Savage Axis Trigger Adjustment...

PDA

2dswamp
April 21, 2013, 09:37 AM
I've got a Savage Axis in .223 with an awful trigger. Pull weight is averaging 7lbs.

Is this trigger adjustable? If not, any recommendations on a replacement that won't break the bank?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Axis Trigger Adjustment..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunnysmith
April 21, 2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3GvLTi2CCA

2dswamp
April 22, 2013, 08:11 AM
Gunnysmith...thanks. Very helpful!

243winxb
April 23, 2013, 08:51 AM
The utube guy doesn't have anything to test the pull weight. Not good IMO.

2dswamp
April 28, 2013, 03:13 PM
I wondered about that. Adjusting trigger pull weights w/o a trigger pull weight scale?

Anyway...I do have one :)

gunnysmith
April 28, 2013, 07:14 PM
A gallon of water weighs 8.337915 to 8.309104 lb.gal
Fill a gallon plastic milk jug with a calculated amount of water add water slowly to the jug
trigger fires weapon, empty chamber of course, measure volume of water walla trigger pull weight.
What do you think we did before all these fancy new gadgets. We used what we learned in school and applied it to the task at hand.

We're not building a Swiss watch here, this will get you within 3 to 4 OZ of the true weight

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Axis Trigger Adjustment..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!