ak bayonet help

PDA

Bhi curamach
May 7, 2013, 02:30 AM
Hello,probably not the best site for this but my 9 year old son and I have started collecting Ak/akm/ak74 bayonets. Also general com bloc oiler bottles but that's a completely different post for sure.
I picked up one today that I did minimal research on. I suspect polish but could br wrong.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
I'm aware of tihe AK bayonets of the world site, feel free to mention others.
Its a type 2 withir brown/white/reddish swirled handle. Mostly brown.. its similar to my Romy bayou but less reddish/maroon and more brown. All the romys ive seen/owened have been very unniform red/maroon.
this one is a lot more mottled brown with white and some reddish hues.
it does have a likely Romanian leather strap on the handle.
The serial # starts with NK.
any thoughts on country of origin?
I'm guessing polish or Romy but handle could be Russian according to a few website photos. Scabbard is different than my Romy in color/finish.
actually type is somewhat confusing as I see it listed as type 1 or 2. Its the older style with the ball handle rnd not the squared off handle. I cant keep them straight...

If you enjoyed reading about "ak bayonet help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Texan Scott
May 7, 2013, 02:51 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8912583#post8912583

Enjoy!

If you enjoyed reading about "ak bayonet help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!