how to?

PDA

Potatohead
April 28, 2013, 11:12 AM
is their a way to save a thread to a folder or somewhere? like i asked everyone to tell me some websites they like and i'd like to save all of them (the posts) this is probably easy but im not very tech savvy

If you enjoyed reading about "how to?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
April 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
You want to bookmark them on your browser, probably in their own folder.

What web browser are you using?

Potatohead
April 28, 2013, 11:50 AM
mozilla

Derek Zeanah
April 28, 2013, 12:45 PM
When you visit a site you're interested in, you can just click the star off to the right of the site URL in the URL bar.

Or, and more usefully, you can right click on your bookmarks bar, add a new folder (call it "firearms sites" or something), then drag the icon to the left of the URL into the folder you created. Now, when you click on that folder you'll see the site below it.

Do this for all the sites you're interested in.

Texan Scott
April 28, 2013, 04:26 PM
Just "subscribe" to the thread.

Potatohead
April 28, 2013, 06:16 PM
thx guys

Reloadron
April 29, 2013, 08:01 AM
If you want to save an entire thread to a location on your computer that should be easily done. Using for example Mozilla Firefox just click File on the upper left and choose Save Page As from the drop down menu. The default Save As Type should be *.htm or *.html which is fine. Even though it says Save Page you will be saving the entire thread as of where it currently is. New post will obviously not be saved.

The default save location in Firefox should be your Downloads folder but you can create a folder and save to any location of your choice. The file can also be named whatever you wish.

So for example if I wanted to save your thread which I believe is this thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=714528) I would open the start of the thread and use the method I mentioned. Your thread is now saved to wherever you place it on your computer.

Feel free to ask any questions...

Ron

Walkalong
May 1, 2013, 10:51 PM
I do it two ways. I subscribe to threads. I have made many different folders to organize them. I also made a "THR Links" folder in my browser shortcuts to save threads and posts.

If you enjoyed reading about "how to?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!