Gun-related souvenir from UK?

PDA

Hutch
March 17, 2004, 02:30 PM
My high-school daughter will be traveling in a large group of students to London and Edinburgh next week. She wants to know what sort of souvenir she can bring me back from the trip. She will have some sightseeing/souvenir hunting time, but no wheels. She will be staying right in the middle of London, IIRC, and I have no idea where in Edinburgh.

Sooooo.... that being said, what do I ask for, in the 10UKL (~20USD) price range? It must be small, and legal to carry on board an aircraft. I'm stumped. The shame of being born with no imagination...

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun-related souvenir from UK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
modifiedbrowning
March 17, 2004, 02:35 PM
Logoed Pint glass?

Kodiak AK
March 17, 2004, 02:37 PM
An H&H catalouge . $20 might cover it .

larry_minn
March 17, 2004, 03:03 PM
Why can't she put it into checked luggage? Other then that I have no ideas.

Hutch
March 17, 2004, 03:18 PM
Well, she CAN put it checked baggage, but the roolz the kids operate under means they can't acquire anything that wouldn't pass muster at the airport. No miniature Wilkinson sword, etc.

AJ Dual
March 17, 2004, 03:27 PM
Have her look for a Traser key-chain fob. It's a gigantic Tritium glow in the dark capsule embedded in lucite, kind of like a light-stick that lasts 20 years. :cool:

Perfectly safe, no worse than what's in a smoke detector, or your Trijcon nite-sites, just isn't sold in the U.S. because of our dumb Department of Energy/Nuclear Regulatory Comission rules.

4v50 Gary
March 18, 2004, 12:08 AM
Edinburgh Castle is the home of the Royal Scots Grey. She can bring home a regimental crest for you. It could be the hatbadge, drinking mug, coaster, tie, tie bar, shot glass or perhaps even a tartan or a CD of the Regimental Band playing their march and favorite airs (Scotland the Brave, etc.)

BTW, there's reproduction Ferguson rifle there. Perhaps she can smuggle it out of the Castle (it's smaller than Mon Megs - really) for you and ship it home via UPS?:p

Now, in London she can visit the Imperial War Museum and bring back that Sopwith Camel that shot down a Zeppelin. It was launched from a barge that was towed by a destroyer. OK, maybe a book or two. There's also the cruiser Belfast on the Thames River (near Tower Bridge). Oh god, that poor kid is going to be bored - especially if I were to lead a tour.

I generally find a tobaccolist and bring back some cubans, cigars that is.:cool:

Hutch
March 18, 2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys. I think I may have sufficient clueage...

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun-related souvenir from UK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!