Happy new gun day for me, and some recommendations please.

PDA

Dorin62
May 19, 2013, 06:59 AM
I finally took the plunge and bought my first center fire rifle (I am 51).:) Brought home a Ruger American in 30-06. Would like to make it a truly ALL American gun with every thing made in the good ole US of A. What scope brands and bi-pods are USA products, is this something that I can do, or am I trying to catch the wind? (Still can't believe I am that old):eek:.

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy new gun day for me, and some recommendations please." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jgiehl
May 19, 2013, 08:24 AM
Leupold and Redfield I believe.
I think they're both made in Oregon.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

gbran
May 19, 2013, 08:28 AM
Leupold scopes are made in Oregon, but a google search reports their lenses are imported. Don't know about others.

TurtlePhish
May 19, 2013, 11:24 AM
Harris bipods are all made in the US and are good equipment.

montanaoffroader
May 19, 2013, 11:24 AM
Leupold scopes are made in USA, except for the lenses. Same for the Redfield Revolution line of scopes. The Redfield Revenge line is made in the Phillipines to keep the price down.

Not sure about other manufacturers, heard that U S optics are 100% American made, but they carry quite the hefty price tag.

CB900F
May 20, 2013, 11:44 AM
Dorin;

I stongly doubt that you are going to find a scope that's 100% USA with an affordable price tag. That's also presuming that you don't want something with re-ground coke bottle bottoms for lenses either.

Personally, I'd go with Leupold. Your money will support an American company employing Americans, and keeping the majority of your spent dollar in this country. You'll also get an excellent product with a best-in-the-business guarantee.

900F

dprice3844444
May 20, 2013, 12:32 PM
if you want to reduce the recoil of the 3006,pachmeyer magnum decellerator butt pad and a http://www.gentrycustom.com/muzzle-brake will make it much more comfortable to shoot. and if you want to train the kids/grandkids and use this rifle,it will be easier on them.
just an fyi.

Outlaw Man
May 21, 2013, 09:10 AM
I believe there are some 100% American made scopes (including lenses) out there, but they're going to cost more than even a high end Leopold.

Fortunately, the gun culture is one of the few left that still pride themselves on buying American, so you can find nearly anything you want made here in the States. There are even a few low-end manufacturers here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy new gun day for me, and some recommendations please." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!