Reamer rental

PDA

Mauser lover
April 25, 2013, 12:44 PM
Where is the best place to rent chamber reamers online? I have found a few, but if you have experience with any of them, I would love to hear what their customer service is like.

Also, floating head, or solid head? Which is better, and why?

edit: as a side note, will I be able to rechamber a .30-06 barrel to a .300 Win Mag without a lathe?
This is almost unrelated to what I am asking for the reamer rentals for...

If you enjoyed reading about "Reamer rental" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bull Nutria
April 25, 2013, 01:38 PM
Mauser lover,

Go over to Graybear outdoors forums and go to the handi rifle forum those guys are really into reamers they will be able to help you.

Bull

Mauser lover
April 25, 2013, 05:02 PM
Which H&R subforum should I ask in?

I looked, and they (greabeard) has a rental section, but whenever somebody asked about a reamer that they didn't have, somebody always referred them to 4D Reamer Rentals. I looked at them, but was looking for somebody else... Just to have options.

HankC
April 26, 2013, 04:27 PM
I rent finish reamers from 4D Reamers a few times already, no problem. I always use solid head.

NCsmitty
April 27, 2013, 06:11 PM
I've used 4D Reamer rentals before, and always a good experience with quality razor sharp reamers, and fast service.

NCsmitty

If you enjoyed reading about "Reamer rental" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!