Xtreme 147gr 9mm Unique load needed

PDA

Warners
May 2, 2013, 09:48 AM
Hey guys....looking for some direction here. I was lucky enough to get an email alert from TJ Conevera's in time last night to place an order for 1,000 X-Treme 147 grain RN plated bullets. Since I'm almost out of my HP38 powder, I'm going to have to start loading with the only stuff I could find recently....Unique powder. So I'm looking for some load data for the X-Treme bullets with the Unique powder....oh, and throw in the fact that I ONLY have Magnum small primers left to load with. My current 9mm load has been the the Berry's 124gr HBRN-TP bullets, using the HP38 powder. This is the load I've been using:

9mm Luger: 4.5gr HP38, Berry 124gr HBRN-TP, 1.135 OAL

I found a suggested load for the Unique and 147gr Gold Dot bullets on the Alliant site, but I'm wondering what adjustment I should make for the magnum primers. Here's the load that I found:

4.3gr Unique, 147gr Gold Dot, 1.113" OAL

Any suggestions would be helpful,

Warner

If you enjoyed reading about "Xtreme 147gr 9mm Unique load needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Beanie-Bean
May 2, 2013, 11:01 AM
Definitely keep digging around for load information. The only 147 gr. I've ever loaded were TC/flat nose, or JHP. The RN profile is different, and may require a different OAL.

Congrats on the projectile score, though--.355" is hard to find nowadays.

Walkalong
May 2, 2013, 03:14 PM
I would be comfortable loading an X-Treme bullet to 90% of jacketed daa with Unique. Stopping at 90% I doubt I would worry about the mag vs standard primer. Use the starting load and work up, checking velocity if you have a chrono, recoil pulse and case ejection as guides.

If you enjoyed reading about "Xtreme 147gr 9mm Unique load needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!