Cool looking AR lower -sharps brothers hellbreaker

PDA

GWARGHOUL
April 22, 2013, 10:38 PM
Anybody have any experience with the brand?

Very cool looking lowers. I want to build an AR-10 with one.

Inspired by a P40 aircraft.

Check em out if you have not already done so. For those of you who have, please tell me about them.
http://sharpsbros.com/

http://sharpsbros.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "Cool looking AR lower -sharps brothers hellbreaker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robert
April 22, 2013, 10:46 PM
Cool looking but too much $$$$ for me.

InkEd
April 22, 2013, 10:53 PM
That's pretty darn cool. I am surprised there aren't more things like it. $300 for the amount of time it costs to make it isn't too bad. I would like them to come out with some other designs. They could really carve out a niche for themselves. (I would dig a gargoyle looking one.)

taliv
April 22, 2013, 11:05 PM
it's pretty much the seekins lower, with teeth :)

bannockburn
April 23, 2013, 06:20 AM
Definitely different looking but a bit up there in price for my budget.

45_auto
April 23, 2013, 07:00 AM
Pretty hideous to me. Even if they're cheaper than a standard lower I won't be getting one any time soon.

M-Cameron
April 23, 2013, 08:09 AM
Haha, charging $300 for a lower that should cost no more than any other lower to produce....... Yeah, I think I'll pass.

Beentown
April 23, 2013, 08:34 AM
Haha, charging $300 for a lower that should cost no more than any other lower to produce....... Yeah, I think I'll pass.

It should cost more for the idea and machine time if billet. I still wouldn't pay it.

oldpapps
April 23, 2013, 08:45 AM
Sharp looking lower with the teeth.

To me 'AR-10' equates to 52MM case length (7.62/.308 or .243...). The lower referred to is not long enough for a 52MM case length. It/they are AR-15 lowers.

With the absence of anything that has anything to do with a 'scary looking gun', maybe the steep pricing is one way to maintain stock.

Still look neat :)

madcratebuilder
April 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
Just a variation of the Seekins lower that's been around for some time now. I'd spend the money on ammo myself.

bri
April 23, 2013, 08:59 PM
Not my cup of tea. I'm sure guys on arfcom are color-filling as we speak...

TheSaint
April 23, 2013, 09:07 PM
Not my thing either. Give me one that looked like the Statue of Liberty and then we're talking. Let freedom ring. :)

RyeDaddy
April 24, 2013, 02:24 AM
That is really cool. Trying to decide if it's cooler than the Umbrella Corp lowers...

Davek1977
April 24, 2013, 05:20 AM
no interest here...too much added $ for absolutely NO gain in performance of any kind

TheSaint
April 24, 2013, 05:25 AM
As a Resident Evil fan, I'd love one of those Umbrella setups, but that's only if I strike it rich. I wouldn't actually shoot that gun, it would stay behind a glass case. :)

beatledog7
April 24, 2013, 06:22 AM
We put a mouth full of sharp teeth, or a skull, or some other sort of menacing-looking engravings or moldings on a gun, then wonder why people think we're dangerous?

To each his own, I suppose.

GWARGHOUL
April 24, 2013, 10:19 AM
"We put a mouth full of sharp teeth, or a skull, or some other sort of menacing-looking engravings or moldings on a gun, then wonder why people think we're dangerous?"

I really hope the majority of society is not this judgemental about tatoos and piercings.

45_auto
April 24, 2013, 10:33 AM
I really hope the majority of society is not this judgemental about tatoos and piercings.

Are you serious? You don't believe that the majority of people judge you by how you look?

http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/16173380/reload=2;jsessionid=pxpXfbBjZqcu4xqkn4f2.16

Effect of tattoos on perceptions of credibility and attractiveness.

This study examined the effects of tattooing on perception of a male's and a female's credibility and attractiveness. 74 undergraduates viewed a photograph of a tattooed or nontattooed male or female model and then rated dimensions of the models' credibility and attractiveness. Analysis indicated that, although the models' attractiveness ratings were not affected by having a tattoo, their credibility ratings were generally lower when wearing a tattoo than when not wearing one.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/233133711_Pierced_for_success_The_effects_of_ear_and_nose_piercing_on_perceptions_of_job_candidates%27_credibility_attractiveness_and_Hirability

Pierced for success?: The effects of ear and nose piercing on perceptions of job candidates' credibility, attractiveness, and Hirability

This study examined the effect of body piercing on perceptions of an employment seeker's credibility, hirability, and attractiveness. Participants (undergraduate students and managers) viewed a photograph of a job candidate who wore either no jewelry, an earring, or a nose ring, and then rated dimensions of the candidate's credibility, hirability, and attractiveness. Analysis indicated that although the candidate's attractiveness ratings were not affected by the type of jewelry he wore, his credibility ratings decreased when he was wearing jewelry, and his hirability ratings decreased when he was wearing a nose ring. These results and their implications are discussed

amflyer
April 24, 2013, 01:02 PM
Those teeth don't look properly staked to me, and therefore are unfit for a battle rifle.

silicosys4
April 24, 2013, 01:16 PM
Not my thing, wouldnt want it if it was half that price. Id rather have the same thing for cheaper from aimsurplus, without the face, and if I could have them drop the purely cosmetic finger cuts, I would.

It just seems strange to me that people would object to their ar-15 being called an "evil black gun" or an "assault weapon"
then go and get an ar-15 with a purely cosmetic snarling demon face on it that was originally designed to intimidate the enemy during assaults. I agree that it shouldnt be an issue, and in a perfect world such things would not matter..... but they do.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CMTUHP15LR&name=CMT+Tactical+UHP15+Billet+Multi.+Cal.+AR+Lower+Receiver&search=lower

Edit: Im not really into zombies, rollmarks of historical documents, or other cosmetics on my gun either though. to each their own

SabbathWolf
April 24, 2013, 01:31 PM
I think they did a fine job on it.
But it just seems kinda child-like or something.
I don't know.

45bthompson
April 24, 2013, 04:25 PM
I think its awesome! I've been judged by my tattoos, my obnoxiously loud Harley and by my gun collection. If judgmental busybodies bothered me I suppose I'd wear only slacks and dress shirts while driving my prius to my next round of golf. People judge. It's the nature of the beast. It takes all kinds. Even the scumdogs have their place ;)

Reloadron
April 24, 2013, 05:36 PM
On the Curtis P40 Warhawk teeth look good, on those rifles? Not so much. Hey, just my opinion.

Ron

Skylerbone
April 24, 2013, 09:30 PM
Anyone have a source for gold caps? For the guy who has everything, that lower might be one more thing, or not. I don't find it particularly inspiring or distasteful and no doubt if I owned one there would be paint. $300...another pass for price.

Dr.Rob
April 25, 2013, 01:44 AM
It would match my derby helmet. But yeah, spendy.

rhinoh
April 25, 2013, 05:39 AM
Definitely not my style, I'd pass even at a lower price than a a regular lower.

Geno
April 25, 2013, 05:57 AM
Cool looking lower, with an upper-end price. 8^)

Geno

If you enjoyed reading about "Cool looking AR lower -sharps brothers hellbreaker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!