THR restricted access from Ad-Aware?

PDA

Vector
April 26, 2013, 10:46 AM
I was trying to come here and kept getting a page from Ad-Aware saying the website was either down or did not have the proper credentials. The page was a Ad-Aware safety/security site implying I was being kept safe for a possibly malicious website.
I've had Ad-Aware running for free in the background in the past, so I am wondering if this is something new with them related to their stance on guns. I had to exit out of it just get here now.

Anyone else experience this?

If you enjoyed reading about "THR restricted access from Ad-Aware?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
firesky101
April 26, 2013, 11:03 AM
sounds like your definitions are out of date. probably should have this moved to tech support so derek sees this he is pretty on top of stuff.

Vector
April 26, 2013, 11:09 AM
I am not asking for tech support nor do I want it moved as I've made it back.

I just want to see if something is afoot in trying to block THR, and if others might be experiencing the same issue.

Derek Zeanah
April 26, 2013, 11:20 AM
That is sort of odd.

Vector
April 26, 2013, 06:01 PM
Clearly I am back, so I did not need tech help/support. Yet I suspect a button pusher decided they knew best and decided to alert the mods I posted this in the wrong section.

So I feel as if I wasted my time even trying to alert other members about this, or to see if others had experienced something similar in the most viewed section.

Robert
April 26, 2013, 07:20 PM
Tech support is visable to all members and was indeed the proper place for an issue such as this. Whoever moved it to tech support did so knowing that it would be seen by the proper folks rather than being buried in general where it may have been missed.

Larry Ashcraft
April 26, 2013, 08:23 PM
Yet I suspect a button pusher decided they knew best and decided to alert the mods I posted this in the wrong section.
That's me, button pusher. :)

Nobody reported your post. It was posted in the wrong section,(the General Gun Discussion forum is for discussion about guns, hence the name) so I moved it to Technical Support (which is for discussion of technical issues, hence the name).

Vector
April 26, 2013, 08:43 PM
I am not going to belabor this beyond this post, after which I am done with it.

Tech support is visable to all members and was indeed the proper place for an issue such as this. Whoever moved it to tech support did so knowing that it would be seen by the proper folks rather than being buried in general where it may have been missed.

Yes, all members have access to this section, but that was clearly not my point.
While everyone has access, hardly anyone comes here unless they have a tech problem, so the overwhelming majority of forum members would have never seen this thread had I started it here.
You do have a point about it getting buried, especially if no one posted to it, however it could have been moved at any time once a decent number of views had occurred. We all know that if I started two exact same threads like this, one in General and the other here in Tech, at the end of the day the one in the General section would have many more views.

That's me, button pusher. :)

Nobody reported your post. It was posted in the wrong section,(the General Gun Discussion forum is for discussion about guns, hence the name) so I moved it to Technical Support (which is for discussion of technical issues, hence the name).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I sense a condescending and/or sarcastic tone in your reply. At least with Robert's reply, I did not get the feeling he was talking down to me.

My only goal was to see if others encountered this problem, either recently or ever. Furthermore, if it started becoming a problem, those who had read it might then realize it was also happening to others here on THR.
So I was doing it for THR's benefit, yet I've been made to feel as if I wasted my time.
Lesson learned.

TimboKhan
April 28, 2013, 12:44 PM
This thread is closed. If you feel the need to comment further, feel free to PM me. Should you decide to do that, be advised that moving this thread to tech support was absolutely, 100%, no questions asked the correct and appropriate decision.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR restricted access from Ad-Aware?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!