D.C Protest

PDA

627PCFan
May 7, 2013, 09:21 AM
File this under "This should be interesting" if it occurs.

Adam Kokesh, 31, is planning a July 4 rally of pro-gun activists openly carrying rifles from Virginia to Washington as an act of "civil disobedience."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/adam-kokesh-organizes-rifle-march-on-dc-2013-5#ixzz2Sc3G9ajG

http://www.businessinsider.com/adam-kokesh-organizes-rifle-march-on-dc-2013-5

(Mods move to activism if you see fit)

If you enjoyed reading about "D.C Protest" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Piratesailor
May 7, 2013, 09:31 AM
Stupidity...

nathan
May 7, 2013, 10:42 AM
Add the high cap magazines to make the libs uneasy

Ryanxia
May 7, 2013, 11:04 AM
His heart is in the right place, but it's a fine line he's treading.
If it's time to march, march in earnest.

zxcvbob
May 7, 2013, 11:09 AM
You don't draw a line in the sand and then march over it yourself. This looks like a disaster in the make.

Kokesh wants to get arrested, and that's OK, but he is taking hundreds of people down with him -- and risks starting a "police riot" or an all-out shooting war. If he had at least 100000 and organized it properly it might work.

627PCFan
May 7, 2013, 11:21 AM
On July 4th, with DC filled with visitors, and police already short staffed because of budgets, and that many people... I imagine they would have the National Guard on standby.

Solo
May 7, 2013, 11:38 AM
Why not have everyone carrying a 30 round AR magazine. You know, for first amendment purposes.

roadcoder
May 7, 2013, 12:08 PM
OMG, this sounds like a total retart in action. Look, the security concerns following the Marathon bombing present enough challenges. This sounds like the action of people not skilled enough to mount a responsible protest.

Sam1911
May 7, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure this is an auspicious moment for such a thing. We've just WON pretty big on the national stage, and every one of the losses we've suffered are in a few states, not involved in this protest.

Folks' tensions are running pretty high and probably the best thing would be if we let those tensions cool a bit while we let gun issues drift back out of the public consciousness, rather than alarming Joe and Jane public in TV land with an armed march on the Capitol. Hate to get a couple hundred thousand folks SCARED enough to start calling their Congresscritters.

ontarget
May 7, 2013, 12:42 PM
I am all about making ourselves heard and even with the recent victories in congress we should never let up. However, this does sound like a disaster waiting to happen. All it will take is 1 person in the crowd to have a different agenda and pull a trigger. Then what? Or some kid to think it would be funny to light a fire cracker (4th of July!!!) If even 1 shot were fired it would turn against us so fast that we wouldn't know what happened.
I just hope these fella's are more disciplined than most of the Marines I served with.

50 cal
May 8, 2013, 12:22 AM
Has anyone heard about the loaded rifle protest at our nations capital on July 4rth? Im not sure if its for real, but its a march against tyranny, not laws. I don't have a link.

rookorami
May 8, 2013, 12:26 AM
I have seen something about that but I am not sure it is the best idea. Some like the idea of showing up in numbers but I have a feeling if it does happen the media will have a hay day with it. I think it will do more to induce fear of the gun owner to the average Joe and give them something to show how "crazy" we are. Occupy may have been held in high regard for what they did but even if we all show up nothing goes wrong we will still be painted in a bad light.

climbnjump
May 8, 2013, 12:31 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think it sounds like a really bad idea for more than a few reasons.

Some background info on it here: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/04/an-armed-march-on-washington-lets-not/

gspn
May 8, 2013, 12:41 AM
When I read the initial story I thought there's no way anyone could be that foolish.

It's a guaranteed way to get arrested...and not have anything to show for it.

Hypnogator
May 8, 2013, 12:52 AM
It's a guaranteed way to get arrested...and not have anything to show for it.
We can only hope. I'm afraid that some hothead will violently resist, resulting in dead cops and dead protesters. End result: Gun Owners = Terrorists! :banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss::fire:

c4v3man
May 8, 2013, 12:54 AM
Whether or not it is a hoax, or cancelled, I'd bet security will be present at the border that day. There is a outright guarantee that shots will be fired if such an march occurred, the best you could hope for would be that the shots fired would be tear gas, before the group was dispersed/forcibly disarmed and detained.

While I disagree with Washington DC's special status in regards to citizens rights, or lack thereof, this is absolutely not the right way to win them for the citizens of DC, or any citizens of the US.

gunnutery
May 8, 2013, 01:12 AM
I had this idea months ago and thought it'd be cool if the numbers were so large arrests wouldn't even make a dent on the protest. However, for us, you know, law abiding people, we don't want to be arrested. We also don't want our rifles confiscated, especially in this panic season where we can't just go replace them.

My other thoughts are even darker. I wouldn't put it past .gov to plant a few people to fire off a couple shots from nearby to cause trouble and demonize us further.

I like the thought and the intent of the protest, but the variables are too great and out of our control to try this out. There is too much at stake.

RetiredUSNChief
May 8, 2013, 01:39 AM
A LOADED rifle protest?

IMO, the people organizing this are screwed in the head. Either that, or they're working for the other side.

There is a complete lack of common sense evident with this.

r1derbike
May 8, 2013, 02:39 AM
Looks like a nice trip sans weapon to the basement of the Pentagon for some debriefing will probably be the order of the day. Then a lengthy lockup, and some felonies attached, to assure a long stay at a federal lockup.

Brilliant idea. Hope it's a hoax.

herrwalther
May 8, 2013, 02:51 AM
I saw something about it posted on my FB timeline yesterday morning. It is organized by a former Marine who hopes to have 10,000 other supporters with him. I highly doubt he will reach that many considering he has become a very vocal anti-war and anti-military speaker since leaving the Marines. Personally I don't think it is going to end well for him. USA today carried the story I read.

A Marine Corps veteran who became a vocal anti-war activist is rounding up armed followers to march peacefully into the nation's capital on Independence Day as "an act of civil disobedience."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2142469

Texan Scott
May 8, 2013, 07:07 AM
Bear in mind that once you start down the "armed civil disobedience" road, you can no longer claim to be a "peaceable law abiding citizen", because you'll have chosen not to be.

Claiming the power of armed intimidation comes at the price of being seen to publicly renounce civil democratic discourse. You can't have it both ways, and it's an impossible step to take back. The public will always remember that you once mobbed the streets with guns.

It hasn't come to this. It isn't time for this. Let's NOT do this. This is foolish.

Sam1911
May 8, 2013, 07:34 AM
Is this what you've heard about?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=715746

bikerdoc
May 8, 2013, 08:40 AM
Not a very well thought idea.

Outlaw Man
May 8, 2013, 08:58 AM
You know, if he were trying to organize a march carrying Nerf guns or some other obviously unloaded "armed" protest, I'd be there. I had been considering a trip to Gettysburg for the 150th anniversary with a stop in DC for the fireworks, but I'm not going anywhere near this train wreck.

We NEED a huge March on DC, but this is definitely not the right way.

Grmart
May 8, 2013, 09:14 AM
When that idiot tries to cross a bridge into DC it will look like Concord in 1775!

But I don't think that'll ever happen. He'll chicken out.........

Cheers,

George

Bruno2
May 8, 2013, 09:24 AM
I think it could have some positive results. Starters, how would look if the militarized police stopped everyone before they got there? Also how would it look in the public eye if they were allowed, but there was a huge military presence in the streets as well? Just seems to me like it confirm the peoples biggest fears of we are no longer living in a free nation. Obama just gave a speech at a University where he was trying push a belief that the gov doesn't want to control people and that people should trust the gov. Sounds to me like the gov is concerned about their image here of lately.

According to the second amendment, if you look at it from a view of what it is actually for, isn't it in place as a threat? We have guns and don't make us use them for a revolution. I see it as basically having a gun at the politicians head at all times. Like it or not, this is what it is.

Sam1911
May 8, 2013, 09:33 AM
Hmmm... how will it look to the folks in TV land if a bunch of uniformed police officers stop/arrest/detain a bunch of (fill in the blank? "Yahoos" might be one word that an average person might apply...) who try to march on Washington with loaded rifles? Who do you think the average non-gun-owning citizen (and a whole lot of the gun-owning ones as well) are going to look on more favorably?

The officers, or the militia guys? (Yeah, I know they aren't militia ... well, depending on your definition, maybe they are!)

What is the 2nd Amendment FOR? Resistance to tyranny. But when you arm yourself and march on the Capitol in direct violation of the law, you're declaring yourself to now be in official revolt. The number of people actually ready for armed revolt is still very, VERY low. Such a thing requires a response. (Call it a backlash, if you will.) You either break that backlash and prevail, or that backlash breaks YOU and you are subjugated. If we haven't reached critical mass to prevail, we run the grave risk of being hit hard by the backlash these guys trigger.

Midwest
May 8, 2013, 10:12 AM
Someone suggested an armed march on DC back in 1994. It didn't happen obviously but one wonders if it did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Thompson_%28attorney%29

If it happened and it turned out bad...today we could be discussing the 100 day waiting period and the $500 yearly license fee just to buy a single shot .22 cal rifle...

Or....

If it turned out good...we could be patting ourselves on the back for overturning the 1968 GCA ,1934 NFA gun control laws and nationwide constitutional carry....

Since it didn't happen...I think caution is the order of the day for the DC Protest. Maybe empty holsters and household brooms would be good substitutes for pistols and rifles.

From Wiki
Proposed march on Washington

"In 1994 Thompson declared herself "Acting Adjutant General" of the "Unorganized Militia of the United States" and announced plans for an armed march on Washington, D.C. in September of that year. She declared that militiamen would arrest and try for treason in "Citizen's Courts" those Congressional representatives not living up to their oath of office. The proposed march was almost denounced by groups on the right wing, including the John Birch Society.[2] Thompson soon cancelled the march.[10] Later she was arrested for blocking a President Bill Clinton motorcade in Indianapolis and several weapons were found in her automobile.[2][3]"

cassandrasdaddy
May 8, 2013, 10:32 AM
publicity stunt with a built in rip cord. he will only go if he gets enough followers. is ghe relying on his web persona as sole means of support? is he trying to keep the cards letters and checks flowing ? i hope so. otherwise this will end poorly.

Piratesailor
May 8, 2013, 11:10 AM
His heart is in the right place, but it's a fine line he's treading.
If it's time to march, march in earnest.
I've been debating this with my wife and brother recently. As it turns out, my wife is a bit more militaristic than I am. She has asked the question - at what point do we actually use our arms to defend our freedoms against a government? When it's too late? She's ready to go.

My brother's approach is to live to fight another day in other ways besides a gun (he owns many and is on a rifle team).

So at what point do we protest? After we've gone over some type of cliff or before?

Quite frankly, if he had 10,000+ people with him then I'd say success. But he won't and it will look stupid and maybe turn out bad.

I believe that if this is done, it shouldn't be solely about guns but the corruption in our government, the ruling elite and our national debt as well as jobs and the overall economy. It should also be millions of people.

r1derbike
May 8, 2013, 01:43 PM
So it's true. The MSM will have a field day with this, even if they turn around at the "line in the sand". No good will come of this. None.

Leave the guns at home. Peaceful protests don't include loaded firearms slung across backs. They will only serve as an antagonist of the worst kind.

RetiredUSNChief
May 8, 2013, 04:07 PM
I sometimes wonder if retards like this aren't actually working for the other side...

:mad:

Midwest
May 8, 2013, 04:16 PM
I sometimes wonder if retards like this aren't actually working for the other side...

:mad:
I was thinking along the same lines.

Midwest
May 8, 2013, 04:17 PM
I've been debating this with my wife and brother recently. As it turns out, my wife is a bit more militaristic than I am. She has asked the question - at what point do we actually use our arms to defend our freedoms against a government? When it's too late? She's ready to go.

Some have said that the only time we will need the Second Amendment is when they try to take it away.

lionking
May 8, 2013, 07:46 PM
Someone please get these people planning this to invoke some common sense and not do this.

It will hurt our cause not help. We just fought back the anti's and won on a national level for the main part.

These actions would be those of a extremist who has become blinded by a cause.

Peaceful unarmed rally yes, armed rally NO! The day that martial law is declared, when the constitution is nullified, when elections are nullified, when troops are in the streets upholding this then maybe this might be justified but we are nowhere near that.

Just because one doesn't get their exact way law wise politically doesn't mean they are justified in making a hissy fit declaring "the tree of liberty must be refreshed " motto and following through on it.

I swear I have read the opinions of both extreme left and right following politics and they are both so wrapped up in their own mind that nobody else matters and this is what that would portray.

This proposed action by them would give the anti's the best propaganda to use against us that they could hope for.

lionking
May 8, 2013, 08:05 PM
quote: " at what point do we actually use our arms to defend our freedoms against a government? "

Elections are still held, and transfer always occurs peacefully. About the only thing close to tyranny recently election wise is when Bloomberg changed the law so he could be 3rd term which was a power hunger move.

We just won against the anti's most gun bans or restrictions have been stopped.

You can still do a pro-gun rally with signs ONLY and not be beat or shot down by cops like what happens in Egypt, Syria, Cuba, and a host of other countries.

Any bad law can still be voted back or overturned.

So what's the problem? Just because things might not go your way at the moment politically doesn't mean the U.S.A has fallen into a dictatorship and your rights revoked permanently.

There might be some aspects of a political climate you don't agree with but you still have the ability to change it peacefully. we are not some 3rd world country like mentioned above.

Yo Mama
May 8, 2013, 08:25 PM
lionking is right on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I hate to say this, those that break the law are no better than those that write bad law.

zxcvbob
May 8, 2013, 09:23 PM
I hate to say this, those that break the law are no better than those that write bad law.

That kind of depends on the law, doesn't it? (think Nuremberg Defense)

Green Lantern
May 8, 2013, 10:56 PM
Maybe we should be doing Activism to try and talk this guy OUT of doing this, or to at least leave the firearms out of it...

+1

r1derbike
May 8, 2013, 11:20 PM

:mad:I guess we'll know for sure when they get a, "wink, nod, say no more" at the D.C. side of the bridge?

The-Reaver
May 9, 2013, 12:39 AM
Bout time we got this boat on the road.

Believe the count is up to 2k something.

Kiln
May 9, 2013, 05:30 AM
I think that his methods aren't perfect but this sort of thing is exactly what we need to put the country where it should be. How long do you allow states to step on American rights?

We are not slaves. The founding fathers of this country fought to ensure that we would never be slaves. They laid out the groundwork to protect us from our own government and unless we protect it, we'll lose it.

Open protest and civil disobedience is exactly what we need. If we're called terrorists then so be it. The people who fought the British to win the right to freedom were once called the same.

dragon813gt
May 9, 2013, 06:04 AM
This is such a bad move and the organizer has to be one of the biggest idiots around. This is nothing more than a way for him to get his name in the news. This will not do any good for the pro gun agenda. The media will paint it that we are all wackos. We don't need this. The Bonus Army was a lot bigger w/ legitimate issues. Look at how it turned out for them.

Brought to you by TapaTalk

jbrown50
May 9, 2013, 09:07 AM
It's obviously a publicity stunt.

Adam Kokesh is intelligent enough to know that the news media would never paint this in anything but a negative light no matter how well it went.

alsaqr
May 9, 2013, 09:26 AM
IMO: Anyone who would follow Adam Kokesh to DC needs his head examined.

Kokesh comes from a very wealthy family. Assuming that Adam Kokesh doesn't start a shooting contest; his rich dad will soon bail him out of jail. Many of his followers will not be as lucky, they will rot in the DC jail.

More about Adam Kokesh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh

X-Rap
May 9, 2013, 09:28 AM
Do the march with a full magazine in hand, it will still be against the law so the gov will have to make a choice on arrests but still only symbolic since no functioning guns would be present.
It will also be a good test for future protests. I think 10,000 people with a 30 rd mag held high over their head would make a statement in DC with out disturbing the sensibilities of the rabbit people.

sota
May 9, 2013, 09:37 AM
the soap box
the ballot box
the jury box
the cartridge box

the first 2 have been used with effect so far. the third is being used as we speak (Colorado recall attempts, NY SAFE getting challenged hard, no idea what CT is up to yet thoug, SCOTUS has cases it can decide on, etc.) a march on the capital with LOADED firearms is the fourth box. We are not there yet. It should be a SOAP BOX march. As much as it pains me sometimes to be the calm, level headed one during some "debates" about this topic in the real world I have no choice but to be so if I wish to prevail.

RetiredUSNChief
May 9, 2013, 09:56 AM
Just a side note.

I finally had time to do some research on Adam Kokesh...and I've come to the conclusion that he's not just a retard...he's a malicious retard.

I've no doubt that he, as someone who willfully violated the rules and regulations on a number of occasions, probably didn't have a "stellar" reputation during his day-to-day life in the military (and non-military) life, either.

He deliberately violated regulations by bringing home a pistol from the Iraq War in 2004. He deliberately violated regulations by attending a political protest in uniform. He was deliberately disrespectful to officers in charge over him. He's been involved in stirring up hate and discontent over muslim postings on campus.

"Disaffected" is a good descriptor for him. "Treoublemaker" would be putting it in clearer terms.

Texan Scott
May 9, 2013, 03:45 PM
Wouldn't using the internet across state lines to not only advocate but ATTEMPT TO CARRY OUT a large -scale gun crime constitute a federal felony conspiracy? They could pick this guy up for questioning NOW if they really WANTED to prevent this.

toiville2feathers
May 9, 2013, 04:26 PM
The Idea of marching on D.C. is OK, Just make sure you have the marchers committed to marching. Remember the "Millions Moms" march. There numbers fell way short of that mark, which took quite a bit of fizz of that march.
Doing it with loaded weapons is absolute insanity. That will give a big negative impression on the gun owners of America and the 2nd ammendment supporters. Placards and signs would be a better way to protest.
If none of the above makes any sense to you, then tell me how you would re-act to a show of force (Armed to the Teeth) from the U.S. Military in your local 4th of July Parade. Would that upset you.
Adam Kokesh is not someone who should be representing RKBA for us. His past actions prove that to me. Some of these people are using RKBA as a cover for their un-american activities. We need to start policing our own ranks and expose them for what they are. If we don't we are headed out on a difficult course

ilbob
May 9, 2013, 06:14 PM
I wonder if he can find even one person dumb enough to follow him.

cassandrasdaddy
May 9, 2013, 06:38 PM
why do i envision kokesh as lt thomas keifer in the caine mutiny

edited for wrong movie

r1derbike
May 9, 2013, 07:41 PM
I would hope that people along the bridge would hold-up signs saying, "The Law Abiding Gun Owners of America Condemn This March and its Leader".

An anti loaded weapon protest, if you will. Yeah, it's sad we may have to fight among ourselves for the common good, but you just can't fix stupid.

Jim K
May 9, 2013, 07:43 PM
A really bad idea and a potential disaster for the pro-gun movement. I hope the idea goes away quickly.

Jim

TennJed
May 10, 2013, 01:54 AM
Seems more like someone craving attention than fighting a cause. I respect him as much as I do Michael moore

Trent
May 10, 2013, 04:33 AM
If this starts to look serious, they will arrest him prior to the March. It'll knock the wind out of the sails. Big public trial, no March occurring, dude goes to prison, and people forget about it in a year.

Seen this happen before, not in DC, but in Illinois. They already have a proven game plan for this scenario.

They'll confront him ahead of time, get him all riled up on a recording, and take him down on some obscure law (such as IL's "intimidation of law enforcement" felony).

Game over, goodnight.

thorazine
May 10, 2013, 05:03 AM
I would hope that people along the bridge would hold-up signs saying, "The Law Abiding Gun Owners of America Condemn This March and its Leader".

Which is why if his march looks like it is going to become realty a counter protest needs to become a realty now.

627PCFan
May 10, 2013, 09:14 AM
And if you mount a visible protest against, the ANTI's are going to see that as dissention in the ranks/weakness and use it against us. They will NOT see it in the light you hope they would.

Green Lantern
May 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
And if you mount a visible protest against, the ANTI's are going to see that as dissention in the ranks/weakness and use it against us. They will NOT see it in the light you hope they would.

Given what could happen if he goes through with it, the antis seeing distension in our ranks might be the best possible outcome...!

Hoping something like what Trent says comes to pass, so it does not come to that. The "powers that be" COULD stop this before it starts...NDAA anyone? If the .gov has the power to lock anyone away forever by claiming they're a "terrorist," may as well do something positive with it.

However, I for one would have no problem believing that TPTB would choose to let the guy proceed in order to have more bad press for 2A supporters.

TennJed
May 11, 2013, 11:17 AM

Personally I would prefer "dissension" in our ranks over people like this idiot (and Alex Jones) being viewed as part of "us" I don't want this guy representing me and I don't want him as part of our "ranks".

dark.zero.x
May 12, 2013, 04:00 PM
Personally from what I can tell, this is not a protest only for gun rights or just the second amendment, but for the whole of the constitution.

If you look at the recent history of "peaceful protest" in this country it shows one group attempting to coerce the other with means of force (be it less lethal or otherwise)

Has anyone to this point used more than one aspect of the rights granted by the constitution to defend the other? Yes, in small instances, but largely no.

Why not defend the first with the second?

When will we stop being divided along left/right lines or any other hundreds of divisions and come together as Americans to protect the closest thing that humanity has come to true personal freedom?

(I know that some of the opinions herein may not go over well with some, but ultimately it is just that my opinion and you are free to take it, or leave it.)

XxWINxX94
May 14, 2013, 06:30 PM
Personally from what I can tell, this is not a protest only for gun rights or just the second amendment, but for the whole of the constitution.

If you look at the recent history of "peaceful protest" in this country it shows one group attempting to coerce the other with means of force (be it less lethal or otherwise)

Has anyone to this point used more than one aspect of the rights granted by the constitution to defend the other? Yes, in small instances, but largely no.

Why not defend the first with the second?

When will we stop being divided along left/right lines or any other hundreds of divisions and come together as Americans to protect the closest thing that humanity has come to true personal freedom?

(I know that some of the opinions herein may not go over well with some, but ultimately it is just that my opinion and you are free to take it, or leave it.)

Amen. I'm for the march, as long as the protestors don't start anything stupid that could potentially end violently. It really is a bigger issue than firearms, Kokesh just wants equality and freedom for all citizens, particularly those in D.C. who aren't permitted to have weapons in public. This is being demonstrated by means of peaceful resistance and carrying weapons where they are supposedly illegal. Shouldn't the second ammendment apply anywhere in the country? Or is it only applicable in places where the president and federal government are located? Did the people of D.C. choose to have little to no firearm rights? An unjust law is an unjust law, no matter if Rosa Parks took the man's bus seat or Adam Kokesh marches on D.C.

Do some researcha and watch some of Kokesh's videos, he really just wants to expose the elitist, hypocritical and unfair sides of government, and ultimately reform it. This march is just receving more attention than his usual stunts, and he has repeatedly stated they will not resist law enforcement.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but its all about our rights and freedoms.

cassandrasdaddy
May 14, 2013, 06:58 PM
research kokesh and his history of antics.
thankfully i think its all noise

phil dirt
May 14, 2013, 07:05 PM
The police chief has already announced her intent to arrest any marchers breaking WA DC law. As many have already pointed out, this idea has the potential of backfiring .... big time.

lionking
May 14, 2013, 07:50 PM
quote"Amen. I'm for the march, as long as the protestors don't start anything stupid that could potentially end violently. It really is a bigger issue than firearms, Kokesh just wants equality and freedom for all citizens, particularly those in D.C. who aren't permitted to have weapons in public. This is being demonstrated by means of peaceful resistance and carrying weapons where they are supposedly illegal. Shouldn't the second ammendment apply anywhere in the country? Or is it only applicable in places where the president and federal government are located? Did the people of D.C. choose to have little to no firearm rights? An unjust law is an unjust law, no matter if Rosa Parks took the man's bus seat or Adam Kokesh marches on D.C.

Do some researcha and watch some of Kokesh's videos, he really just wants to expose the elitist, hypocritical and unfair sides of government, and ultimately reform it. This march is just receving more attention than his usual stunts, and he has repeatedly stated they will not resist law enforcement.":end quote

Well I have done some research on him and from what I have seen he is more about ego and has affiliated himself at times with groups like code pink who are on the extremist left side and outspoken against gun owners.

As far as people's rights, states rights matter and if people want something in their state let them or take it to court and over turn it. The system still works.

And then there is the insult to many American's by taking your guns to the street sending a message of "we don't like your opinion and vote and we'll take it away by intimidation and force". American's don't agree on everything and you might not like their vote but their voice counts also not just yours and you can change their minds by the soapbox, change government by votes, change laws by votes or courts with peaceful means without sending a threatening message.

Again, when the politicians suspend voting, suspend the court, suspend the constitution, suspend your voice and refuse to step down from elections then come back to me about "tyranny".

It really is a bigger issue true, a bigger issue than just what youconsider correct for the country. Like it or not, other opinions and voices to the future of the country matter also

pezo
May 14, 2013, 07:51 PM
A quick look through the wilkepedia's story on him reveals a connection to code pink. A left wing extremist group who seem anti gun. I believe they protested the NRA speech after sandy hook. Look at the protest section of the wilkepedia write up. Who knows maybe he is on the other side.

alsaqr
May 14, 2013, 08:13 PM
The Kokesh show was picked up by RT network. RT is funded by the Russian government.

Beginning in July 2010, Kokesh hosted a talk radio program called Adam vs. The Man which aired weekdays from the studios of 1550 KRKE in Albuquerque, New Mexico.[44] In April 2011, his show was picked up by RT America.[3] Conservative media watchdog Accuracy in Media criticized Kokesh's appeareances on RT, which is a non-profit organization largely funded by the Russian government.[45] The group claimed that RT uses Americans like Kokesh to make propaganda points.[46] David Weigel writes that Kokesh defended RT's "propaganda" function, saying "We're putting out the truth that no one else wants to say. I mean, if you want to put it in the worst possible abstract, it's the Russian government, which is a competing protection racket against the other governments of the world, going against the United States and calling them on their <deleted>."[47]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh

hso
May 15, 2013, 06:30 AM
Peaceful protests with the intent to stay peaceful are effective. This isn't one of those.

swalton1943
May 15, 2013, 07:35 AM
This idea will hurt us! Look for it to be supported undercover by the anti's.

Rail Driver
May 15, 2013, 09:08 AM
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill

Sam1911
May 15, 2013, 09:28 AM
So it's war then? And this guy will lead? Ok, good to know. Where do I sign up?

Rail Driver
May 15, 2013, 09:46 AM
So it's war then? And this guy will lead? Ok, good to know. Where do I sign up?
Your response is a bit snarky. What's the purpose behind your apparent implied ridicule?

I didn't post that in order to say "this is war" - I posted it in order to illustrate americans' blind adherence to the status quo no matter how screwed up the status quo is.

You're OK with the government twisting the constitution in order to steal nearly 40% of your earnings? You're OK with every right you have "protected" by the Bill of Rights (including the RKBA) being trampled in the interests of "the greater good"? The greater good for who? You and I? Nope. The greater good for government officials and those who hold real power.

I don't believe violence is the only answer to make the changes we need to make, after all - Iceland revolted without bloodshed or violence when their government and banks got too greedy.

You talk about this being a 2A advocacy site - you talk about how we're here to educate and spread a love for shooting - but you continue to support a government that has been treating the American people like cattle for the past 100 years and whittling away every right we're born with?

Sorry, but your sarcastic reply has no basis. Our rights are under attack from all sides, our way of life isn't in jeopardy, it was destroyed before we were ever born.

Not ONE SINGLE American on this board has ever known true freedom.

I don't know about you, but I would like my children to grow up free, and I won't be a slave.

Sam1911
May 15, 2013, 11:32 AM
Your response is a bit snarky. What's the purpose behind your apparent implied ridicule?Oh? If you're looking for revolution, this isn't the site to find it on.

I've studied a little bit of history, and one or two biographies along the way as well. Comparing the who, what, and how of the very few 'successful' revolutions in history that we might look to as models for the change we want, the people and the ideals and the circumstances that allowed those events to happen the way they did were so very, very far different from the people and ideals and circumstances we have at present, that no revolutionary rumblings extant, or which might reasonably be in the offing, even rise to the level of a good farce in comparison.

Where is our Washington, our Madison, or Jefferson? Where are the great men of high, even sometimes selfless ideals, and possessing the social position and referent authority to lead? Are they in hiding? They certainly are NOT in politics now, trying to right the ship without bloodshed. They do not exist -- heaven forbid -- in "our side's" media. Why not? Will they come out from behind their disguises "when the time is right?"

You talk of revolution and knowing true freedom, but there is NO guiding light to take us there. In the remotely unlikely event of forthcoming revolution, all we have any reason to expect is a brief period of anarchy followed by reprisal and subjugation.

So you can take your John Stuart Mill, pining for the war that is a lesser evil, and pray that day never comes.

The circumstances that built the greatest form of government the world has ever known DO NOT exist now. If we cannot work within the structures of the governmental system that has developed from that framework, there is no hope that we could replace it with anything equal. Even attempting to reinstate what "we" think the original form was supposed to be would require oligarchical subjugation of those we'd ostensibly be "freeing" -- as they would resist our efforts most stridently.

So, yeah, perhaps I'm a bit snarky when someone like this says we're going to march on Washington with rifles.

RetiredUSNChief
May 15, 2013, 01:11 PM
It really is a bigger issue than firearms, Kokesh just wants equality and freedom for all citizens, particularly those in D.C. who aren't permitted to have weapons in public.

Do some researcha and watch some of Kokesh's videos, he really just wants to expose the elitist, hypocritical and unfair sides of government, and ultimately reform it. This march is just receving more attention than his usual stunts, and he has repeatedly stated they will not resist law enforcement.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but its all about our rights and freedoms.

I'm not going to "flame" you for this.

However, I will beg to differ with you on Kokesh's motives. Kokesh isn't about "equality and freedom for all citizens". His behavior is about "being an [edit]hole". See post #48.

hso
May 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
but you continue to support a government that has been treating the American people like cattle for the past 100 years and whittling away every right we're born with?

Wrong

We don't support stupid behavior in the guise of advocacy.

This is a struggle, but the hyperbolic rhetoric about it being a war is as far off target as it comes.

We have to out politic these politicians and we have to keep in mind that there is no letup, no rest, no "peace" to be made with them. Their objective is and will be the complete disarmament of the populus and the disassembly of the 2nd, but they're using political means to do this which obilgates us to beat them on this field.

Howling for war is the fool's quick impatient solution instead of the day by day slogging against the lies and manipulations of the Antis.

Sam1911
May 15, 2013, 01:44 PM
Howling for war is the fool's quick impatient solution instead of the day by day slogging against the lies and manipulations of the Antis.Agreed. We clamor for revolution because we have the fool's belief that it is the easier path to our utopia, and because we lack the dedication and courage to WORK, and the patience to let the work we do accomplish bring about change in an orderly way.

If revolution ever comes again, what follows will be nothing like what we claim to treasure so deeply. It isn't a "reset" button. It's a "DESTRUCT" button.

Rail Driver
May 15, 2013, 02:34 PM
Agreed. We clamor for revolution because we have the fool's belief that it is the easier path to our utopia, and because we lack the dedication and courage to WORK, and the patience to let the work we do accomplish bring about change in an orderly way.

If revolution ever comes again, what follows will be nothing like what we claim to treasure so deeply. It isn't a "reset" button. It's a "DESTRUCT" button.
You said yourself we're outnumbered and outgunned where politics is concerned. How can you win a game when the deck is stacked against you?

No disrespect, but using flowery words to call me a fool because I don't believe we'll succeed working within the system isn't very high road, Sam and hso. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't entitle you to belittle me or my ideas.

We can all more or less afford to eat now - What about in 15 years when they're taking 60%? How about when our kids are grown and they're bringing home less than 25% of their income? After all, we have no reason to expect our politicians to be anything but greedy, lying traitors since that's what they've shown themselves to be, by and large, over the past decades that I've been alive, and well before then.

How to root out corruption when the rulemakers are corrupt? Sorry, I don't see "Vote" as an answer. Was anything ever done about the proven POTUS election fraud reported in various places?

As far as the predicted results of revolution - what makes you think we don't have any chance of rebuilding after major upheaval? Isn't that what birthed our nation?

We do have our Madisons, Jeffersons and Washingtons. People that stifle honest discussion based on what might happen, or what could happen in your opinion, keep many of them quiet. I have faith in my nation's people. Hardship will only make us stronger.

You think I call for war because I'm lazy? Far from it. I understand fully the work it would be to merely survive with no working infrastructure, to say nothing of law. Hard times forge the kind of men you're waiting on to show up magically. Those men weren't created in peacetime, brother. You want to talk history? Our founding fathers were just regular guys for the most part, until things got hairy and King George decided the colonies weren't being taxed enough. Sure our founding fathers tried working within the system as it was then - they tried for about 12 years before the first shots were fired. We've been trying to simply hold on to some shred of the rights those men fought to protect for how long now? In regards to the RKBA, we've been having our rights shaved away little by little since the late 20's/early 30's. Sure, we've made some headway towards regaining some of those rights, but it's baby steps and only really in the past 10 years. We're nowhere near to being even competitive to the standing army we're not supposed to have according to the constitution.

Like I said before, disagree with me all you want, but be men about it. It's no reason to be condescending.

cassandrasdaddy
May 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
I understand fully the work it would be to merely survive with no working infrastructure, to say nothing of law

where did you get this understanding?

Rail Driver
May 15, 2013, 03:35 PM
I understand fully the work it would be to merely survive with no working infrastructure, to say nothing of law

where did you get this understanding?
Let me rephrase to be more clear - I have a good understanding of what it might be like to survive in a situation with no modern amenities like power, running water, or readily available food supply other than what I can grow or kill because I've done it myself for periods of time extending beyond a couple weeks at a time.

Sam1911
May 15, 2013, 04:16 PM
You said yourself we're outnumbered and outgunned where politics is concerned.Did I really? I believe I've said (rather often, recently) we're doing a pretty good job right now and the political, legislative, and judicial processes have been WORKING for us in the last couple of decades.

No disrespect, but using flowery words to call me a fool because I don't believe we'll succeed working within the system isn't very high road, Sam and hso. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't entitle you to belittle me or my ideas. Wasn't really trying to call you a fool. Desiring revolution right now certainly is foolish, imho. Maybe I am indeed calling this guy with his armed march a fool, though -- but I'm not convinced he's just a fool.

As far as the predicted results of revolution - what makes you think we don't have any chance of rebuilding after major upheaval? Isn't that what birthed our nation? NO. It is NOT. Good grief -- study the men, the veritable gods of learning and wisdom who birthed this nation. We have NOTHING like them now. It wasn't a bunch of simple colonists and backwoods settlers who laid out the cornerstones of the USA.

We do have our Madisons, Jeffersons and Washingtons.Really? There are NONE. If there are, then they are too cowardly or too retiring or too ... something ... to show their faces on the current political and/or popular scene then. And if that's the case, they'll never have the power to establish anything more than a sewing bee.

People that stifle honest discussion based on what might happen, or what could happen in your opinion, keep many of them quiet. Uh...if they can be so easily stifled, they will make no kind of leader.

Hard times forge the kind of men you're waiting on to show up magically. What? You think Madison and Jefferson and will arise from hard times of anarchy and deprivation? Good heavens, do you know who these men WERE? Read their lives. Please!

Those men weren't created in peacetime, brother.WHAT? These men were the privileged, leisured class, "pampered" far beyond luxury as we know it. They had the freedom to study philosophy, language, and the classics for decades, and the philosophers and political theorists they studied were of a class and caliber the like of which is no longer seen. Any idea that they were rugged homespun sorts who banged together a Republic while struggling to stay alive is absolutely adrift from historic reality.

You want to talk history? Our founding fathers were just regular guys for the most part, until things got hairy and King George decided the colonies weren't being taxed enough. Oh fooey. That's such a simplistic and wrong explanation that it makes the conversation start to become absurd! American colonists were taxed less than any other British subject in the world at the time. ... Never mind. This is going to take too much off-topic explanation.

We've been trying to simply hold on to some shred of the rights those men fought to protect for how long now? In regards to the RKBA, we've been having our rights shaved away little by little since the late 20's/early 30's. Sure, we've made some headway towards regaining some of those rights, but it's baby steps and only really in the past 10 years. We're nowhere near to being even competitive to the standing army we're not supposed to have according to the constitution.Look, if you want to be upset that the Republic isn't exactly what it was on ratification, you'll need to start a whole lot earlier than the 1920s. Heck, more than 100 years earlier. Actually, it was almost IMMEDIATELY not what it was at ratification! I think it would be fascinating to see a nation today existing strictly on the text, but no one who's been alive for a very long time has any experience with that paradigm. Going to war in the vain attempt to recreate it, with no hope nor prayer of succeeding, is a truly nihilist idea.

Ignition Override
May 15, 2013, 06:20 PM
Wow...use what would appear to be an armed insurrection (many people would assume with loaded guns) to elicit sympathy for law-abiding citizens.

That could tip enough 'somewhat pro Second Amendment' people the other direction and offset any recent gains made.
Only a few votes in Congress, in the future, could mean huge changes.

Imagine voters in VA or other states Then demanding more protections (gun restrictions against) from Those supposedly 'law-abiding citizens'. Laws in CO, CT, NY might never be changed.

Potatohead
May 15, 2013, 06:20 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure this is an auspicious moment for such a thing. We've just WON pretty big on the national stage, and every one of the losses we've suffered are in a few states, not involved in this protest.

Folks' tensions are running pretty high and probably the best thing would be if we let those tensions cool a bit while we let gun issues drift back out of the public consciousness, rather than alarming Joe and Jane public in TV land with an armed march on the Capitol. Hate to get a couple hundred thousand folks SCARED enough to start calling their Congresscritters.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gym
May 15, 2013, 06:24 PM
I would bet 60/40 that it doesn't happen for one reason or another. I would like to see a million man protest in Washington to uphold the "entire" Constitution. But unarmed. This is not going to help, should it actually get off the ground. It's just going to look like a rag tag bunch of "Gun Nuts", especially if there is no worthwhile voice to lead the parade.

Potatohead
May 15, 2013, 06:43 PM
I don't think it's a stretch to think that this guy might be getting a check from the other side for organizing this little broo ha..didnt someone post he is an anti war type?

smogmage
May 15, 2013, 06:51 PM
nvm

cassandrasdaddy
May 15, 2013, 06:52 PM
there is a piece on uncle sams misguided children that sums it up real well

its a lot longer heres the intro and then they stop sugar coating it someone smarter than me can find a link i hope
Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children does not support the armed march on Washington, DC set for July 4, 2013. After researching the march’s principal organizer, Adam Kokesh, we’ve learned that his Anti-American ties and rhetoric are against everything that the Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children stands for.

Adam Kokesh is a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) and is closely related to Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (ANSWER). ANSWER is left-wing organization that supports amnesty for illegals. In 2006 they protested against “Save our State” and the “Minutemen Project,” in California and have continued to support illegal immigration and amnesty. IVAW itself is not without its share of zealots either. One member threatened to blow up the Gathering of Eagles, assassinate Michelle Malkin, and one was even proven to be a fake Army Ranger who was later prosecuted under the Stolen Valor Act (Jesse MacBeth). In 2010, IVAW Board Members actually burned an American flag during a protest! They also support amnesty for deserters and cowards who run from their military obligations and hide in Canada.

Adam Kokesh has well documented ties to Code Pink, whose founder is a Left-wing Progressive Democrat and anti-war/anti-military activist. Code Pink is actively, as recently as last week, engaged in anti-2nd Amendment protests. Additionally, Adam Kokesh has aligned himself with The Palestine Right to Return Coalition, which, according to Steven Emerson, director of the Investigative Project on Terrorism, is the “de facto arm of the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. “

Adam Kokesh is a Former Marine, which leads many Active Duty and Former Marines to support him as “one of them.” But in reality, Adam Kokesh is an opportunist and a fraud whose only mission is to gain attention and solicit donations for his own pocket. Now, Adam Kokesh is poised to single-handedly unravel five years of hard work and progress by patriot groups and our supporters in Government, Law Enforcement and the Military.

alsaqr
May 15, 2013, 06:55 PM

Pure malarky. i cherish every breath as a law abiding free US citizen.
You have absolutely no idea what its like to not be free.

After my retirement from the US Army i worked in two countries that were run by absolute dictators and another that practiced apartheid. One of those countries is ruled by Islamic law. Don't tell me i don't live free in the USA.

If you feel so strongly about this stuff then round up some like minded "patriots" and start a revolution: Don't be surprised when you have few followers.

Derry 1946
May 15, 2013, 07:08 PM
Sam, I agree with you. A random rabble has as much chance of confecting a viable nation as a Neanderthal has of designing and building a fighter jet.

cassandrasdaddy
May 15, 2013, 07:20 PM
Let me rephrase to be more clear - I have a good understanding of what it might be like to survive in a situation with no modern amenities like power, running water, or readily available food supply other than what I can grow or kill because I've done it myself for periods of time extending beyond a couple weeks at a time.
going camping for extended trip does not equate with your bombast about "without law etc" feel free to share your experience in lawless areas so wr can understand and assess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

hso
May 15, 2013, 07:38 PM
Having worked in the more civilized parts of the Middle East I can assure you that this is a democratic utopia compared to those countries with political "representation" for citizens.

We need more people to put down the remote and get up off the couch to actively join this struggle, but that's not the same as going off half cocked and inviting/inciting the half of the population to be convinced we're irresponsible/dangerous nuts (heck, that's what the Antis have been singing to the public for decades and they don't need any help from us to validate that vitriol).

TennJed
May 15, 2013, 07:51 PM
It is great, noble, and necessary to fight for what is right and true. It is foolish and stupid to prepare poorly (as in this march) and to let unqualified people lead (as in this march)

HKGuns
May 15, 2013, 08:03 PM
I don't see the problem, it is high time to go on the offensive and stop sitting back waiting for the ANTI's to pull crap and react to them.

A peaceful Million Rifle March on Washington would be stunning. Mom's and others can do it why can't we? Define unqualified.....I don't count myself as unqualified.

Is this the hot air club?

TennJed
May 15, 2013, 08:14 PM
I don't see the problem, it is high time to go on the offensive and stop sitting back waiting for the ANTI's to pull crap and react to them.

A peaceful Million Rifle March on Washington would be stunning. Mom's and others can do it why can't we? Define unqualified.....I don't count myself as unqualified.

Going on the offensive is fine if not done foolishly. Having a couple hundred people break the law is foolish. If you want a million people peacefully protesting in Washington then it would be helpful to not do it in a way that could put their careers or family in jeopardy. You want me and the majority of gun owners to follow you, then don't have the past track record of this guy. Someone posted that we should research this guy. I did, he is nothing but a shock jock. He is the Jerry Springer of the gun world.

Intelligent offensive is effective. Foolish offensive is counter-productive. I will not follow a fool into a foolish battle and don't be surprised when no one else does

ETA. HKguns I am not calling you unqualified or foolish, I am calling the guy that proposed this march. I will not type his name out, since I do not want to give him the attention he craves

hso
May 15, 2013, 08:28 PM
This idiot is trying to get people to march with LOADED WEAPONS. This isn't an empty holster or even an unloaded firearm march, but a march with loaded firearms. The only time massed people with loaded firearms should be marching on Washington is when all political recourse has failed.

Yo Mama
May 15, 2013, 08:50 PM
research kokesh and his history of antics.
thankfully i think its all noise

He has a very shady past, and is associated with groups like Code Pink and Communists. I think he's clinically insane and actually wants to hurt pro gun causes.

bogon48
May 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
I doubt this protest will come to pass. I'm with those who feel this idea is foolish and potentially destructive to our cause. D.C. has very strict gun control laws and will arrest people and seize weapons with little provocation. As for precedent, here's what happened to an Iraq war vet, who owned some firearms in VA but didn't register them after moving to D.C. Other people who stumbled into the city with weapons or ammo have gotten similar treatment. See:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/may/23/miller-iraq-vet-brutalized-over-guns-dc/

If these demonstrators try to enter D.C., I expect the police reaction will be swift. It is ridiculous to talk of of exchanging fire with D.C. LEOs because people don't like the laws those officers enforce. Do we get angry and drive at 80 mph because the speed limit in D.C. or some other city doesn't suit us?

Our government, however imperfect, is still the best one on earth. Votes actually mean something here, as opposed to say China, where turnout is around 70%. Too bad so few people actually exercise that right here. Yes, money determines who will run for office, and our short-attention-span culture makes sound bites and spin masters far too important. But don't talk to me of fighting the military or LEOs of the elected governments, local or national. That's criminal and treasonous. No good end if served by this sort of talk. It's the surest way to give control to the anti-gun nuts.

If this protest does take place, I think this guy will be shown to have an alligator mouth and a Cinderella butt...once he and the gang get to the D.C. jail. That's a good place to get a taste of a social system run by those who have rebelled.

HKGuns
May 16, 2013, 07:34 AM
Ok, I don't support marching with loaded weapons.

r1derbike
May 16, 2013, 08:41 AM
This isn't a train wreck, it is a head-on collision.

I can't believe anyone would align themselves with this madness.

I can't think of anything that would undue all the effort we have put into killing this administration's gun control facade than this.

Get this guy into psychiatric care. He is a loose cannon, and the Obama administration is probably jumping with glee plotting ways to make this look like they are the face of the American gun community.

RetiredUSNChief
May 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
Howling for war is the fool's quick impatient solution instead of the day by day slogging against the lies and manipulations of the Antis.

Well put.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, the united voices of citizens carrys power and influence. If people are getting frustrated because "things aren't going their way", they need to realise that, perhaps, their voice isn't being seen as representative of a significant portion of the population.

And the ONLY way one's voice gets to be seen as representative of a significant portion of the population is when, in fact, a significant portion of the population bands together in unity to MAKE it so.

This requires dedication and work, as well as an understanding of the dynamics of human behavior and group social behavior.

A premature cry to war in an otherwise peaceful society will fail for a variety of reasons, and perhaps the two biggest are lack of significant support from the population as a whole and a legal/militant backlash from the government in response which will be supported by the citizens who don't see things from the same viewpoint as those doing the rebelling.

HoosierQ
May 16, 2013, 04:06 PM
Whether or not it is a hoax, or cancelled, I'd bet security will be present at the border that day. There is a outright guarantee that shots will be fired if such an march occurred, the best you could hope for would be that the shots fired would be tear gas, before the group was dispersed/forcibly disarmed and detained.

While I disagree with Washington DC's special status in regards to citizens rights, or lack thereof, this is absolutely not the right way to win them for the citizens of DC, or any citizens of the US.
There are those that think the whole Kent State mess happened because of an accidental discharge. All those guardsmen were seriously sleep deprived way past the point of effectiveness. Somebody goofed and fired a round. Everybody panicked and fired off their entire clip of 8 rounds (they had Garands) in about 5 seconds. 4 people dead, something like a dozen injured to one degree or another.

Even if no bone fide nut-cases came to this thing, there'd be enough "conspiracy theorists" on hand that if there was a ND/AD they'd thing the government was after them and then the rest truly would be history.

Bad idea.

armoredman
May 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
Those who cry the loudest for war are quite often the ones who have seen the least of it.

This is pure political fully aware suicide with intent - he intends to cause hate and discontent and use Daddy to "slip out the back" while his deluded followers get slaughtered or incarcerated. The Dear Leader and Eric i-love-giving-guns-to-criminals Holder will have the big national "tragedy" they've been waiting for to divert from the IRS scandal, the Justice/AP scandal, the on-going Fast and Furious scandal, the Benghazi scandal, and anything else that comes up between now and then. Then it will be Katy, bar the door...

cassandrasdaddy
May 16, 2013, 06:57 PM
yup ^^^^^

big boom
May 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
My vote goes to the idea of just carrying 30 round (empty?)magazines. A whole lot less likely to get them arrested/shot by a scared policeman

Resist Evil
May 16, 2013, 07:11 PM
Michelle Malkin's take on Adam Kokesh (http://michellemalkin.com/2013/05/13/beware-of-ivaw-nutball-turned-gun-rights-organizer-adam-kokesh/).

Green Lantern
May 16, 2013, 07:53 PM
The Dear Leader and Eric i-love-giving-guns-to-criminals Holder will have the big national "tragedy" they've been waiting for to divert from the IRA scandal, the Justice/AP scandal, the on-going Fast and Furious scandal, the Benghazi scandal, and anything else that comes up between now and then. Then it will be Katy, bar the door...

And just today it comes out that Justice managed to "misplace" a couple of terrorists that they, for some reason, had in Witness Protection.

Enough to make me wonder if it's possible the administration is trying to get all of their screwups out in the open NOW, so that when something big happens LATER, it'll sweep everything under the rug....

lionking
May 17, 2013, 09:11 PM
quote"Your response is a bit snarky. What's the purpose behind your apparent implied ridicule?

I didn't post that in order to say "this is war" - I posted it in order to illustrate americans' blind adherence to the status quo no matter how screwed up the status quo is.

You're OK with the government twisting the constitution in order to steal nearly 40% of your earnings? You're OK with every right you have "protected" by the Bill of Rights (including the RKBA) being trampled in the interests of "the greater good"? The greater good for who? You and I? Nope. The greater good for government officials and those who hold real power.

I don't believe violence is the only answer to make the changes we need to make, after all - Iceland revolted without bloodshed or violence when their government and banks got too greedy.

You talk about this being a 2A advocacy site - you talk about how we're here to educate and spread a love for shooting - but you continue to support a government that has been treating the American people like cattle for the past 100 years and whittling away every right we're born with?

Sorry, but your sarcastic reply has no basis. Our rights are under attack from all sides, our way of life isn't in jeopardy, it was destroyed before we were ever born.

I don't know about you, but I would like my children to grow up free, and I won't be a slave."end quote
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well this is what I have trying to get across when some say this guy leading this supposed march on D.C is for rights beyond gun rights.

List 10 issues regarding this nation and I bet of those 10 there will be some you and I don't agree with. Are you to say my opinion on the future of this nation is invalid? Are you to show a gun at a march sending a message that you intend to intimidate me and that my voice and vote doesn't matter like yours does? This is the message you send by doing so and that is no way to gain support from others toward your cause.

A politician voted in sooner or later leaves by peaceful voting. A law deemed unjust can be taken to court and overturned. You call the people cattle to government but its the people who vote in the government. How can you say we are cattle when despite having a anti gun administration in office and a anti gun media and a recent tragedy we STILL beat back proposed anti gun laws? You can't tell me you are living in tyranny given that.

There may be some things you don't like policy wise right now, you may think it is wrong and unfair or "tyranny" but you can change it by the soapbox, by voting and by the courts.

Our government which you blame, is not some government made up of a Castro or Chavez, it is not some government that beats you down for voicing your opinion like in Bahrain, it is not some government that that has a dictator like north Korea it is a government put in place by the people so if you have a beef with government use the soapbox and voting or the courts to effect change.

That is the legacy our founders left us, and so far it still works even if it isn't working the way policy or issue wise you would like to.

4v50 Gary
May 18, 2013, 01:19 AM
It would be funny if he showed up with 10,000 supporters; all of whom are from various law enforcement agencies who are there to spy on him. "Hey, weren't you at the Police Olympics

RetiredUSNChief
May 18, 2013, 09:25 AM
It would be funny if he showed up with 10,000 supporters; all of whom are from various law enforcement agencies who are there to spy on him. "Hey, weren't you at the Police Olympics

Oh, now THAT would be priceless!

That would be on the same level of hilarity as the scene in an old S.W.A.T. episode where two would-be crooks pulled guns in the bar all the off-duty cops frequented. "THIS IS A STICK-UP!" and EVERY person in the bar cassually pulled, cocked, and trained their guns on them while still drinking their beer.

Man, I loved that show!

Hey...I just dated myself...

:neener:

hso
May 18, 2013, 09:31 AM
AND, with that I think it is obvious that this one's run its course.

If you enjoyed reading about "D.C Protest" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!