586 Fixed!

PDA

osteodoc08
April 19, 2013, 02:34 PM
Many of you may recall my issues with a new production 586. I had light primer strikes, extraction issues, finish issues and 2 screws that looked like a monkey with a Phillips head screw driver put them on. I called Smith and got a return label. I shipped it off with a note stating my issues. In about 2 weeks my FedEx guy rings the doorbell and its back. They replaced the cylinder, ejection rod and star, replaced the firing pin, replaced screws and refinished the entire gun. It looks magnificent. Smith has completely redeemed themselves and I completely give 2 thumbs up for their work and turn around. I have to admit, I definitely "jumped the gun" and should have been a little more patient. Can't wait to get out to see how she shoots. Thank you Smith for top notch CS.

If you enjoyed reading about "586 Fixed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
April 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
I just love a happy ending...

(we all told you S&W would make it right and do it quickly)

bergmen
April 19, 2013, 05:09 PM
They do have excellent CS. I've only used them once but they were quick and completely solved the problem. They are experts at this.

Dan

rondog
April 19, 2013, 05:36 PM
Nice to hear of integrity from a manufacturer! Many others would have told you to get bent, if they even answered the phone.

If you enjoyed reading about "586 Fixed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!