[Film] Harris vs Atlas Bipod

PDA

PATHfilmsnz
April 20, 2013, 08:55 PM
Here's a short film comparing these 2 bipod designs, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-WkipfKzo

If you enjoyed reading about "[Film] Harris vs Atlas Bipod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
April 21, 2013, 09:59 PM
pretty nice review, and using that model of the harris, I can see how you would come to that conclusion. even so both are nice products

there is still a ton of room for improvement in the bipod world, but the reason i continue to use the harris, is because it is easier to adjust the legs for height, which is what i need to do most of the time. however, i'm using a different model which has springs that extend the legs instead of retract. so basically, if i find i need more height, i lift the rifle to where i want it, and then just press the button on the leg and the spring pushes it down until it hits the ground. i also use the notched legs so it is automatically locked in place and you don't have to turn that friction dial. if i want to retract the legs, i just push the button again and let the weight of the rifle push them in. the atlas legs seem easy but it is slightly more annoying when you're prone behind the gun.

i really do wish the harris had a pan feature.

the atlas is a clear favorite on an AR15 with quad rail due to the ease of mounting. the harris needs the larue QD base.

Walkalong
April 21, 2013, 10:46 PM
I recently put an Atlas on my FN SPR. I mounted a rail on the rifle using the two threaded inserts for swivels. So far I really like it. I would like to see a tighter fit between the leg extension and the housing.

If you enjoyed reading about "[Film] Harris vs Atlas Bipod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!