America Unrecognizable

PDA

hunttheevil
May 5, 2013, 07:49 AM
Judge Jeanine rocks!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/05/04/Jeanine-Pirro-Says-America-Unrecognizable-in-2013-NRA-Annual-Meeting-Speech

If you enjoyed reading about "America Unrecognizable" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pilot
May 5, 2013, 08:05 AM
She is the real deal. I wish more New York women were like her, then maybe that state wouldn't be in trouble.

nathan
May 5, 2013, 10:58 AM
She is one of a kind. Kudos to her.

PabloJ
May 5, 2013, 11:24 AM
Judge Jeanine rocks!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/05/04/Jeanine-Pirro-Says-America-Unrecognizable-in-2013-NRA-Annual-Meeting-Speech
Her observations and assertions are correct. I was disappointed to see only those of caucasian race in the audience.

leprechaun50
May 5, 2013, 02:24 PM
Awesome! Dead on with all her points.

SabbathWolf
May 5, 2013, 03:29 PM
If we ever have a first woman as President.....I hope it's HER!!!!!!
She'd kick the cr*p out of Hillary Klintoon.

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t532/479WAbd/Smilies/3c81401c_zpsb5633732.gif

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t532/479WAbd/Smilies/537ea62f_zps80976fb5.gif

r1derbike
May 5, 2013, 03:50 PM
Intelligent, poised, truthful, and a lovely spokeswoman for our cause.

Two thumbs up...way up!

beatledog7
May 5, 2013, 04:18 PM
Well spoken, obviously heartfelt. She's a smart, tough, and BS-free lady. I'd like to see her as US AG.

BK
May 5, 2013, 07:29 PM
Her observations and assertions are correct. I was disappointed to see only those of caucasian race in the audience.

Interesting that you would bring race into the discussion. We see here a legion of Americans where the content of their character is a love of freedom, but you are disappointed with the color of their skin. Why is the color of one's skin at all relevant today?

PabloJ
May 5, 2013, 07:41 PM
Not bringing race into the discussion simply making an observation.

BK
May 5, 2013, 07:52 PM
Not bringing race into the discussion simply making an observation.

Incorrect. Your post brought up the race of the people in her audience. Before you mentioned it, it was not at all a part of this thread discussion. But you brought it up, input it in. Don't walk it back now to nothing more than "an observation". Again, how could skin color possibly have any relevance at all?

TheSaint
May 5, 2013, 07:55 PM
I would love to have her as our national A.G. We actually need someone who is willing to back up such poetic words with action. No more politically correct nonsense, more morally right behavior is what's needed!

beatledog7
May 5, 2013, 08:07 PM
I'd be interested in knowing also, PabloJ. Why is anyone's race relevant in the discussion?

BK
May 5, 2013, 08:15 PM
I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread but being a minority, whenever I detect racism, it strikes a cord.

PabloJ
May 5, 2013, 08:26 PM
It would be more comforting to see some Africans, Asians, Meso-and South Americans in that crowd. It looks like we need to recruit more people from those groups into our sport.

mljdeckard
May 5, 2013, 08:30 PM
It's tough to say she would beat HR Clinton, when she already lost to her for the NY senate seat.

BK
May 5, 2013, 08:31 PM
It would be more comforting to see some Africans, Asians, Meso-and South Americans in that crowd. It looks like we need to recruit more people from those groups into our sport.
How dare you. By saying that certain skin color would be more comforting you're then saying that it is less comforting to see people of another skin color in that crowd. Racism. Where do you get off thinking such garbage? How in the world does skin color comfort you?

Steel Horse Rider
May 5, 2013, 08:32 PM
I don't believe it is incumbent on us to do more than present the facts. People are free to choose servitude or liberty, just as they were when the wall fell on communism. It is sad to me that so many people in the former Soviet Union are choosing the bare existence of communist slavery over the opportunity to move above your past. Too many people here want to play the violin of oppression while their bellies are full.

OilyPablo
May 5, 2013, 08:39 PM
She is awesome.

I was just listening to the words while I worked on the other side of the room, so I did not see the audience. Sounded like the crowd appreciated freedom, or at least someone who speaks about freedom. Who wouldn't like that? What group?

blkbrd666
May 5, 2013, 08:40 PM
How dare you. By saying that certain skin color would be more comforting you're then saying that it is less comforting to see people of another skin color in that crowd. Racism. Where do you get off thinking such garbage? How in the world does skin color comfort you?

Touchy much?

Cosmoline
May 5, 2013, 08:42 PM
Good stuff from an eastern perspective.

Racism.

Demographics. Something we MUST be aware of. Because in the end demographics always prevail.

BK
May 5, 2013, 08:42 PM
Touchy much?

Forgive me for not sharing in the complacency you have toward racism.

To say that one or more races brings you comfort, another does not, is not demographics. It's no different than saying that the sight of a few Negros in the crowd made him uncomfortable and it would have been more comforting for them all to have been Aryan.

Cosmoline
May 5, 2013, 08:47 PM
It is if we're talking about the gun owning community, and the attendance at NRA conventions. The movement has a very bad rep for being dominated by white men of a certain outlook. That's changing, and will need to change more.

feedthehogs
May 5, 2013, 08:49 PM
Quit trying to pick a fight BK and throwing what ever minority status you are on the wall to stick.

I read Pablo's post and saw zero racist content. Get a grip.

The movement has a very bad rep for being dominated by white men of a certain outlook

If the NRA has a certain face to it, then just maybe that face cares much more about protecting their rights than others.

mljdeckard
May 5, 2013, 08:49 PM
Complacency towards racism? Not at all. Weariness of political correctness and rephrasing everything we say to avoid offending anyone? Absolutely.

BK
May 5, 2013, 08:51 PM
It is if we're talking about the gun owning community, and the attendance at NRA conventions.
It's appropriate to feel uncomfortable with someone's skin color... when the issue is the gun owning community and the attendance at NRA conventions?

I don't follow.
I read Pablo's post and saw zero racist content.
He's uncomfortable with particular skin color(s). I guess that being racist or not is in the eye of the beholder.

Cosmoline
May 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
It's appropriate to worry that the attendance is overwhelmingly white and male (assuming it is--I haven't seen figures). And it's appropriate to worry that demographic support needs to be broadened. Those who point out this problem should not be accused of "racism" against white males. Women and Latinos for example are critical demographics for success.

wgaynor
May 5, 2013, 08:58 PM
Quit looking for a reason to have hurt feelings BK. We're all on the same team here. Any of us can pick a million things to get offended about daily, but most choose not to. Now, hug, makeup, and quit complainin' before this thread gets locked.

BK
May 5, 2013, 09:00 PM
It's appropriate to worry that the attendance is overwhelmingly white and male
That's not what he said.
It would be more comforting to see some Africans, Asians, Meso-and South Americans in that crowd.
He said said his comfort level is affected by skin color. I think we play into the PC game when we think that race is a relevant issue with which to judge a group. Since there are not enough darkies in the crowd, someone gets uncomfortable. Weariness of political correctness (worrying about the skin color of the crowd) in an effort to avoid offending anyone (who holds skin color above character) is the wrong approach IMO.

I'm not trying to pick a fight guys. I just hate this PC bull crap about skin color and how uncomfortable people get when a crowd gathers that isn't "diverse".

Geno
May 5, 2013, 09:04 PM
She's an awesome lady. Thanks for the heads-up on the speech. I enjoyed watching it.

Geno

leprechaun50
May 5, 2013, 11:40 PM
It's appropriate to worry that the attendance is overwhelmingly white and male (assuming it is--I haven't seen figures). And it's appropriate to worry that demographic support needs to be broadened. Those who point out this problem should not be accused of "racism" against white males. Women and Latinos for example are critical demographics for success.

This country is made up of all different races and nationalities and it would seem to me that we should be reaching out to those whose interests, whether they be the Second Amendment, or just the freedom that this country was founded on. If we are to keep our freedoms it will take all of us working together.

fanchisimo
May 5, 2013, 11:40 PM
I understand what both sides are saying, it would be better if there were more minorities in the crowd, but the moral right is whoever bought a ticket was there. I don't know if this speech was a ticketed event, but you can't Title 9 an NRA speech and have quotas of how many tickets each race gets. Then if a certain amount aren't filled, nobody gets them. If the people who bought tickets were white males, that's who's gonna show up.

SabbathWolf
May 5, 2013, 11:43 PM
That's not what he said.

He said said his comfort level is affected by skin color. I think we play into the PC game when we think that race is a relevant issue with which to judge a group. Since there are not enough darkies in the crowd, someone gets uncomfortable. Weariness of political correctness (worrying about the skin color of the crowd) in an effort to avoid offending anyone (who holds skin color above character) is the wrong approach IMO.

I'm not trying to pick a fight guys. I just hate this PC bull crap about skin color and how uncomfortable people get when a crowd gathers that isn't "diverse".

No. You ARE trying to pick a fight over stupid stuff.
The voting blocks in America ARE diverse, whether you like it or not.
And wanting to see more people from those groups as well is not racist whatsoever. In fact, it would be quite helpful.

I agree with wgaynor...You are just looking for a reason to have hurt feelings.

mister_murphy
May 6, 2013, 12:33 AM

While I do support other countries advancing their freedems in respect to firearms, I'm not sure what having folks from other countries will help with the US political climate, beyond trying to establish norms around the world. If your talking about hyphinated-americans, well, I was always told you cant be something your not, nor can you serve two masters. I dont care what race, color, creed, religon, etc, an american is...Its that they are american and want to keep america moving forward to be the best that it can be. Thats what is important. Other countries and the hyphinated-americans, well, I see that as a side show, and my rights arent a circus.

TanklessPro
May 6, 2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the post of the great video.

Sad part is that it was highjacked very soon after posting. Doesn't seem very HIGHROAD?

SabbathWolf
May 6, 2013, 12:48 AM
I don't have a problem with hyphenated-Americans at all.
I see it as a way of honoring your ancestors and lineage.
It has nothing to do with serving two masters.
I mean, I "could" call myself a Saxon-American if I wanted to.
I don't.
But it wouldn't hurt anybody at all if I did so long as I remain loyal to America.

TRX
May 6, 2013, 07:48 AM
>I don't have a problem with hyphenated-Americans at all.

I do. You're either an American, or you're not.

I don't care where your parents came from, or where you came from before you got your citizenship.

Jim, West PA
May 6, 2013, 08:34 AM
Fellas, please take your off topic conversation to PMs so this thread doesn't get closed.

Squeaky Wheel
May 6, 2013, 08:45 AM
That was an outstanding speech. Thanks for sharing the link. We need more people like her to stand up.

SSN Vet
May 6, 2013, 11:58 AM
+1,000

she rocks!!!

Walkalong
May 6, 2013, 05:12 PM
That's changing, and will need to change more.As all things change. Some people just are not patient enough for change to happen naturally, but it always changes.

docnyt
May 6, 2013, 06:02 PM
Can the five million NRA votes propel this lady to the Presidency? :)

If you enjoyed reading about "America Unrecognizable" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!