Need a trainer in the Columbus OH area...

PDA

Strings
March 17, 2004, 12:29 AM
Hey... somoene in the Columbus area: I have a female friend in need of training / help selecting a semi auto pistol. Preferably a certified instructor. Anybody able to help? She's in Franklin. Barter for mead is a definate possibility... ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a trainer in the Columbus OH area..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ninj500
March 17, 2004, 12:42 AM
Check out OhioCCW.org and follow the link to the Education Foundatioin or email at Gvalentino@ofcc.net.

swingset
March 17, 2004, 04:32 AM
Laura Deal is teaching classes at The Powder Room in Powell. Kinda busy with all the the CCW stuff right now, I imagine but you can call and see. If your friend is like my wife, she'll enjoy having a female instructor.

http://www.powderrm.com/classes.htm

Atticus
March 17, 2004, 10:10 AM
Look up "Falconer" here at THR. He is, or is going to be, a certified trainer...and has been shooting on the Ohio State team for a few years.
Drop him a PM. Oh...and I believe he is a consumer of mead.

Nazirite
March 17, 2004, 12:36 PM
Most of the gun stores in the Columbus, Ohio area have OCCW pamphlet info. The class might be a good thing for her to attend, I’ve been thinking about getting a ccw but that all depends on the specifics of the law.

Stoney
March 17, 2004, 02:56 PM
Tell her to call the New Albany Shooting Range (614-939-0112) They offer private and group training. I did my CCW class there, and it was well worth the cost.

Orion
March 17, 2004, 10:07 PM
Either Bill or DAn, The owners of the Powder Room will be more than happy to point her in the right direction for a firearm. they will be more concerned about what she needs and wants than making a sale. Laura Deal is a great instructor too. she would do well to visit them.

Nothing like dealing with the owner when you want more truth than sales pitch.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a trainer in the Columbus OH area..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!