Nickel Boron Carrier for AR-15

PDA

mcdaniel52761
April 22, 2013, 03:45 PM
The Armory Channel on YouTube rebuilt an AR-15 and one of the parts was a one piece nickel boron carrier where the gas key wasn't screwed in. It sounds like he says Xo but I'm guessing it's EXO from Failzero. I checked their website but they were all two piece from what I could tell. Does anyone have an idea of what it would be? Here's a like to the video and the carrier part starts at about 11:50 into it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwuU8RdpHAw. Thanks for the help :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Nickel Boron Carrier for AR-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sapper771
April 22, 2013, 04:34 PM
I heard him say EXO. It looks to be EXO coated (dull gray). It appears to be a one piece bolt carrier (where the gas key is milled as part of the bolt carrier.). I know my old CMMG piston rifle had a one piece bolt carrier and my LWRC SPR has a one piece as well. Maybe you could purchase one from CMMG then send it to FailZero to be coated.

Hope that helps.

TrickyDick
April 23, 2013, 10:58 PM
When pete rebuilt that rifle, he also converted it to be gas piston operated. the BCG has a special 'flat faced' key for the short stroke piston. which is why it is one piece.

TrickyDick
April 23, 2013, 10:59 PM
I believed he used the Osprey gas piston kit.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nickel Boron Carrier for AR-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!