Recipe for .40 + WSF + Win. magnum primers

PDA

BillBloggins
April 19, 2013, 04:18 PM
Using what I have to in these times of shortages, do any of you have recommendation for the ingredients .40 + WSF + Winchester magnum primers + 180 gr lead FP. Just shooting paper at 50 feet, all I need is a mid-level load.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recipe for .40 + WSF + Win. magnum primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
April 19, 2013, 05:42 PM
Then just pick a mid-level load out of a load manual and use mag primers.
Start at the start load and work up to where you want to end up.

It won't make a lick of difference until you approach the MAX load level.

rc

gamestalker
April 19, 2013, 05:43 PM
I easily found data for 180 gr for lead, plated, and jacketed with WSF, but nothing with magnum primers. Go to some manufacturer reloading pages, Hogdon is one, and see what you can find for a starting charge and work up from there. Loads I found in my books, and on line range from 5.4 grs. to 6.2 grs. .
If it were me, I would probably start around 5.2 grs. since you are using magnum primers, and then work up from there.

GS

If you enjoyed reading about "Recipe for .40 + WSF + Win. magnum primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!