NRA Show, Houston Texas. Going?

PDA

langloisandy
April 25, 2013, 03:45 PM
I am heading down next week. I have booth # 1765. Stop in!

Regards,

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Show, Houston Texas. Going?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarDevil
April 25, 2013, 03:47 PM
I've seen too much of Texas already this year. I'm going fishing on the NC coast.

Ryanxia
April 25, 2013, 05:32 PM
Looks like fun, never been to one, won't get to this year either.

TheSaint
April 25, 2013, 05:42 PM
Wish I could, but work is keeping me too busy, not to mention family commitments. I'm going to attend my local Friends of the NRA dinner coming up soon in my home town. :)

igotta40
April 25, 2013, 05:49 PM
I'm waiting for my volunteer assignment. I have to wait until Sunday to attend due to work.

MICHAEL T
April 25, 2013, 06:25 PM
Iam not attending this year But I still have some free 1 day passes for non NRA members to get in the manufacture show . Limit at this time 4 good for any 1 day of the 3 .

Send me a PM . with name and address and I will send right out

I'll be at INDY and Louisville next 2 years working the Bersa Booth.

Texan Scott
April 25, 2013, 07:02 PM
Texan, and a member of the NRA. You'd think so, right? But no... I can't afford to take the better part of a week off work and take the wife and kids to a hotel in Houston. (Also, if I were going to choose a city to showcase Texas to the rest of America, Houston would be my LAST choice... please don't hold it against us :( )

Huskerguy
April 25, 2013, 07:04 PM
I went to St. Louis last year and it was the most fun I had in years. Guns and gun stuff as far as the eyes can see. Having it in Houston is not a good move in my opinion. Last year I met people from all over who could drive to SL. This won't be the case with Houston. The programs were great, enjoyed Larry the Cable guy and Glenn Beck. They are not cheap though so be prepared to pay for everything except getting in to the main show. I would like to go again someday when it is closer to the middle of America. I guess at one time it was in Denver, but I doubt they ever get anything like this in Colorado now.

breakingcontact
April 25, 2013, 07:17 PM
STL, Houston? Detroit next year?

I would like to go, got to work.

Shanghai McCoy
April 26, 2013, 09:14 AM
We went when it was in KC 12 years ago. The wife was 8 months pregnant with our daughter then so all we managed was the dinner with the show and speech stuff.
Still had a pretty good time tho...

UnderTheGun
April 26, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm just outside of Houston and am thinking about going. I've never been and thought it might be a good experience and worth taking advantage of since it's so close.

Piratesailor
April 26, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'll be there the entire time..

And Scott..what, you think Austin would be a better choice?

Yes, you insulted.., me and fellow Texans.

hang fire
April 26, 2013, 12:49 PM
I've seen too much of Texas already this year. I'm going fishing on the NC coast.
Thanks for your most thoughtful and constructive input.

hang fire
April 26, 2013, 01:01 PM
I went to St. Louis last year and it was the most fun I had in years. Guns and gun stuff as far as the eyes can see. Having it in Houston is not a good move in my opinion. Last year I met people from all over who could drive to SL. This won't be the case with Houston. The programs were great, enjoyed Larry the Cable guy and Glenn Beck. They are not cheap though so be prepared to pay for everything except getting in to the main show. I would like to go again someday when it is closer to the middle of America. I guess at one time it was in Denver, but I doubt they ever get anything like this in Colorado now.

Had got transferred to Bakersfield, CA in late 1980s, so we went over the Grapevine to attend the NRA convention in LA. Was well worth the effort, I spent an enjoyable time in conversation with Turner Kirkland of Dixie Gun Works. As a traveling salesman, he remembered meeting my dad, who was chief of police at the time in our small Bootheel town in SE Missouri, which I thought was neat.

igotta40
April 26, 2013, 03:32 PM
"I've seen too much of Texas already this year."

How is that even humanly possible?:confused:

"Houston would be my LAST choice... please don't hold it against us"

Say what you want, if the USA were a ship, Houston would be the engine room. :neener:

April 26, 2013, 03:39 PM
Most likely will go Friday.

Peter M. Eick
April 26, 2013, 07:09 PM
I will go Thursday & Friday also and probably Saturday again for the fun of it. I was lucky enough to get an exhibitors pass from an fellow collector so I might as well take advantage of it.

I have never been to one before so it should be interesting.

I figure I will wait till about 930 to let 10 calm down. What a zoo!

KTXdm9
April 26, 2013, 09:27 PM
Texan, and a member of the NRA. You'd think so, right? But no... I can't afford to take the better part of a week off work and take the wife and kids to a hotel in Houston. (Also, if I were going to choose a city to showcase Texas to the rest of America, Houston would be my LAST choice... please don't hold it against us :( )
Yeah, with its strong economy and multitude of things to do, Houston is terrible. :rolleyes:

I plan on going sometime during the weekend.

Shimitup
April 26, 2013, 09:30 PM
I'm going, went to the last one in Houston, had a great time.

igotta40
April 27, 2013, 01:53 AM
"Is Gun Control in effect there at NRA, Houston?"

Yes, a two handed grip is encouraged....

Peter M. Eick
April 27, 2013, 05:31 PM
I am not sure what you mean. I would say that CHL's are respected if we have reciprocity. I would expect that the convention center won't allow you to carry on site but that is pretty normal.

You should plan on more than half the cars (some quote 80%) are armed. If you are from out of the area, don't use your horn as that is a good way of causing trouble. Remember keep it friendly, drive aggressively if you want to survive and in general have a good time.

Down town does not have many good restaurants in general but if you head up westheimer a ways things are much better. Or get on 10 and once you get past the 610 loop you have many options to consider.

58limited
April 27, 2013, 07:11 PM
I live 1 1/2 hours away. I'll be there on Saturday, joining my friends from Nacogdoches whom I invited.

Grayrock
April 30, 2013, 07:31 PM
To the O.P.: since you have a booth- are the exhibitors there allowed to sell things? Or is it just stuff on display for you to drool over and not take home? I will be there- it is my 1st one.

MICHAEL T
April 30, 2013, 08:39 PM
Can't sell guns but lots of stuff you can buy. Mags, sights, grips, holsters, about every thing except firearms. Those you can hold and play with . Lots of free stuff also. I would leave the booth(take a break) to enjoy show and talk to people and pick up freebies also. .

When you have 50,000 or more people come thru in a day You need break . At our booth 3 to 5 working most of time and still 3 or 4 deep some times waiting to look and talk about a pistol. Its big its fun and you will enjoy it

langloisandy
May 1, 2013, 08:56 AM
Yes, sales are ok. Just no firearms to be sold. I normally discount heavily for the show.

Andy

sleepyone
May 1, 2013, 09:17 AM
"I've seen too much of Texas already this year."

How is that even humanly possible?

"Houston would be my LAST choice... please don't hold it against us"

Say what you want, if the USA were a ship, Houston would be the engine room.

And if Houston were a human body, it would be the butt hole. ;) I've lived and worked all over the state of Texas the past 45 plus years including Houston many times. Sorry, there are several cities I would choose first. I'm no fan of Austin, but I would choose it before Houston. San Antonio and Fort Worth are great choices. Not sure how the NRA chooses cities. St. Louis? I guess for its central location in the U.S.

jmace57
May 1, 2013, 09:50 PM
Wouldn't you know it...I'm a relatively new Lifetime NRA member - I work 5 blocks from the convention center - and have to leave town tomorrow (Thursday) and will be gone all weekend. (sigh)

rgwalt
May 1, 2013, 11:31 PM
I am not sure what you mean. I would say that CHL's are respected if we have reciprocity. I would expect that the convention center won't allow you to carry on site but that is pretty normal.

You should plan on more than half the cars (some quote 80%) are armed. If you are from out of the area, don't use your horn as that is a good way of causing trouble. Remember keep it friendly, drive aggressively if you want to survive and in general have a good time.

Down town does not have many good restaurants in general but if you head up westheimer a ways things are much better. Or get on 10 and once you get past the 610 loop you have many options to consider.
The best dining in the city, and some of the best in the country, is inside of the 610 loop. There is some great dining downtown. There is a fantastic restaurant in the park across from the George R Brown convention center. Several blocks west of the convention center on Main St. (along the Light Rail), there are tons of great restaurants and bars. Further down, Market Square has a some very good restaurants, bars, and clubs. If you are driving, within a few minutes of downtown, without getting on the high way, are several world-renowned restaurants. Sure, it isn't Manhattan or downtown Chicago, but Houston is a fantastic city for dining and night life. If you are going to be in Houston for the convention, and want some recommendations, send me a PM. I can recommend something in any price range and style.

allaroundhunter
May 2, 2013, 12:20 AM
I'll be there on Saturday, still waiting to figure out just where I will be at.

igotta40
May 2, 2013, 01:28 AM
"And if Houston were a human body, it would be the butt hole"

Thank you for bringing that up. It is an excellent comparison. It's not the most attractive part, but if that body part quit working, the rest of the body would have major problems....

Think about that.

Yes, there are nicer looking places in Texas. However, Houston is the economic engine of the USA, as it has been, and will be, for decades.

No Houston: No gasoline, no diesel, no plastics. No Space Program.

World's largest medical research center. The first heart transplant. (Dr. Denton Cooley). The first mechanical heart. (Jarvis Heart)

Drink coffee? Maxwell House is here.

The fastest production car on the planet, the Hennesey, built where?

Drone aircraft operating in Afghanistan, operating from a control base, where? Ellington Field, next door to NASA.

Houston is always hiring, if you need work, you'll find it in Houston.

Finally... Does anyone remember the first word spoken from the Moon by Neil Armstrong in July 1969? Need a clue?

chicharrones
May 2, 2013, 01:44 AM
I'm going on Friday with co-workers. I'm looking forward to it since I've never been to an NRA convention before.

As far as CHL carry in the convention center, it looks like a High Road member found out the answer. http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=8834623&postcount=9

To the Houston haters, its the same ol' same ol'. Houston has always been a working city. Don't worry, we hate plenty of things from the other metropolitan areas in the state, too.

Traffic in north DFW makes Houston traffic almost feel like a small town. Geez, y'all got a ton of people up there.

Peter M. Eick
May 2, 2013, 05:59 PM
Rgwalt,

You should list some of those restaurants by name. I know whenever I am down at the convention center for conferences I find the food is pathetic in the local area. Maybe things have changed in the last year or so, but when I was last there teaching schools I always found the food to be poor nearby. If you are willing to walk down into the city you have more options but close by, not so good.

The convention looks really nice. I was walking around it today and it really fills the place up. I think it will be a lot of fun over the next few days.

igotta40
May 2, 2013, 06:42 PM
Directly across from the GRB Convention Center, in Discovery Green park there are two restaurants. One is the Lodge, a gourmet venue. The other is the Lake House, a "gourmet hamburger" stand. The burgers are some of the best I've ever had. I'm not just saying that because my son is the manager there...:cool:

Shimitup
May 2, 2013, 08:33 PM
If you want the best burger in Texas go to Lankford Grocery at the corner of Dennis and Genessee St. Just west of downtown.

P.S. it's a joint, cash only.

chicharrones
May 2, 2013, 11:05 PM
Just FYI, I found another source about concealed carry at the George R. Brown convention center. Read near the bottom of the pdf file here - http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/meeting_planners/Rules&Regulations.pdf

From this website, page 4 of Forms and Documents. Look at Rules and Regulations. http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/MeetingPlanners/FormsDocuments.aspx

The first paragraph on the document.

"The Licensee is responsible for compliance with these Rules and Regulations and should instruct its employees, contractors, agents, and attendees accordingly to eliminate problems before they arise."

Last page near the bottom.

"Concealed Handguns -
(1) Possession of Firearms is forbidden in the Facility with the exception of the following: (i) licensed peace officers and licensed honorably retired peace officers and (ii) exhibitors and patrons during duly licensed gun shows and (iii) individuals licensed by the State of Texas to carry concealed handguns."

jmace57
May 2, 2013, 11:43 PM
If you want the best burger in Texas go to Lankford Grocery at the corner of Dennis and Genessee St. Just west of downtown.

P.S. it's a joint, cash only.
...and the burgers are absolutely ginormous too. Be careful though, they want to put jalapenos and other hot stuff on everythig they make.

Three Forks restaurant (not too far away) is pretty good - pretty expensive too.

sleepyone
May 3, 2013, 01:17 AM
"And if Houston were a human body, it would be the butt hole"

Thank you for bringing that up. It is an excellent comparison. It's not the most attractive part, but if that body part quit working, the rest of the body would have major problems....

Hey igotta40, You gotta me on that one! great reply! I was referring to the criminal element. The only two times I ever felt unsafe or uncomfortable in all my years working or traveling in TX were when I was in downtown Dallas late one night and downtown Houston in the middle of the day. All the contributions and vital services you brought up are valid.

rgwalt
May 3, 2013, 01:25 AM
Rgwalt,

You should list some of those restaurants by name. I know whenever I am down at the convention center for conferences I find the food is pathetic in the local area. Maybe things have changed in the last year or so, but when I was last there teaching schools I always found the food to be poor nearby. If you are willing to walk down into the city you have more options but close by, not so good.

The convention looks really nice. I was walking around it today and it really fills the place up. I think it will be a lot of fun over the next few days.
Excellent point! I can recommend:

Vic & Anthony's for a great (but expensive) steak. Located near Minute Maid Park, short walk from the convention center.
The Grove at Discovery Green, right across the street
The Flying Saucer for beers and german food. Over 200 beers on tap
Bombay Pizza Co for Indian influenced pizza
Several other steakhouses are very close. If you walk under the highway behind the convention center, there is Lucky's Pub, with good beer and great food at a reasonable price. There are several asian restaurants in the area of lucky's pub, too.

As you get into the area where you will find Bombay Pizza and Flying Saucer, there are tons of restaurants I haven't tried yet. You might have to walk 6-8 blocks, but the weather will be great.

tarosean
May 3, 2013, 08:53 AM
You might have to walk 6-8 blocks, but the weather will be great.

Yeah if you remembered to bring a jacket. Dang weird weather lately..

igotta40
May 3, 2013, 11:05 AM
On the opposite side of the Discovery Green Park, on Austin st., on the ground floor of the Park Shops, is the Phoenicia Market, it's a Mediterranean market and cafe. Awesome deli, hot platters, gourmet bakery, coffee bar, live music, the works. Walking distance from NRA Convention.

nathan
May 3, 2013, 01:32 PM
Come on down to Houston. We are a gun loving society . Come on down, folks. I think im going to see how it goes. Every one should be proud of the NRA !

WinchesterAA
May 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
Hey Andy,

My buddy Micah needs a sling for his 30-06. I told him to head your way when he gets there.

pty101
May 3, 2013, 05:24 PM
I went today, unfortunately wont be going to the banquet or any of the speakers, but it was a great time

nathan
May 3, 2013, 05:38 PM
As always , Ted Nugent is there to entertain us. A lot of celebrities too so thats a good way to attract new members.

Peter M. Eick
May 3, 2013, 06:33 PM
Just got back from the show. It is really great overall. Lots of folks there today and I brought back over 14" worth of catalogs.

The highlight of the show (for me) was seeing the collector guns, talking to Les Baer (got his autograph), and then chatting with Mike Mcnett of Doubletap. I thanked Starline for the brass, talked to RCBS and Redding in detail and asked Marlin about my MD24 (no they don't have parts).

The show was busy, but you could move about. Vendors were friendly and very helpful. We did discuss the ammo situation and the general word is everyone is running flat out and the system is just behind. Same for guns and parts. I think it was Ruger that said they have a 2 million gun backlog on orders. Amazing.

chicharrones
May 3, 2013, 10:37 PM
Now,would that include individuals from other states who have gun permits that Texas recognizes via reciprocity?

That's a good question and one I truly don't know the answer to. I've never had to cipher through the reciprocity rules from an outsider's point of view coming to Texas.

I would hope that the convention center would be like any other place someone with an out of state carry license (with reciprocity with Texas) could carry a handgun.

There were no Texas 30.06 (anti-CHL) signs on the premises today. Just like we expected. No metal detectors or wands either, obviously. :D

chicharrones
May 3, 2013, 10:40 PM
Just got back from the show. It is really great overall. Lots of folks there today and I brought back over 14" worth of catalogs.

The show was great! I only got to wander the floor from 9am to 12:30pm due to going upstairs from the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum which burned the remainder of the afternoon. It was worth listening to the speakers, but I wish I had more time to spend back on the main floor too.

Too many booths, so little time. :p

Dlowe167
May 3, 2013, 10:44 PM
If i had money i would go. Cant put opinion in if u arent there!!!

MaterDei
May 3, 2013, 11:13 PM
I went today and will go on Saturday and on Sunday, and I won't see it all.

It's an amazing exhibition.

This is my third annual meeting. One in Houston the last time it was here and one in Louisville, also a few years ago

Flintstone
May 4, 2013, 09:27 AM
Why all the Houston bashing? I can't think of a better place for the convention. Attended yesterday & it was great!

MaterDei
May 4, 2013, 10:13 AM
Why all the Houston bashing? I can't think of a better place for the convention. Attended yesterday & it was great!

If it is fellow Texas doing the bashing you shouldn't be surprised as there is a lot of instate rivalry between the major cities, especially Dallas and Houston! It's generally pretty good natured.

Let's face it though, Houston is not a good tourist destination. Not a lot of interesting history here, the weather can get quite severe, no amusement parks, the local beaches are crappy and we're not close to other good tourist destinations (San Anronio being the lone exception but it's still over 200 miles away).

It is however a great place to live and to raise a family. The cost of living is low, jobs are plentiful, great restaurants, friendly people. I've lived in Southern California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Connecticut, Dallas, Singapore and Germany. Houston beats them all, hands-down.

nathan
May 4, 2013, 11:01 AM
We are just laid back here in Houston. Low cost of living and just have to deal with five month of extreme heat starting May to Sept. I reason why i changed my AC unit to three ton top of the line Carrier to match my house. Electric bills is expected to hit double by these months.

KTXdm9
May 4, 2013, 11:17 AM
How many protestors actually showed up for the event? I'm curious to compare the media's imagination to what is reality.

Peter M. Eick
May 4, 2013, 11:29 AM
There were a bunch of media trucks lined up out front. It reminded me a sharks circling a kill.

No protesters that I saw. Local news had them interviewing some parents who had lost their kids and the national news focused on the nasty guns and tried to create a story out of the Houston IAH incident but that was about it. There were a lot of stories about the ammo shortages also.

The thing I noticed is that folks were friendly but many, many folks had sour looks on their faces. My shooting buddy and I were having a grand time just BS-ing and walking around looking at everything. It was like being in a candy shop. I would have thought others would be more happy.

nathan
May 4, 2013, 11:40 AM
I may have to see it on Sunday. Just too many people right now . I could just imagine the parking lots are full to the brim.

chicharrones
May 4, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thank you very much,chicharrones for all the detailed information. I could not make it to the show. But if I had, I would have felt quite confident from your info, on entering the premises with my Florida CCW, carrying my Glock 36 .45, that all would be well.

Great work! :cool: You are a fine Ambassador for Houston. ;)

You are way too kind! I think being from Florida, you would be accustomed to the humidity here. Except due to strange weather events, there is no humidity here this weekend. That is lucky indeed for all that come to the NRA Convention. :cool:

chicharrones
May 4, 2013, 01:32 PM
If it is fellow Texas doing the bashing you shouldn't be surprised as there is a lot of instate rivalry between the major cities, especially Dallas and Houston! It's generally pretty good natured.

Let's face it though, Houston is not a good tourist destination. Not a lot of interesting history here, the weather can get quite severe, no amusement parks, the local beaches are crappy and we're not close to other good tourist destinations (San Antonio being the lone exception but it's still over 200 miles away).

Too true. Houston is not a tourist town. Astroworld* got razed years ago, the best historical site (San Jacinto battleground (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/san-jacinto-battleground)) is buried in the industrial side of the Houston area, plus the humidity and mosquitoes are a pain to deal with. Thunderstorms and floods at least cool off the place.

Yet, for some reason there are millions of people that make the area their home. Like me. ;)

*Kemah is nice, but tiny in comparison.

chicharrones
May 4, 2013, 01:38 PM
The thing I noticed is that folks were friendly but many, many folks had sour looks on their faces. My shooting buddy and I were having a grand time just BS-ing and walking around looking at everything. It was like being in a candy shop. I would have thought others would be more happy.

It must have been from the shock of the crowd size. In the early morning on Friday the crowd wasn't quite there yet until maybe 11am. The time from 9am to 11am was quite comfy milling about the booths and freely handling the guns on display as long as you wished.

After that, it could be tough just to pick up a gun for a few seconds depending on the booth you were at. I wonder if the crowd on the floor thinned a bit while people went to the assembly areas upstairs in the afternoon?

chicharrones
May 4, 2013, 01:40 PM
How many protestors actually showed up for the event? I'm curious to compare the media's imagination to what is reality.

I didn't see any protestors either. There was a couple dozen on the news I saw that night, but they must have been far away from where I walked through.

roadcoder
May 4, 2013, 03:20 PM
I hear they just exhibit stuff, they don't sell it ? Is that true? Because if it is I wouldn't go - I have the Internet to look at stuff already.

nathan
May 4, 2013, 03:37 PM
Lapierre says, we will not surrender our guns or it will be the end of freedom !

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130504/US--NRA.Convention/

chicharrones
May 4, 2013, 05:11 PM
I hear they just exhibit stuff, they don't sell it ? Is that true? Because if it is I wouldn't go - I have the Internet to look at stuff already.

It's not a gun show as much as a trade show. You can't buy gunsand I don't recall seeing ammo for sale, but I saw stocks, grips, accessories, clothing, etc, etc. for sale.

Many of the guns I saw didn't even have firing pins. What was nice was on most guns you can walk right up, put it in your hand, work the action, try out the trigger, etc. No trigger locks, and no permission needed for the display guns. :cool:

wally
May 4, 2013, 06:38 PM

This is true, but I enjoyed getting to actually handle the new RRA 7.62x39 AR that uses AK mags, the new S&W CORE M&P pistol models and plenty of other neat stuff. RIA showed a lot of nice 1911 variations.

The worst job of the day had to be the guys manning the Federal booth with about every third person coming up asking "why aren't you making more ammo?"

Lots of nice promo freebees.

Loved the Magpul VW bus with the mini-gun, lots of folks giving them the pitch they should relocate to Texas. :)

Crowds were large but not to the point of not being worthwhile to go. Its free to NRA members and the check in was extremely efficient.

Didn't see any protesters either, I suspect they were only where the news crews were trying to give the illusion of being "large".

nathan
May 4, 2013, 06:47 PM
Who were the celebrities around?

wally
May 4, 2013, 06:59 PM
Who were the celebrities around?

There was a pretty long line of folks waiting for autographs from the Duck Dynasty guy, I couldn't pick him out of a crowd, only know because my buddy wanted to see what people were standing in line for, as all the other freebees were just being given out as fast as people could walk up, so he was figuring it was something really special :)

58limited
May 4, 2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTXdm9 View Post
I didn't see any protestors either. There was a couple dozen on the news I saw that night, but they must have been far away from where I walked through.

I saw about 15 protestors today at 10am, and that is where the media was. They'll probably do a close-up and say hundreds were there. I was outside waiting for some friends for about 20 minutes and hundreds of people walked by headed into the exhibition hall.

KTXdm9
May 4, 2013, 08:28 PM
I went with the family today. It was a blast. Plenty of parking in the Toyota Center parking lot, which was a couple blocks away. It was very busy. No protestors to been seen. Great weather.

Most importantly, I got to handle of bunch of pistols I'm considering for carry duty. I was really impressed with the Bersa BPCC.

allaroundhunter
May 4, 2013, 09:32 PM
Federal might not have any ammo, but Freedom Munitions does. They are sitting on about half a million rounds of 9mm in their retail store in Houston with more coming in fairly regularly.

ArcherandShooter
May 4, 2013, 10:09 PM
Springmom and I were there for the members meeting and exhibits today. Great time, even if we did have to park on the far side of the baseball stadium.

The meeting was great, and I was proud to vote in the elections. I even got to make a small speech suggesting an amendment to one of the resolutions offered.

After that and lunch, we headed down to the exhibits, but the crowds were unbelievable by then. Jan's in a wheelchair these days and it was just too hard getting around in the mob. We saw a little and liked what we saw (I drooled over a Hornady re-loading rig) , but it just got to be too much.

Saw about two dozen protesters across the street (AP counted 20), but hey, the BoR is for them, too, right?

A good day, great to be among so many gunnies. Here's a pic of me and Jan taking a break...

Shimitup
May 5, 2013, 02:33 AM
I concur as to wheelchair navigating, way too crowded, however my son toughed it out for 5 hours or so. It was just way too fun. We also saw only a few protesters. When we arrived about 11:00 we parked in the underground lot across the street. even though the sign said lot full we immediately found a handicapped spot and saw numerous other spots available. There is pizza, BBQ and Chick-Fil-A available in the convention center. As noted no Texas 30-06 signs, probably lots of CHL holders and nobody died, go figure.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/shimitup/nra2013col.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/shimitup/media/nra2013col.jpg.html)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/shimitup/Clarkguns.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/shimitup/media/Clarkguns.jpg.html)

chicharrones
May 6, 2013, 12:40 AM
It looks like you and your son had a great time, shimitup. :cool:

Shimitup
May 6, 2013, 02:11 AM
He did indeed!

langloisandy
May 7, 2013, 10:06 AM
Wow, great show. I met a pile of folks who are on this and my forum. Thanks for stopping in!

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Show, Houston Texas. Going?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!