 18, 2004, 02:23 PM
especially when it's for her.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=877704

Shanghai McCoy
March 18, 2004, 08:00 PM
My wife had never shot a gun before we were married.Since then she has gotten her NRA pistol Instructor cert.,taught CCW when we lived in OK,gotten deer with both muzzleloader and 270,well,you get the picture...
I could'nt afford another divorce so I taught her how to shoot.:)

sharpie613
March 18, 2004, 08:24 PM
Where do you guys meet these women? I'm lucky if i can find one that's both indifferent enough to tolerate it and personable enough so that I can be around her.

clubsoda22
March 18, 2004, 08:27 PM
My current significant other is manufactured by H&K.

Hope that answers your question.

P95Carry
March 18, 2004, 08:39 PM
My current significant other is manufactured by H&K. ''H&K.'' ...... ''Hug and Kiss Inc'' I believe! :D

:neener:

MeekandMild
March 18, 2004, 09:22 PM
Sharpie613, you might try Texas.

Zach S
March 18, 2004, 10:00 PM
I'm single. Most of the girls I've dated didnt like it to the point where the relationship didn't last long as a result.

Majic
March 18, 2004, 11:21 PM
Where do you guys meet these women?
Hey it's like fishing. You keep tossing the others back till you find a keeper. :D

redhead
March 18, 2004, 11:31 PM
Works out pretty well for us. Sometimes my husband will hear of a revolver he thinks I'll like, and steers me toward it. I bought him a K98 for Christmas, he bought me a S & W .41 revolver. Works out OK.

But, just to be on the safe side, he bought me a diamond necklace for Valentine's day. That worked out OK, too.

:D

TrapperReady
March 19, 2004, 12:20 AM
Most of the time, I'll tell her if I intend to buy something... and then show it to her when I bring it home. Sometimes, if I find an especially good deal, I'll just get it and bring it back.

Either way, it's fine with her. The only caveat is that once in a great while, she'll really like something I've brought home, and she will then claim it for her own. That's always cool with me.

It's all good!

gggman
March 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
My wife can't tell the difference between a Ruger MKII and an HK USP45. They all look alike to her.:rolleyes:

Ed
March 19, 2004, 11:02 AM
Ok I have different strategies:

1. I don't tell her.

2. I buy guns that look similar, like More than 1 Garand.

3. I buy more than one of the same kind like C&R stuff, pick one I like and sell the rest. That way I can say "I sold 3 and used the money to buy this one" That adds another to the list of guns that I can get more of.

4. I use MY money from lunches I skip etc so none of it is "family money"

5. I ask for things like a AR15 bolt for my birthday, then when My parents get it for me I can say " Well its useless like this, and I know they would want me to use their present"

Mainly now its a don't ask , dont tell thing.

sturmruger
March 19, 2004, 11:11 AM
gggman I laughed so hard when I read you reply. My poor wife can't tell the differance between any of my guns.

She always says "They just all look alike, why do you need so many?" It doesn't help that I have allot of multiples of the same gun.

Coronach
March 19, 2004, 12:42 PM
Easy enough. We have My Money, Her Money, and Our Money. We agree ahead of time how to divvy it up (this is called 'budgeting' ;) ), and obviously the vaaaaaaaast majority of it goes to Our Money. But anything I want for me I buy with My Money. If she wants another purse? Her Money.

The rule is that I can't scoff at her purchases, and she can't scoff at mine. This works a lot better than deception, fellas. ;)

Mike

Rockrivr1
March 19, 2004, 01:44 PM
I'm divorced and have grown accustomed to buying a gun when I have the money for it. Over the last 6 months though my relationship with my girlfriend has gotten pretty serious. She's even moved in with me. It's great and all, but yesterday I brought home my new M1A happy as a clam. Happy that is until the live in girlfriend saw it. She didn't say anything bad per say, but I could tell by the look of her that she wasn't happy about it.

I know what she was thinking. "He spent all that money on a gun instead of an engagement ring"! Little does she know, I already have the money saved for the ring.

Hummmm, I'm not sure if this is an indication of future gun purchases or not. :confused:

This could be a bad thing!

Mr. Mysterious
March 19, 2004, 06:11 PM
I know what she was thinking. "He spent all that money on a gun instead of an engagement ring"! Little does she know, I already have the money saved for the ring.

God I know that feeling.

Majic
March 19, 2004, 07:21 PM
I know what she was thinking. "He spent all that money on a gun instead of an engagement ring"!
We call that counting the chickens before the eggs hatch. If she thinks like that you best be careful.

Abominable No-Man
March 19, 2004, 09:04 PM
For the most part, my wife doesn't care what I get. She likes guns and shooting all right, but isn't really what you would term a "gunny" (though, Lord knows she should be around me....:D )

As long as the bills get paid and everything, having guns around is okay with her. She did pick up a Marlin Model 60 .22 recently, all by herself and with no prodding from me. Guess we just have different tastes in guns. She has fired just about everything I have (including the .30-06, which she shoots very well with, and she is only about 5'2"), and she has an El Cheapo .22 pistol to have around the house when I'm gone, (guess she's a confirmed .22 shooter), but she doesn't get into guns like I do.

ANM

7.62FullMetalJacket
March 19, 2004, 10:13 PM
Like others have said, the more you have, the easier it is to "sneak" them in.

I have received the "don't you have enough" :rolleyes:

Now its "Don't ask, don't tell" :uhoh:

Mrs. 7.62, if you read this, I HAVE NOT bought any since the last one :scrutiny:

Amegatek
March 20, 2004, 01:51 AM
My wife and I had a discussion like this today. She said, "I don't care what you buy, as long as the bills are being paid." Seems to be a popular response on this thread. :)

Spieler
March 20, 2004, 09:01 AM
My wife is pretty cool when it comes to me buying a new firearm or two. She knows that I am a reasonable and responsible husband and father and wouldn't spend money that we don't have on guns. ;)

P95Carry
March 20, 2004, 03:31 PM
Posting again .. cos - it don't get much better than this!!

Small gun show this morning ..... Mrs P95 decided she wanted come ... great. Pleasant drive and initially when we got there she left me to browse whilst she looked around at other things. I picked some very inexpensive padded and zippered pistol covers and a lightweight 1911 trigger and we then went out to truck for a smoke.

I had been back a coupla times to drool over a M27-2 8 3/8" but trying to convince myself I didn't ''need'' it. Mentioned it to her and she said ''why not get it if you like it''!

Went back in and took a good look and checked it out - it's good ... and she was very admiring of it. So? - yeah .... it came home with us!:rolleyes: :p

Write-up here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=72219)

eXe
March 20, 2004, 04:02 PM
My wife doesn't really mind the guns, its the ammo, accessories and magazines that go WITH them that scare her LOL..

She knows me too well, if I buy a new gun, that means 1000 rounds of ammo for it, about 10 mags, and any accessory that goes with the new gun :)

All and all she is pretty good about it.

Zeke Menuar
March 20, 2004, 05:14 PM
My wife goes to gun shows with me.

She offers her opinions on what to get.

She has bought me two of my four C&R milsurps.

She puts all of her spare change into my coffee can slush fund under the reloading bench.
She doesn't mind me using the sink for cleaning the primordial gun ooze off old guns.
She doesn't complain about the card table in the living room with an SKS torn apart on it.
She doesn't gripe about the smell of gun solvent, tung oil and easy-off.

This one is a keeper

ZM

Barbara
March 20, 2004, 08:49 PM
Personally, I find it's just easier to buy my own jewelry *and* firearms.

Kim
March 20, 2004, 11:59 PM
When I was a young chick I liked flowers,fancy stones and perfume. Now being a little older and wiser I find those things to be a waste of good money. I'd rather have big girl toys. Guns, Ammo, John Deer lawn tractor, property etc. Now if I could just find a significant other.;)

P95Carry
March 21, 2004, 12:04 AM
Now if I could just find a significant other Kim, with credentials like yours .. I'd all but guarantee that out of the THR male membership - there would have to be a match made in heaven!!!:)

Elarski
March 21, 2004, 05:34 AM
My wife is cool about firearms purchases, and I'm cool with her buying Jewelry, Shoes, etc., etc., etc.. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "How does your significant other take gun buying?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!