SigP220 Questions

PDA

Collector0311
May 7, 2013, 07:12 PM
I've got an old P220 I don't know much at all about. I know there are some avid Sig guys in the ranks here who would know more than I.
Frame and slide matching serials: G232878
Etched "Made in W. Germany" on right side of slide.
Excellent shape, light wear, just wondering about the age, possible story behind this west German pistol
Thanks gents

If you enjoyed reading about "SigP220 Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GCMkc
May 7, 2013, 08:48 PM
There should be a 2 letter date code marked on the bottom of the slide - muzzle end. Here's Sig's coding system. This will give you the year of manufacture.

Sig Sauer Date Codes:

A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
J = 8
K = 9

I've got a W.German P220 with the Euro magazine release (JE date, 1984) and it's been a great gun. My father purchased it back in the 80's and it's been handed down to me. I have to say that the more I carry it the more I like it. It's slim and fairly lightweight with the stamped slide and alloy frame. The trigger on it is fantastic and the reset is even better. Liked it so much that I had to get a compact version. So, I picked up a P245 a couple weeks ago with night nights and did a DAO to DA/SA conversion. I need to get it out the range ASAP but I literally have 25rds of ammo and it's for my EDC mags. I need to get my hands on some newer SIG hardware.

Check out SIGforum too. They should have lots of knowledge to give you.

If you enjoyed reading about "SigP220 Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!