XD, XDM question

PDA

Iloadntie
May 3, 2013, 10:44 AM
Just a quick question. I'm getting a new holster for my XDM. I need to know if XD and XDM specs are interchangeable. I guess the answer is probably posted somewhere but this is my favorite site, the only one I post on. So thanks Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "XD, XDM question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dhracer
May 3, 2013, 10:56 AM
I went from an xd sub compact to an Xdm 3.8 and was able to use the same hybrid holster with no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

JTQ
May 3, 2013, 11:06 AM
I'm not that familiar with the XD line-up, but I think they have different barrel lengths between the regular XD's and XDM's.

For instance, in .45 ACP XD's, they have 4" and 5" (no doubt something else) barrels, while the XDM's have 3.8", 4.5", and 5.25" barrels. I think they also have different slide profiles.

I suspect a well made kydex holster would not fit both an XD and XDM. You may be able to use a somewhat sloppy fit leather or nylon holster for both.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php

allaroundhunter
May 3, 2013, 12:18 PM
No, a properly made holster will not fit both. You need to get a holster made for your specific firearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "XD, XDM question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!