Stevens Model 620 question

PDA

jpalusk
April 24, 2013, 02:14 PM
Over a year ago I took apart my Stevens model 620 to see if there were a chance of salvaging it (it sat in the corner of my grandpa's shed his whole life and proceeded to rust very badly). My plan was to have it parkerized but after a year sitting in two different gun shops with no end date in site I took matters into my own hands. I decided to go with gun kote and now that it is done it looks very nice (save the pitting on the reciever). My question is does anyone have, or know where I can find an assembly diagram? I drew pictures of everything so I would know how it would fit together, but since it has been over a year I thought it might be a good idea to have something more concrete to look at just to make sure everything is going back together correctly. The main concern is the trigger assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens Model 620 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
F1ST0
April 25, 2013, 01:06 AM
Always remember, when you're taking something apart, know where it was before you took it apart. Everything should fit back together though, pump shotguns aren't TOO complicated...

frankenstein406
April 25, 2013, 01:15 AM
parts diagram off numreich should get you in the ball park

http://stevespages.com/ipb-stevens-520-620.html

Fred Fuller
April 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
pump shotguns aren't TOO complicated...

The 620 is a mere surface modernization (streamlined receiver) of a 1903 design (the Stevens 520) by John Moses Browning ... IMHO "complicated" is a good word for it.

I personally would never detail strip a Browning design repeating shotgun.

jpalusk
April 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
Luckily there was a good youtube video with a guy completely stripping one. That got me everything except the trigger group, but he got close enough to it that I could see everything. The shotgun is completely back together and functions like new! I wouldn't begin to guess how long it has been since this gun has been fired. Luckily one of the gunsmiths looked it over when I droped it off for parkerization and said it is fine to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens Model 620 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!