ATI or Taurus 1911

PDA

Fat Boy
April 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
Which would you choose & why?

I am trying to obtain a 1911 that is durable, reliable, and inexpensive. I like the features of the Taurus and the ATI is available in the commander size and fits my hand well

Thanks for your input!

If you enjoyed reading about "ATI or Taurus 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Inebriated
April 27, 2013, 09:57 PM
Which specific models?

Between the two brands, I'd prefer RIA.

BRE346
April 27, 2013, 10:02 PM
YES, either. I love my Taurus, and wouldn't change a thing. ATI may be just as good.
Didn't help, did I?

smalls
April 27, 2013, 10:03 PM
ATI, because they come in officers and commanders, both of which I prefer over government sized 1911's.

Theraztastic
April 27, 2013, 10:05 PM
My buddy has a Taurus 1911 and he loves it. Don't be deterred because it isn't a $1,000 1911. They are reliable guns that won't break the bank. Sure it isn't a Kimber or a Colt but is it worth the money? Definately. I own a Ruger Sr1911 and love it. ($700)

Tomcat47
April 27, 2013, 10:11 PM
From my personal observation and not being biased against ATI I say the following...

I have a Taurus BHW 1911 and have not owned an ATI, but have handled them in Gun Shop/Gun Show and I feel the Taurus has a better fit and Finish and more upgrades than the ATI counterpart.. sights and trigger being two of the items off the top.

My Taurus has run beautiful, I did break a slide stop, but it was warranted in no time and I put it in the box because I had already installed a Wilson Combat extended slide stop. (No Brainer)!

My Taurus was $625.00 out the door.... I believe you have to get the enhanced version of the ATI to get to the Taurus .. which in turn is apples for apples maybe? I still have not shot one on the range.

I Think there are what one would call entry level 1911 which include Taurus, Ruger, RIA, and ATI and I am sure there are others, but the Taurus is the most for the money in the group to me.

Smalls ... Good Point ! I Do wish Taurus would offer both versions as well!

Theraztastic.. I will have me a SR1911 I like them as well.

CZ223
April 28, 2013, 06:57 AM
as has already been said, the come in the full sized Government model only. For about the same price or slightly more, I would look at the SR 1911 compact, if you can find one. My SR 1911 was very well made but it was the full sized model so I sold it. I will have the compact version in the future.

If you enjoyed reading about "ATI or Taurus 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!