Crossbow target

PDA

dab102999
April 30, 2013, 11:43 AM
Age and elbow has determined that I have to switch from reg bow to crossbow. I have a "cube" type target (dont know brand off hand but was like $40 from a chain store) that is rated for both bows and crossbows but the crossbow sinks em in their so far have a hard time getting them out. Have been considering getting one of those bags and hanging them but for $80 I was wondering will this get me results I want. (Easier arrow/bolt removal) 90% of the shooting will be field points but when season comes there will be some broadheads tossed at it too. So I am asking what do you guys recomend for a target. And specific names would probably help here also. I have seen cubes as low as $30 and as high as $100 so I would like to get the most affortable target. Does not have to be a cube but they are convinent and light.

Also what ever target I get will eventually get hung. I would think that hanging a target will let the bolt not go so deep.

Bows that will be shot at it are rated around 320 f.p.s.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crossbow target" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stickwhistler
April 30, 2013, 01:47 PM
I found this video a couple of years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeSUVyP9uIM

It really works.
I use a 225lb Exomax (350 fps) and I can pull the arrows out with a finger and thumb.
Cheapest target ever - just recover the face with another piece of cardboard
when too many holes are there!

If you enjoyed reading about "Crossbow target" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!