Kimbers response

PDA

GoRon
March 16, 2004, 07:05 PM
I sent an E-Mail to Kimber regarding their VP's comments on the upcomming election. Here is their response:

Clarification of quote by Ryan Busse relating to upcoming election

A news report dated March 11, 2004, and brought to our attention by several Kimber owners contains what is presented as a quote from Kimber employee Ryan Busse.

The actual statement made by Mr. Busse was misquoted and presented out of context.

Mr. Busse did not state how he planned to vote in the upcoming national election. His actual statement simply expressed concern that some voters who traditionally support conservative candidates might switch affiliation in reaction to this development, and that he hoped this switch would not happen as it would not be good for either the preservation of hunting opportunity or second amendment rights.

Mr. Busse is a life-long supporter of the second amendment, hunting and conservation – as well as being politically conservative. It was not his intention to suggest or encourage a position that would in any way weaken second amendment rights or public hunting opportunity. Moreover, he was not representing Kimber when the statement was made.

Both Kimber and Mr. Busse apologize for this misunderstanding, and thank our customers for bringing it to our attention.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimbers response" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bruce H
March 16, 2004, 07:22 PM
Boy howdy, everybody is being misquoted and taken out of context lately.

gbelleh
March 16, 2004, 07:22 PM
I didn't hear about this...what was the comment??

greyhound
March 16, 2004, 07:36 PM
Boy howdy, everybody is being misquoted and taken out of context lately.

Is it just me, or did a lot of this kind of stuff go unchallenged before the internet became huge?

Standing Wolf
March 16, 2004, 08:59 PM
Is it just me, or did a lot of this kind of stuff go unchallenged before the internet became huge?

Not a recent development. Being quoted out of context was all the rage when Johann Gutenberg was toddling about in short trousers.

GoRon
March 16, 2004, 10:22 PM
Here is the link to the original thread

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70814&highlight=Ryan+Busse

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimbers response" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!