Information Source for Harper's Ferry Rifle

PDA

hueytaxi
May 16, 2013, 02:25 AM
I have a family heirloom Model 1855 Harper's Ferry rifle (rather than musket). Upon my Dad's death and subsequently my step mother's I found I had a claim to Dad's early ownership of some weapons prior to his remarriage. I pursued that legal right and recovered 4 of about 7 weapons. Dad had always claimed to have documentation that this rifle was involved in John Brown's raid. almost 50 years had passed from the last time I had seen this rifle until I held it again. The paperwork was not to be located. I have learned that an inventory of the Harper's ferry arsenal weapons exists and wondered if it was somehow accessible to prove his claim? If it has no special value, I may market it.

As I don't check in every day, please drop me a line at hueytaxi229@msn.com

Appreciate any advice.

Roger

If you enjoyed reading about "Information Source for Harper's Ferry Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Information Source for Harper's Ferry Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!