SC transfer?

PDA

greenr18
May 10, 2013, 06:52 PM
I'm sending a .22 rifle to a friend as their first (to own, not use) rifle, I know it has to go through a dealer to ship, but is there anything else they'll need? Driver's license copy, bill of sale? I'm just curious because I've never dealt with a transfer to someone in South Carolina and my searches for information haven't turned up much. Is there a waiting period or similar?

If you enjoyed reading about "SC transfer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
May 10, 2013, 06:56 PM
You don't need to use a dealer, but you need to ship it to a SC FFL so your friend can get the transfer done. Whether his FFL will accept a shipment from a non-FFL or not, is up to him - it is not illegal, but some don't do it

Al Thompson
May 10, 2013, 08:22 PM
Shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. We do have some THR members who have FFLs, so if you can post the county, we should be able to figure something out.

Feel free to PM me, if you don't want to post the county in public.

Al Thompson
May 11, 2013, 02:17 PM
Working on it. :)

greenr18
May 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
thanks guys I appreciate it

Al Thompson
May 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
Green, check your PMs for specifics.

For others, you can always use Bud's FFL finder and I think the gun auction sites have the same feature. :)

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ffl.php

If you enjoyed reading about "SC transfer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!