NRA presence?

PDA

SleazyRider
May 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
Is the administrative arm of the NRA present on any gun boards? Seems to me that The High Road is one of the premier, if not THE premier gun board on the Net today, yet there is a deafening silence from the NRA when it comes to defending their policies or providing commentary on concerns from the membership. Am I the only one who would like to hear more from "the horse's mouth," or has this organization grown too big to respond to the concerns of the average Joe? I'm not trying to make a statement here, but I think a lot of speculation and misinformation could be avoided by direct and authoritative dialog with the NRA, and I'm curious as to why this doesn't happen.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA presence?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JRH6856
May 13, 2013, 12:40 AM
The NRA maintains a presence on FaceBook, YouTube, Twitter, GooglePlus, Instagram, and Pinterest. (http://home.nra.org/home/list/social) They probably think that they are easy enough to find that they don't need to maintain a presence on every gun forum on the internet.

SleazyRider
May 13, 2013, 04:53 AM
Yes, but so does the White House, in fact, so does every legislator et al. But it doesn't mean there's any dialogue or exchange of ideas, it is simply a means of advancing an agenda. I was just curious.

JRH6856
May 13, 2013, 02:57 PM
There is the NRA Contact page (https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx) if you have a serious suggestion or questions, but if the NRA maintained a public presence on a forum, I'm guessing it would attract a lot of antis and the low signal to noise ratio would render it pretty much a waste of time.

hso
May 13, 2013, 03:34 PM
I suspect they can't have a presence on one without having a presence on all.

JRH6856
May 13, 2013, 06:40 PM
I suspect they can't have a presence on one without having a presence on all.
There's that, and there are probably some boards they don't want to be associated with.

I know there are some that I don't want to be associated with. :scrutiny:

silicosys4
May 13, 2013, 07:06 PM
There's that, and there are probably some boards they don't want to be associated with.

I know there are some that I don't want to be associated with. :scrutiny:

Amen.

PT92
May 13, 2013, 09:18 PM
I agree with some of the aforementioned opinions as to why the NRA isn't "overtly" present on THR but I would add that they want to avoid the inevitable :cuss: "trolls" that would result...Why be baited...

Longhorn 76
May 13, 2013, 09:30 PM
Texas CHL forum, for one.

MAKster
May 13, 2013, 10:07 PM
Representatives of the NRA don't just make spontaneous statements on web forums or anywhere else. Every statement and policy position from the NRA is extensively analyzed and edited by lawyers, public relations professionals and lobbyists.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA presence?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!