An often overlooked range item. BOK? IFAK? Thoughts to consider when picking one.

PDA

Prometheus
May 13, 2013, 11:39 PM
I go over my thoughts on BOK's, IFAK's and more and some thoughts in general on medical kits.

http://youtu.be/0gaDPN9gFYU

Let me know if you guys have any questions or would like to see something more in depth.

If you enjoyed reading about "An often overlooked range item. BOK? IFAK? Thoughts to consider when picking one." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 14, 2013, 12:43 AM
I think I still got a 1968, GI issue web-gear first aid kit (OD green Kotex with a belly band tie string) under the truck seat.

And some 1975-80ish Band-Aids & Iodine.

Other then that?
If I get shot at the range, I am probably going to die there.

And there are much worse places & ways to die!

Myself?
I am more worried about dying in my truck in a crash on the way to the range then at the range from a gunshot after getting there.

But in the grand scheme of things at almost 70?
I don't worry much about that either.

I almost fell of the roof cleaning gutters two weeks ago.
Now that really worries me when I have to do it again next Fall.

(No pun intended.)

rc

Savage99
May 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
What does bok or fiac mean?

Please spell out the words.

Thank you

taliv
May 14, 2013, 01:23 PM
blow out kit
individual first aid kit

nice video prometheus. my attention span wasn't long enough to sit through it all... :) your kits look really big. maybe it is the camera angle

Prometheus
May 15, 2013, 02:05 AM
Thank you Taliv,

The angle may make some look larger. I'll grab a shot of them side by side with a PMAG for size comparison.

The larger blue bag is a full sized jump bag, so it is rather large. The first kit I show is fairly small and the tear off pouch isn't much larger. They are both just large enough to fit the essentials.

If you enjoyed reading about "An often overlooked range item. BOK? IFAK? Thoughts to consider when picking one." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!