.45 acp reload 250 gr and .38 spl

PDA

Valeriojosh
April 19, 2013, 09:29 AM
I use bullseye powder.

Can I get some data for a .45 acp
250 grain lrnfp
I ask, I would have never paid for 250 gr but I got 2000 rounds for free and I heat to melt them down.

Also I have some exploding bullets for.38 spl, has anyone ever reloaded them before?

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 acp reload 250 gr and .38 spl" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Valeriojosh
April 19, 2013, 09:31 AM
Sorry about the misspelling my ipad is all screwy today

Bovice
April 19, 2013, 10:45 AM
This should be in the reloading section of THR.

Hodgdon's website ought to have some data for 250 grain lead. Are you sure these bullets are for 45 auto? That weight is typical of 45 colt and the diameters are not quite the same.

For the 38s... exploding bullets? If you mean frangible, there's data. If they are actually containing explosive material, you probably shouldn't be posting about it.

Gato MontÚs
April 19, 2013, 01:01 PM
Yeeeaaah, don't hurt yourself.

john wall
April 19, 2013, 02:05 PM
What type of gun are you shooting? 1911's are not made to throw that much freight. They were designed to shoot a 200 gr bullet at 900 fps. The GOVT', in its wisdom, told John Browning they knew better than he. :banghead:

You will need to load them to about 725 fps MAX.

Loading data I have shows a start charge of 4.3 gr Bullseye, MAX 4.5. I would NOT load the max charge at all! I think I would load some with 4 gr.

This will likely give all you need. I would not shoot these in a 1911 with a pinned rear sight, such as older Gold Cups. Make SURE your recoil spring is fresh and NOT a reduced power spring.

I loaded a batch of 250 grainers years ago. They KICKED.

Forget the exploding bullets in the 38 if they contain any propellant or explosive charge, even mercury.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 acp reload 250 gr and .38 spl" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!