.308 upper interchangability?

PDA

Arizona_Mike
May 20, 2013, 10:23 PM
I'm interested in a .260 Remington upper for my M&P 10. Anyone know what my options are?

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about ".308 upper interchangability?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MAKster
May 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
Armalite makes an AR-10 in .260

GI_Jared
May 22, 2013, 12:00 AM
I was thinking that you could buy a DPMS upper and slide it right in, but apparently from what I have read online the pin holes ares slightly different so the DPMS/Bushmaster/Remington uppers are not interchangeable with the M&P lower.

I did read however that they use the same barrel nut. So you could get a smith and wesson upper or another upper that will work with the M&P 10 lower, then install a DPMS barrel on it.

This would all need to be confirmed as the M&P 10 is pretty new still. Not a lot of info on interchangeability.

Arizona_Mike
July 31, 2013, 06:15 PM
Any updates to the situation in the last 3 months? My M&P10 fits into the AR10 pin holes of my vice block--exact same length. The front lug seems a bit narrow but I have a milling machine if I had to narrow a DPMS lug.

DPMS upper on S&W lower?
Stripperd upper from S&W, swap carriers, compatable barrel from someone?

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about ".308 upper interchangability?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!