Anybody familiar with a H&R Trapper .22

PDA

bigtubby
April 27, 2013, 11:45 AM
There is one for sale octagonal long barrel .22 barrel is missing the front sight which seems like a fairly easy fix. Blueing from the pics looks good, appears to have original grips we have established a price of $200.00 Don't know anything about H&R revolvers so a little out of my comfort zone. A fair price, a decent gun or just a waste of money that could go towards a Smith?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody familiar with a H&R Trapper .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
marv
April 27, 2013, 08:10 PM
I remember my Dad had one. Today H&R's fetch a good price. Back in the day a new one could be had for thirty-some dollars.....But then very few people had thirty-some dollars.

OptimusPrime
April 27, 2013, 08:49 PM
I had one years ago. Is this the model where you have to remove the cylinder for reloading it? Mine did. I sold it as soon as I found a sucker. It was accurate and would have been a cheap tackle box gun, but I would never spend another nickel towards one. Your model may be different.

bigtubby
April 28, 2013, 12:21 PM
Nope same model pull the pin remove the cylinder, Thanks for the info I passed on it.

Remllez
April 28, 2013, 10:01 PM
I still own/shoot one. The front sight is a brass blade that is a 16th of an inch thick, sheet stock brass should work well for fashioning a sight. Be carefully removing the saw handle stocks as they tend to break on the top.

I shot many a box of LR shells in it years ago but now limit it to .22 shorts. $200.00 for one in good shape is fair to both.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody familiar with a H&R Trapper .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!