Are threads/posts auto-pruned?

PDA

TheSaint
April 22, 2013, 05:44 AM
I was noticing that the thread/post counts on the index page are quite a bit higher than the actual forum sub-sections themselves. After a while, are our posts/threads auto-pruned? The reason why I ask is because sometimes I like to reference old threads for data, URL's, suggestions etc and I'll check my email subscriptions under the control panel. Are those going to vanish on me at some point, or am I missing something? Thanks as always!

If you enjoyed reading about "Are threads/posts auto-pruned?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
April 22, 2013, 08:00 AM
In your user control panel there is a setting to select how long older threads remain visible in the forums. That only affects how many threads you'll see when you look at a forum, it doesn't actually delete them from the database, or remove them from your subscribed threads list. If something new gets posted in an older thread, it will reappear in the forum. If you click on your subscribed threads list, all your subscribed threads will be there.

TheSaint
April 22, 2013, 08:40 AM
Thank you for the excellent clarification. All is well. :)

Sam1911
April 22, 2013, 08:56 AM
Great!

(Also should add, if you do a forum search, you'll see threads on that topic running back to the early 2000s.)

Derek Zeanah
April 22, 2013, 10:20 AM
Yep. By default it's 30 days if I remember correctly. I set mine to "from the beginning of time" or comparable.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are threads/posts auto-pruned?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!