Where have all the CZs gone?

PDA

CmdrSlander
April 28, 2013, 12:34 AM
I can find a variety of autoloading pistols on gunbroker, et. al. but I cannot find any CZ75s except for the decocker models.

Why are they so scarce? I know there's a panic on but CZs seem especially scarce right now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where have all the CZs gone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kiln
April 28, 2013, 04:13 AM
They're hi cap and usually cheaper than your average Glock, XD, or Sig new.

Skillet
April 28, 2013, 04:32 AM
Ive been looking around too, I want to trade and upgrade my 75b polycoat to a polished stainless (cant afford another one outright and the polished stainless is just so breathtaking) to no avail. To be honest, I would wait like 6 months and you might start seeing them again, and at cheaper prices. same goes with everything. unless this gun control gibberish keeps up.

Kiln
April 28, 2013, 05:00 AM
Ive been looking around too, I want to trade and upgrade my 75b polycoat to a polished stainless (cant afford another one outright and the polished stainless is just so breathtaking) to no avail. To be honest, I would wait like 6 months and you might start seeing them again, and at cheaper prices. same goes with everything. unless this gun control gibberish keeps up.
I'm not sure I would go with the polished stainless. I've seen one in person and it was beautiful but every single finger print becomes instantly visible on that finish. They're difficult to keep clean.

Pilot
April 28, 2013, 05:01 AM
I would go matte stainless for the 75B for sure.

Kiln
April 28, 2013, 05:22 AM
I would go matte stainless for the 75B for sure.
Yeah I looked at both side by side and went home with the matte stainless version. Great guns, wouldn't want to have to constantly clean the exterior of the polished stainless CZ every time I touched it though.

4tsmith
April 28, 2013, 06:08 AM
Some people are finally catching on to the fact that the CZ75 has for decades been one of most popular,best built,reliable,value priced,high capacity semi auto handguns in the WORLD.(replacing the Browning Hi Power in dozens of world military and police forces is nothing to sneeze at.)

Although it can't be proven,I would be very surprised to find out that the various agencies controlling import fees,licenses,permits(etc.)HAD NOT INTENTIONALLY been trying to stem the tide of firearms and related products leading up to the gun purge- surge and it might take a while to normalize.

hAkron
April 28, 2013, 07:43 AM
They seem to come on to the market in waves...on the slow boat from The Czech Republic you might say. Also if CZUB has a big military contract to fulfill, I would bet that civilian orders take a back seat.

4tsmith
April 28, 2013, 07:59 AM
It hadn't occurred to me that some of the newer mid size versions are more popular and CZ is simply following the market trends.

It's not hard to imagine that the lighter polymer/alloy framed versions might be gaining market share and pushing the classic 75 back down the production list.

flgolfer29
April 28, 2013, 08:46 AM
I picked up a CZ 75BD about two weeks ago (decocker - polycoat). 400 rounds later, without a hiccup, I could not be any more pleased. The pistol is very well built, fit and finish, and the accuracy has been very good as well.

joe

guyfromohio
April 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
Ok..... As a group, we need to stop telling people about how great they are. The best kept secret in the gun industry is out now. I bought a PCR the other day and absolutely love it! Any time a cz anything hits Armslist for $500 or less, it's gone soar instantly.

rayatphonix
April 28, 2013, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately their rifles seem to be just as hard to find.

hAkron
April 28, 2013, 10:23 AM
Any time a cz anything hits Armslist for $500 or less, it's gone soar instantly.

Depending on which city in Ohio you are looking at on Armslist, I might be to blame for these guns disappearing as soon as they are listed. I've bought a tremendous amount of CZ's on the used face to face market over the past few years and I use Armslist a LOT.

wow6599
April 28, 2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure I would go with the polished stainless. I've seen one in person and it was beautiful but every single finger print becomes instantly visible on that finish. They're difficult to keep clean.

Like a good looking woman......high maintenance, but sometimes worth it.

(I have a polished version and really like it)

Blackstone
April 28, 2013, 11:37 AM
It's good to see CZs being appreciated

Pilot
April 28, 2013, 11:39 AM
I remember when I first started buying CZ as they came more readily available in the mid 90's, many would scoff at the Czech made guns. However, as the became more well known, there was a change in attitudes, and with the popularity of the internet, the word really spread. They are excellent firearms, and still a good value.

Kiln
April 28, 2013, 05:10 PM
I remember when I first started buying CZ as they came more readily available in the mid 90's, many would scoff at the Czech made guns. However, as the became more well known, there was a change in attitudes, and with the popularity of the internet, the word really spread. They are excellent firearms, and still a good value.
When they were first trickling in they were also expensive as hell, which could be part of the reason that it was difficult to sell them.

Skillet
April 28, 2013, 05:32 PM
Wow6599... what did you like about the polished as opposed to the matte? I really want a stainless, and I love the way the polished looks, but I have yet to see both side by side up close.

wow6599
April 29, 2013, 12:48 AM
Wow6599... what did you like about the polished as opposed to the matte? I really want a stainless, and I love the way the polished looks, but I have yet to see both side by side up close.

I've had many SS firearms......some matte, some polished - but never a high polished one. I looked at the high polished 75B a few times at a LGS, and thought it looked good, but maybe a little too pimped-out for my tastes.

Last year, after the election, I decided to get a CZ 75B. A hi polished one was all I could find, so I bought it. I don't regret it a bit.

When I get done shooting it I just wipe it down with a rag - no more prints.
And the pimp looked has grown on me. I like it.

sirgilligan
April 29, 2013, 11:02 AM
As rare as the CZ pistols are to find, the CZ 527 Varmint Walnut in .223 is even harder to find. I have seen CZ 75B's at a local shop for MSRP. In today's world paying MSRP (which is just 11% more than a typical street price) isn't the end of the world when you are talking such a reasonably priced pistol to begin with.

muggia59
May 5, 2013, 04:51 PM
I would like to find a cz75 B or BD in black, but I have to hold off for a few months. I have a 75B compact and a 75B nickel. Do love their accuracy. I put hiviz front sights on them and vz grips. In colder months I carry the compact all the time. The full size nickel is easy to clean.

KTXdm9
May 5, 2013, 09:51 PM
Great guns, I can see why they are so popular. I had a chance to check out a few at the NRA convention yesterday. I was impressed with the ergonomics and trigger pull.

armoredman
May 5, 2013, 11:50 PM
They aren't coming in via boat anymore - they are being flown in, and they're sold as soon as they come off the plane. The shelves at CZ-USA are bare of guns, and used ones don't last long because of A), the inherent value of the gun and B) we're still in the buying panic, like it or not. It may be easing a bit, but not much.
I got mine and I'm not selling. ;)

Walter
May 6, 2013, 12:04 AM
I gave up looking, I ended up buying a copy of the CZ75 Compact. It's not quite a "clone", as the receiver is alloy. The gun was made by Canik Arms in Turkey, imported by Tri Star. It seems to be well-built, but I haven't shot it yet, so "We shall see".

I looked for a long time for a CZ 75D PCR, but couldn't find one anywhere. This Tri Star is a pretty good compromise. I hope.

Walter

sonick808
May 6, 2013, 05:35 AM
czcustom.com is probably one of your best possibilities. They're a stone's throw from my location and they are awesome folks

...and yes, the secret is out, and cannot be reigned back in.

Pilot
May 6, 2013, 07:48 AM
I ended up buying a copy of the CZ75 Compact. It's not quite a "clone", as the receiver is alloy.

From all reports the Canik is a darn good copy, and as you probably know the CZ-75D PCR's, and the P-01's frame is also aluminum alloy as opposed to the CZ Compact's steel frame.

armoredman
May 6, 2013, 11:49 AM
The Canik is a clone of a clone, being originally designed from the Tanfoglio Force version when Sarsilmaz was a Tanfoglio distributor. All reports have it as a good, solid pistol.

Orion8472
May 6, 2013, 12:59 PM
Just looked on gunbroker and there are no P-01 pistols there. But there are a few SP-01 and 75 pistols available. FYI

bikerdoc
May 6, 2013, 01:11 PM
Another CZ 75 fan here.
I have 3, 10, 5, and 3 years old.
Be dipped if I can find another, ggrrrr.

jim243
May 6, 2013, 02:15 PM
Simple fact is "They are few and far between" and when people find them they JUMP on it right there and then. Not planning on getting rid of mine. Should be easier to find an XD.

Good luck.
Jim

Kiln
May 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
Here's a report I wrote up on the Canik C100 (750 round impressions) not too long ago:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=714680

They're good guns.

Fishbed77
May 6, 2013, 05:20 PM
I've hardly ever seen new CZ pistols for sale around here, even before the panic.

sirgilligan
May 6, 2013, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.... I think I will quietly sneak out the back door and go to the LGS where I just saw two, a 75B and a 75 Compact... (sound of door slamming)

Walter
May 6, 2013, 09:44 PM
sirgilligan said... Hmmm.... I think I will quietly sneak out the back door and go to the LGS where I just saw two, a 75B and a 75 Compact... (sound of door slamming)

Let us know how that worked out for ya.

sirgilligan
May 7, 2013, 11:48 AM
sirgilligan said...

Let us know how that worked out for ya.
That was more tongue and cheek than anything. They do have two. I don't know if I can afford a purchase right now. :(

hAkron
May 7, 2013, 09:42 PM
There is a new 75B standard model at a store around here for $729. I can give you their number and you can see if they will hold it for you, but at that pice I'm sure it won't last long:scrutiny:

guyfromohio
May 7, 2013, 10:07 PM
HAkron... Saw that on Armslist... Wow. Actually FIn Feather Fur up the road had several PCR (75 d compact), 75b compacts, and a nice brushed stainless. The small ones were around $525-$550 with the stainless around $650. Not bad in my opinion. Picked up a PCR a month ago and a standard 75b today (used).

viking499
May 8, 2013, 02:58 PM
There is a new 75B standard model at a store around here for $729. I can give you their number and you can see if they will hold it for you, but at that price I'm sure it won't last long

Gouging at its best.

Pilot
May 8, 2013, 03:36 PM
Yep. New CZ-75B's are $499 in my area when you can find them, and I saw two recently. As I have a B, I didn't get another, but if they had an SP-01 I would have jumped all over it.

Kiln
May 8, 2013, 04:56 PM
Yep. New CZ-75B's are $499 in my area when you can find them, and I saw two recently. As I have a B, I didn't get another, but of they had an SP-01 I would have jumped all over it.
Yeah they're still going for around $500 or so here too from shops who aren't gouging.

hAkron
May 9, 2013, 08:22 AM
HAkron... Saw that on Armslist... Wow. Actually FIn Feather Fur up the road had several PCR (75 d compact), 75b compacts, and a nice brushed stainless. The small ones were around $525-$550 with the stainless around $650. Not bad in my opinion. Picked up a PCR a month ago and a standard 75b today (used).

Fin Feather and Fur is great. In early December they were still selling 75B's for $469.00. They are just s hair over $500 now, but they seem to be coming back down.

CZguy
May 9, 2013, 11:39 PM
I can find a variety of autoloading pistols on gunbroker, et. al. but I cannot find any CZ75s except for the decocker models.

Why are they so scarce? I know there's a panic on but CZs seem especially scarce right now.

Well.....the first thought that comes to my mind, is that there are several of us who hoard as many CZs as we can. :D

Roadking Rider
May 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
Three of them went to my house. CZ75B,CZPO-1, and my C&R jewel CZ 82. If I could find a PCR I'd snap it up to. Yes I am addicted.

hAkron
May 11, 2013, 10:46 PM
Just to make everybody feel bad about the recent crazy CZ prices, I'd like to rattle off a few deals off of the top of my head from the last two years (used)

PCR with box and 3 mags $399
P-07 duty LNIB - $299
CZ 75BD Police 2 mags, box, both sets of grips $350
CZ 75BD $400
CZ P-01 $375
Blued 99% condition CZ 85 transitional $425

KC.45
May 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
All this talk about not being able to fine a CZ75 but how about try and find a CZ97. I cant really find one anywhere

mes228
May 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
The CZ75 P07 Duty for $299 is a steal, a great pistol at a great price. Congratulations!!

richkratz
May 13, 2013, 08:54 AM
mes228 wrote:
The CZ75 P07 Duty for $299 is a steal, a great pistol at a great price. Congratulations!!

Agreed. These pistols are very much under the radar of shooters at the moment, but are very accurate guns. I know a few ppl who have owned them or own them currently and are pleased with their purchases.

Pilot
May 13, 2013, 09:37 AM
All this talk about not being able to fine a CZ75 but how about try and find a CZ97. I cant really find one anywhere
I haven't seen a CZ-97B in a gun store for probably a few years, and it is another CZ I have always wanted.

guyfromohio
May 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
+1 P-07..... Great gun! One of the best kept secrets.

Shuler13
May 16, 2013, 11:26 AM
impact guns has a cz75 bd right now at a pretty good price

9 fingers
May 16, 2013, 06:32 PM
Another CZ fan (even have a CZ hat and shirt). Love my 75b and my 83 in .380, the one in the top left of the pic. I also have 10 of their rifles, all excellent.
9 fingers
http://i45.tinypic.com/15gcnqv.jpg

armoredman
May 16, 2013, 07:26 PM
Pilot, what about the rarer CZ97B decocker model? Heard it's pretty nice.

Here's a random CZ pistol pic to whet the appetite, CZ 2075 RAMI in High Noon Double Jeopardy holster. California illegal 14 round factory extended magazine.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/High%20noon%20Gear/JoRAMIinDJ4_zps49fcf308.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/High%20noon%20Gear/JoRAMIinDJ4_zps49fcf308.jpg.html)

Pilot
May 17, 2013, 11:38 PM
Pilot, what about the rarer CZ97B decocker model? Heard it's pretty nice.

I don't think I've EVER seen a 97BD in a gun shop, while I have seen a few 97B's over the years, but not many and not in quite a while. I do prefer the manual safety CZ's a bit more than the decockers, not that I don't own decocker model CZ's, because I do, and they work great too.

spanishjames
May 27, 2013, 09:32 PM
Bud's has the P-07s and 75bd in stock right now. They also have the P-01 for those with VIP status.

the count
May 29, 2013, 08:04 PM
Polished stainless 75b anyone? Fingerprints? So what.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YHHqCVuKRhY/UOSu9aSEEyI/AAAAAAAAAFM/J5oQFu5TPNU/s800/20130102_155112.JPG

If you enjoyed reading about "Where have all the CZs gone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!