Thought I was done!!

PDA

bigtubby
May 16, 2013, 10:20 PM
Thought I was pretty well set on my S&W revolvers, Then along comes a 66-1 2 1/2" snub I have a real soft spot for P&R snubs. FTF sale and at $500.00 I can't complain not a steal but a fair price for a sweet gun. I just can't seem to kick the habit!!! Is there a cure for this disease?

If you enjoyed reading about "Thought I was done!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lowercase
May 16, 2013, 10:24 PM
Is there a cure for this disease?
There is no known cure.

BTW, congrats! Now, all of us fellow addicts need some pics.

marksg
May 16, 2013, 10:29 PM

Also,,why would you want one?:D

EddieG54
May 16, 2013, 10:32 PM
My family and friends have suggested I see my doctor. Problem is: He's a gun nut as well! I think you will be fine.

Old Fuff
May 17, 2013, 01:52 AM
The only cure I know of is when they plant you in a hole... :uhoh:

I'm in no hurry... :D

bannockburn
May 17, 2013, 07:21 AM
bigtubby

The only problem I see here is finding enough space in your gunsafe for your latest aquisition. And the cure for that is simple...buy another gunsafe!

If it helps any maybe try thinking of it as being more of a passion rather than an obsession for P&R S&W's.

bikemutt
May 17, 2013, 10:50 PM
The only cure I've found is acquiring 22lr rifles instead, sadly it really doesn't change the cost much. So really you just need a bigger safe, or another safe, which is what I did.

orionengnr
May 17, 2013, 11:05 PM

Yes, but it involves a pine box and a 6' deep hole.
The Old Fuff beat me to it, but we are thinking alike. :)

Enjoy that 2 1/2" M66. If I ran across one, I'd grab it at that price. Don't even ask about a 3 1/2" M27 :uhoh:

dakotasouth
May 18, 2013, 01:42 AM
Thought I was done... more than once. Last was a 3" 66-3 that, not being ported, I am pretty sure has been modified during its history. Unless my copy of the 3rd ed. S&W Catalog is missing some information. Plan to get it lettered one of these days just to know its history.

There is no cure. There is just an end... and it is THE End as others have noted.

RUT
May 18, 2013, 09:06 AM
>>Thought I was done!!<<

Ah, how many times I have said that! :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Thought I was done!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!