Need Some Rossi 92 Help

PDA

TenDriver
May 5, 2013, 02:20 AM
It seems my ammo feeding problem this time is not a sticky follower, but the mag tube has become detached from the receiver. Would one of you fellow Rossi owners mind looking at where the tube attaches and see if you can tell if it's press-fit in there, welded, sealed, or unattached? I don't want anyone to disassemble anything to do this, but someone may have knowledge.

I already dinged up my fore grip monkeying with this thing and don't want to trial and error it to death.

Thanks y'all!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Some Rossi 92 Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
az_imuth
May 5, 2013, 09:25 AM
I have the 24" model and really couldn't tell anything from outward appearances, so I looked up the parts diagram on Rossi's site. If you have the carbine model, it looks like the pins/screws going through the front and rear bands hold the tube in position. The portion that connects to the receiver appears to be slipped into place without any retainer that I can see. Whether it is slip-fit or press-fit, I'm not sure. Since it is connected to the barrel at two different points I don't see how it could slip out of the receiver with the barrel in place.

See page 20 in the Rossi M92 Manual (http://www.rossiusa.com/pdf/rossi_manual_M92.pdf)

ASCTLC
May 5, 2013, 09:28 AM
I believe it is slip in fit as az_imuth states because I vaguely recall reading accounts of some losing the small screw from the front band allowing the tube to dislocate. Check that you still have the screw and that it is secureing the tube in place properly.

I have the Puma 92 carbine 38/357.

Andy

TenDriver
May 5, 2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys.

joecil
May 5, 2013, 10:42 AM
If you go to Rossi Rifleman forum, Ranch Dog has what he did to make it all work better together. It is and interesting read but seems to be a problem on the carbine round barrels only which I don't have. http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/

TenDriver
May 5, 2013, 12:52 PM
Excellent. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Some Rossi 92 Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!