Do you believe in advertising your opinions?

PDA

dav
March 17, 2004, 12:19 AM
I just got my new "vanity" license plates: on car (http://davrow.us/images/carkba.jpg) and empty plate (http://davrow.us/images/plate.jpg)

I know many here believe strongly that "advertising" increases risk, and that others are tired of being PC (politically correct).

So I thought I should start a poll, just too see how many are on each side of that question.

Do you advertise? Would you if you found something appropriate? Or do you think it is a bad idea?

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you believe in advertising your opinions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Beetle Bailey
March 17, 2004, 12:40 AM
I voted for "I don't advertise, but I talk with anyone."

There is gang activity in my area and I don't want my car to be a target. Besides, I doubt I can do much to dialogue with fellow motorists while I am driving around town ;) .

OTOH, I will talk with anyone about my beliefs regarding RKBA. I think I can make some good logical arguments for any fence-sitters and if someone is irrationally anti-gun, I just say, "Well, if you aren't even going to listen to what I have to say, why are we having this discussion?" :scrutiny: :D :neener:

BTW, if I want to offend someone :p , when they say, "But all guns are designed to kill people!" I just answer "Not all guns are designed to kill people. Some are designed for target, competiton, or hunting. But I don't buy those kind. :neener: "

(Editted to add the following:) ) I'm joking about the last part (but they don't need to know ;) ). I'd be interested in any and all of those activities.

nico
March 17, 2004, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't say that I only talk about it with friends, but I wouldn't talk about it with anyone either. My boss for example (along with just about all of my other coworkers), is a die hard democrat, so I'd be very wary of discussing guns with her.

Black Majik
March 17, 2004, 12:47 AM
We all share a common problem, living in California.

I grew up here most of my life, and I know this state considers anything firearm related to be taboo. That's why I only discuss this hobby amongst friends. I wont even bring it up to acquaintances, cuz for all I care, they're on a need to know basis until our relationship is further established.

My close friends though, I think they're getting tired of all my aquisitions and blabber. :o

In the end though, of my group in still the only one that's a hardcore shooter. I have a few that ask to go to the range every once in a while, and only 1 other friend that has a gun (S&W Model 29 his dad gave to him). Still even amongst our friends, they still view guns as kinda taboo. :(

And all this time I was hoping Counterstrike would change all that :neener:

pax
March 17, 2004, 12:50 AM
I saw a single-panel comic once. Fellow standing at the door with a clipboard. Homeowner inside the open door, saying, "Well, she's not here -- but anyone on the block could give you her opinion."

;)

pax

A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have enlightened him with ours.

Beetle Bailey
March 17, 2004, 12:53 AM
I guess I should clarify. I don't go around asking people if they are gunowners or how they feel about gun ownership, but I don't let a anti-gun comment go unanswered either. I just try to say calm and reason with 'em ;) .

And all this time I was hoping Counterstrike would change all that

Patience. . .;)

Ala Dan
March 17, 2004, 12:59 AM
For security reasons I don't display any type of
firearms affilliation decals on my car. I figure that is a
sure invitation for thieves to target your vechile; but
I will discuss freely and very openly my beliefs on gun
ownership, with just about anyone!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Black Majik
March 17, 2004, 01:20 AM
Patience... :)

Heh, its a lost cause. This guy enjoys shooting w. me, I took him to shoot trap and he absolutely loved it, but he wont consider buying a gun.

As for counterstrike influencing him? He's been playing for a few yrs now, gets #1 on the top 15 list at the UCI cyberzone... I dont think Counterstrike will influence him anymore. :o

Still most of my friends frown on me buying more firearms. They wonder how I can drop so much money on a.... gun....

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you believe in advertising your opinions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!