Security Guard engages multiply robbers (SHTF)

PDA

Kenneth Lew
March 16, 2004, 10:01 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/031604_local_guardshooting.html

1 vs. more than 3?

If you enjoyed reading about "Security Guard engages multiply robbers (SHTF)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
March 16, 2004, 10:06 PM
The entire incident happened around 1:30pm Tuesday. Although detectives believe the suspects knew exactly what they wanted, they didn't get away with a dime.

Well, yeah, but John Kerry will make sure they get the money the mean security guard unfairly deprived them of.

Kodiak AK
March 16, 2004, 10:25 PM
So did he have his trauma plate duct taped to his back?

jsalcedo
March 16, 2004, 11:12 PM
And the 300 win mag handi rifle in a quick release dash mount

Zan
March 16, 2004, 11:16 PM
I wonder if the guard was charged with anything?

modifiedbrowning
March 16, 2004, 11:54 PM
Sounds like this guard had some balls. Good for him, I sincerely hope he isn't charged with BS charge. I hope I have that kind of resolve when the SHTF.

Jim March
March 17, 2004, 01:16 AM
This is Texas. He should come out just fine.

Dude is a hardcase, lemme tell ya. Solo against three carloads, in an ambush? Jesus. You don't survive that without awareness, skills and balls.

strambo
March 17, 2004, 02:03 AM
Good job. Near Ambush 101...turn, and charge them shooting. So much for easy money.

Devonai
March 17, 2004, 07:32 AM
Security guard my butt, this guy was in Asset Protection.

I'm glad he's okay. Too many men in my former career field ended up a lot worse.

Pendragon
March 17, 2004, 01:54 PM
looks like the guy made a good showing.

interesting that the article says he shot first - clearly in danger, disparity of force, but I wonder how many people would be holding back, not wanting to jump into red if they thought they didnt have to.

also interesting that he got out of the car - probably a good idea in that case - 3 cars opening up on the drivers seat is pretty bad odds.

foghornl
March 17, 2004, 03:34 PM
Since it happened in the Greater Houston, TX area, I rather doubt the "Security Guy" will get charged with anything.......the way it ought to be everywhere in America.:D

benEzra
March 17, 2004, 04:08 PM
This reminds me a lot of an article in Combat Handguns several years ago, regarding an undercover British army officer who was stopped by a carload of IRA paras deep in republican territory. They were carrying AR's and such at the ready, and all he had was a Browning Hi-Power with a 20-rd mag. He feigned compliance, then rolled out of the car and dropped 3 of his opponents before they could react, then jumped back in his car and escaped.

Action beats reaction, I suppose?

VaughnT
March 17, 2004, 10:31 PM
Anyone hear what type of pistol the SecOff had? I'll bet it's a glock, probably in .40 S&W.

Gotta give the guy credit for having a plan. He's obviously had some training as a guy hired off the street wouldn't have acted with that kind of confidence and derring-do. Probably former military, though LEO is a possibility.

Great story. Pay not so much attention to the weapon that you wear as you do to the weapon that you are.

rde
March 17, 2004, 10:43 PM
I would guess..x-military. Certainly not X-LEO though.

strambo
March 17, 2004, 11:33 PM
The article does not mention if any of the attackers were armed? I would assume they were, but why wasn't that mentioned either way? Seems like important info.:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Security Guard engages multiply robbers (SHTF)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!